[.CVD.] Interventions in Empire Space

To begin with, it was sad to see how quickly the Amarr turned on Samira when she went out and did what none of them seemed willing to do, save a million souls or more from horrifying slaughter. Then when the Khanid bastard struck at her family, he was shown that he was not beyond reach. That he and his clones were vulnerable, and that some targets are out of bounds. Capsuleer families for one. Again, she did what none else had the courage, strength or determination needed to do, and was condemned for it. Demonized, for striking at what Amarr should consider a blatant enemy but instead embrace to their chest.

Now… now it’s rather heartening. It wasn’t a mere panicked ‘shun her!’. It remains. This woman, staunch and stalwart in her belief in a better Empire, an Empire that strives towards the ideals of the Rite rather than lip service and corruption, shames them so that they must still demonize and deride her. In sheer terror of being compared to this lone Minmatar woman, more Amarr than any of them, they desperately try to diminish and lessen her.

… damn Samira. You’re the scariest thing they’ve faced yet, this side of the docking ring.

8 Likes

I think I see how you got on her good side.

Flattery gets you everywhere with her, it seems.

2 Likes

I would challenge this point. I mean really, all you have to do is ask what they think of Chakaid. It’s hardly flattering.

1 Like

They kill and die for him. Words are meaningless when compared to actions.

2 Likes

They kill and die for the Empire he is a part of.

There really is a difference.

4 Likes

And yet, that means killing and dying for his cause, rather than taking the fight to him. It is very binary in the end, with creatures like him. With or against.

1 Like

While true that it is only through faith and duty that we can defend against such nefarious attempts of division attempts from the burgeoning heresies within; I think this stands as an example that duty alone may break one’s spirit and lead them to become a tool for the very same heresy which they reel against.
At the same time, faith alone will not stamp out these heretics. Even if the results are not as immediate as one might hope, we must continue to fight back these internal heresies even amidst the external pressures.

I am quite aware of how it works, Lord Raholan, thank you. But assisting the Khanids was contemptible nonetheless. Especially from independent capsuleers who were under no obligation to lift a finger in their defense.

And I will not take any insulting of my honor from you, lipserver. I will accept such from PIE, but not you.

5 Likes

Politics are extremely non-binary.

2 Likes

Not always. Even we know that. Sometimes, there is simply no grey.

2 Likes

Some basic creatures find everything binary. Mate with it or eat it. Everything else is too complicated.

1 Like

There’s a notable difference between a group defending or rejecting the allies it has chosen for itself, and a group respecting the choices of those they’ve sworn loyalty to, however they may personally feel about it.

However much it may pain you, sometimes you must not act.

1 Like

Indeed, and that applies as much to those ‘loyalist’ capsuleers as to anyone else. They were never required to act. They were never required to even be there. Had they simply said ‘the Kingdom has said they will deal with this, we will let them deal with this’, that would have fulfilled their obligations.

To go over and above that is to endorse that which they choose to actively support. Especially when making statements of open support.

5 Likes

I do not understand how you expect them not to respond to an armed incursion by Ushra’Khan and hangers on. If PIE were to deploy citadels, import battleship fleets, and attempt to land a freighter full of troops on a planet in Heimatar, would you expect EM to simply say “The Republic will deal with it” and not show up?

I would certainly like to see logs of any pilots from PIE openly supporting Chakaid? I do not recall seeing this.

2 Likes

Killmails should suffice nicely. Again, words remain irrelevant when actions give them the lie.

Again, Chakaid is not the Empire.

1 Like

I seem to have missed these. This would be rather troubling, could you perhaps send them to me or post them here?

I’m quite sure we have been actively responding to any U’K attack on Amarr that we can for a lot longer than anyone here has known about Chakaid and saying that following the same policy against U’K that we have since before I was a PIE Admiral is trying to support Chakaid is just being absurd.

3 Likes

So an attack on Chakaid and his legions of mass murdering psychopaths slaughtering countless dirtside is to you an attack on Amarr? Well then, so you do embrace him. That’s all you needed to say, dearie.

2 Likes

An attack on a noble of the Khanid Kingdom, a part of the Amarr Empire, by a Republic Militia force is certainly an attack on Amarr, yes.

2 Likes