Current Event Conscious Interruption ship/fit tips

Deimos could’t keep up with single web and MWD and I’ve had an empty med slot on a Vigilant so so I’ve slapped that second web. Still work in progress though.

@Ezra_Endashi
Someone posted a VNI fit that gets it done. How is that impossible to solo if all you need is a T1 cruiser? I can understand that not everyone can afford pirate/T2/T3 cruisers for this, but a VNI is not that expensive.

@Iwo_Sh_ivah
Fair enough. I could fly a deimos but I don’t own one. And vigilant seems to get the job done quite well. Here’s my fit:

Vigilant fit

[Vigilant, Interruptus]
Medium Armor Repairer II
Armor Explosive Hardener II
Armor Thermal Hardener II
Reactive Armor Hardener
Magnetic Field Stabilizer II

Stasis Webifier II
50MN Quad LiF Restrained Microwarpdrive
Large Compact Pb-Acid Cap Battery
Cap Recharger II

Heavy Ion Blaster II
Heavy Ion Blaster II
Heavy Ion Blaster II
Heavy Ion Blaster II
Heavy Ion Blaster II

Medium Auxiliary Nano Pump II
Medium Capacitor Control Circuit I
Medium Nanobot Accelerator I

Hammerhead II x5

Antimatter Charge M x5500

Could be cap stable with a Rep Fleet Cap Battery, which I am considering. Fancy web could be nice too, but unnecessary unless you want bling. It seems to work pretty well so far.

1 Like

[Vigilant]
‘Meditation’ Medium Armor Repairer I
Shadow Serpentis Energized Adaptive Nano Membrane
Reactive Armor Hardener
Power Diagnostic System II

50MN Y-T8 Compact Microwarpdrive
Federation Navy Stasis Webifier
Fleeting Compact Stasis Webifier
Thukker Large Cap Battery

Heavy Neutron Blaster II
Heavy Neutron Blaster II
Heavy Neutron Blaster II
Heavy Neutron Blaster II
Heavy Neutron Blaster II

Medium Anti-Explosive Pump I
Medium Auxiliary Nano Pump I
Medium Auxiliary Nano Pump II

Hobgoblin II x5
Hornet EC-300 x5

Null M x1940
Void M x4205

Still not Cap stable and overtanked as it turns out. Navy web helps to catch it sooner and make the engagement shorter. 816dps. Webbed he’s not moving so large batterry can be ditched I think and PDS swapped for another MFS.

Edit. Paired with a Deimos it takes 35 seconds to kill it :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

Similar enough I guess :smiley:

Overtanked is good as far as I’m concerned, especially when the npc scrams. Better be safe! I’d trade that 2nd web for a cap recharger as more cap feels more necessary than more slowing. But yeah, you don’t need to be cap stable with the mwd on, since in web/scram range, you can’t run the mwd any ways.

That fed navy web must be nice! Then you can slow him down before his scram turns off your mwd! He just did that to me to run away X| Gotta time things well when both the web and his scram have 10km range. A bit of range advantage would be quite an improvement actually!

1 Like

Indeed. 14km web range lets you stay out of scram range. He doesn’t scram that often though as he focuses on drones. As it turns out when webbed hes not moving fast enough and when he doesn’t, MWD can be turned off so cap stable should be easy to achieve. I’ll fiddle with it and will see.

2 Likes

Rewards aren’t that bad. Skins look really nice and I’ve already got +10 skill boosters dropped.

3 Likes

Rail fit mwd Deimos 800 dps takes it out pretty fast.

Get behind and match speeds. Has the added benefit of getting away from the plebs that are farming the sites.

1 Like

Once again, my Vigilant came through. Using 2 faction webs, other goodies - estimated cost is about 720mill, but I can kill that arrogant cruiser myself now…

At that much cost it sounds like and ISK sink.

1 Like

I originally built this vigilant fit to kill FOB patrols. It’s surprisingly capable. Also, most of my gunnery/targeting skills are at 5, so a blaster boat works very well for me. I would guess that a fast rattlesnake might be able to kill that stinking drifter, but for me, missiles are weak.

1 Like

I haven’t even been able to get close to it with anything other than a MWD Merlin. Not even a speed tanked Thorax at 1070 m/s can get close too it.

1 Like

That drifter punk tried to run again, but my Vigilant does about 2300, I think. I closed gap, webbed with sansha and federation web, turned off MWD and pounded with blasters. Was being hit by all of the frigates, so I didn’t even launch drones - they will be melted quickly. Was very satisfying to finally kill the bastard.

1 Like

Webbing Loki with 425mm AC works well. Catch the Cruiser with the web (faction web can reach out to 33 km) early on and chase it with Microwarpdrive. Keep at range 12,500 or something to avoid the scram. You can also add some Light Drones, but they will loose target from time to time.

Thermal seems to be the weakest resist of the cruiser. Damage dealt seems to be Exp/Kin (50/50), tested with Reacive Armor Hardener.

1 Like

Used a Domi with 5 Ogres II and a buddy in a “hero-tackle” double webbing Atron. Once the Domi got range, it applied its grappler as well.

I was thinking an Eos with bursts for props and prop jamming might be a solo option.

Tried Eos. Not the best option imo, it’s waaay too slow.

I have been running a few sites and have found out that the Strike Cruiser is simply bait based on the loot drops.

The real loot is in the frigates that have dropped around 7 million ISK in items as well as Sleeper salvage.

As I’ve stated previously, just farm the Sleeper frigates. You need to kill a lot of them (10/20/50/75/etc.) to get the dailies for Conscious Interruption. The second part (bounties) is very hard to get as you need 500k ISK in bounties and you only get 250k ISK for the Drifter cruiser.

I’m not sure if the rewards for this event are worthwhile. Fireworks, supply drop with one booster (you can get these just from farming the Sleeper frigates), random accelerator (which drop rarely but suck) and one of the Genolution implants (if you manage to pull off 1200 points in a week - which is a freakin tall order).

2 Likes

I can catch the cruiser with this:

Ishtar

[Ishtar, GanGreen LimaBean]
Drone Damage Amplifier II
Drone Damage Amplifier II
Overdrive Injector System II
Capacitor Power Relay II
Energized Adaptive Nano Membrane II
Medium Armor Repairer II

10MN Afterburner II
50MN Cold-Gas Enduring Microwarpdrive
Stasis Webifier II
Stasis Webifier II

Heavy Neutron Blaster II
Heavy Neutron Blaster II
Heavy Neutron Blaster II
Core Probe Launcher II

Medium Capacitor Control Circuit II
Medium Auxiliary Thrusters I

Berserker SW-900 x1
Hobgoblin II x14
Garde II x5
Salvage Drone I x5
Gecko x2

Sisters Core Scanner Probe x16
Null M x12268

With only the mwd it is cap stable, so you burn at the cruiser while a web drone slows him down enough to catch up. Geckos out for damage and double web him once in range. Then switch to AB and turn rep on.

2 Likes

go in a site, wait for some ppl killing the cruiser, run to the loot box, steal the loot (if there’s)
repeat! :sunny:
that’s a way too

1 Like

Get pre-locked, steal the loot and then get insta-blapped. Works for me too.

2 Likes