Cyberpunk development was a mess

Its all rushed development. They wanted more cash, developing as cheaply as they can, and wanting it on 4gen consoles. Thats why it is not as good as it could have been, sadly…

Now if they will make the game better on the 4 generation consoles? I dont think so, they will rather spend time on next gen release and just encourage to migrate.

Bloomberg link with artiicle and explanation what happened.

Coming when its ready? It was never an option it seems.

CDPR should have just ditched the plan to release for old consoles. That would have freed up much needed resources. However, it is quite laughable that they could not get the game in a better shape after 8 years.

I thoroughly enjoyed this game despite the bugs. I spent over 150 hours checking out lots of things, and some parts of the main story, some side quests and the endings were very captivating and emotional.

What frustrates me much more than bugs is the lost, not used or cut out potential. The main story lacks more depth, especially the first part how you teamed up with Jackie was rushed off in a cutscene. Being able to play that instead of watching 2 minutes could have added much more interesting dynamic and development.
Side missions and gigs also have so much potential for much more content that maybe was there or maybe could be in the future. The Peralez quest line has potential for at least 3 major story lines, hints at Megacorp wars, the Clouds stuff, fighting corruption with River Ward at the NCPD or what he talked about in the credits after the ending, just to name a few. From some of those examples you could create DLCs on the level of Hearts of Stone or Blood and Wine. Also the lack of being able to join the gangs and have gang specific content. Have I mentioned lacking customization?

So much potential for more things to do, to experience, to live. Seeing this and knowing that most of it will probably never materialize frustrates me much more than bugs. Some things never change, even across game borders. In EVE, I’m also a sucker for potentially amazing gameplay that CCP screws up. I’m no different in the CDPR world. :weary:

1 Like

The “right” development started after 2016 it seems. Back then the game was third person perspective, and they redefined it as something else after that point. Few high level people then left development because of that.

I think their parent are somehow responsible of that mess too…

1 Like

So much wasted potential. :cry:
That potential shines even thru all the cut content and bugs and crashes, and its even more sad that way…

They really needed more time, another year or two.

On positive note, even with all the crashes or bugs, I liked the story very much, even when story ending left me sad and in tears. Cyberpunk seems so cruel as a world, and Night City seems to not be exception from that rule after all. :sob:

But I think V will survive after all… Must!

I played through several endings and I have to say one thing: I went from feeling actually depressed to sad to empty to at least a tiny bit relieved. These endings are horrible (in a positive way from a gameplay experience perspective).

If you read on, you do so at your own risk. I will spoiler.

There is no ending where he really does. And I don’t think that will be an issue for future stories and content in NC and beyond. You can just take over a new character or create a new character to play different aspects of the NC life and, depending on how V ended, can have different consequences play out in the background. Like him sending messages from Mikoshi or the from beyond the Black Wall, Panam contacting you as some sort of old Bakker friend of V to help her with something or something like that. Naturally, you can also just create entirely new stories with new characters as NC is full of horrors, weirdos, amazing technological development and so on that need to be exploited for dramatic character deaths in an NC that is set years in the future. :smiley:

Did I mention lots more potential? :thinking:

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.