Cyno's are prohibitively expensive

And it doesn’t take a character with recon skills, either.

The idea that these things are too expensive is just absurd.

1 Like

It ends up being a substantial % of the hull of a carrier when the carrier needs to move multiple jumps. Add to that on top the time messing around and it’s more economical just to leave your carrier where it is and buy a new one. I don’t see how that’s good game design.

If you want to stop easy cynoing then just balance the thing around anchoring time and the amount of time you have to defend it. Let us have the chance to pick the thing back up.

The issue isn’t one of game design - it’s what you want to do that is the issue. You want to take a carrier from low sec and safely move it 8 jumps away with no risk. That’s not easy to do without help. I do think it’s easier for you to sell the thing (and with the industry changes you’ll probably have no dirth of buyers) and buy something else when you’re where you want to move to, and that’s what I would have done.

But yeah, it’s not always going to be cheap and easy to do the things you want to do in EVE. This is far cheaper and less risky (frankly, it’s even possible) with these cyno deployables than it was before.

I don’t think slapping a big price tag on it really changes anything in regards to how risky it is to move a carrier. I just think it makes selling it a better option than moving it in practice. But I will leave this as my last comment. I have nothing new to add so we will go around in circles if I continue.

o/

But the time is still the same. It would take you the same amount of time to move your cyno around for the 8 jumps. In fact the beacons would make it faster as your cyno pilot doesnt have to wait out the timer to move again. simply drop beacon, start moving to the next location.

Yes, but by the time I’ve paid 2-300 mill for asset safety, 400-500 mill for fuel and cynos, and whatever time it takes me to move. I’ve bought the equivalent of another carrier. It’s not even worth it to get it out of asset safety unless I’m selling it. Now I’ve got to find a buyer but nobody is buying so…bricked asset like I said.

Now is probably the best time to sell the carrier with all the price speculation surrounding the industry updates. You can likely get more than you paid for it.

Then sell your Carrier and buy a new one.
Problem solved and a ton of time saved.
With the added bonus that you don’t have to whine on the forums for CCP to change the game just to suit your needs.

1 Like

Please stop replying to me. I have never, nor will I ever, care about your opinion.

I’m trying, but nobody wants it so far.

“They hated him because he spoke the truth.”

1 Like

It’s because you’re not interesting.

Yes that is true. The point was you decided to then also try and throw in “but my time isn’t free” which really isn’t part of the argument as the time it would take to jump is the same whether it was the “old” way or the new so essentially time is a non factor.

Yes, but I said that because Brisc did not acknowledge the time part of the equation that should be factored in. Yes, there is a time factor in both cases, but is not a non-factor because I am not comparing the total cost to move before and after the cyno changes. I am comparing the total cost to move with the cost of the hull.

You are comparing 1. and 2. ISK cost is the cost of lighting all the cynos and fuel costs. Inconvenience fee is basically how much ISK you would be happy with to mess around moving it. Time cost is the opportunity cost of the time spent moving when you could be doing something else. Asset safety is the asset safety fee.
Here, if time cost before is approximately equal to time cost after, they you can omit them and not worry about them.

1. time cost before + ISK cost before + asset safety + inconvenience fee = X ISK
  2. time cost after + ISK cost after+ asset safety + inconvenience fee = Y ISK

But I am talking about 3. and 4. There is only one term which is related to time so basically has nothing to cancel out with, so cannot be ignored.

1. time cost after + ISK cost after+ asset safety + inconvenience fee = Z ISK
  2. is Z < cost of carrier hull. If yes, move it, otherwise sell.

My argument is that Z is too large. I think 15-20 mill for a deployable one time use cyno is much more in line.

It isn’t exactly a one time use item, is it? If you were in a group, lots of people could use the same cyno after it was deployed.

Sure, but if your stuff is in asset safety then you’re on your own.

Wasn’t getting your stuff into asset safety your first mistake?

If you consider being unable to predict real life and having to take a break, then yes that is a mistake…

And to think, in the past 2 days, you could have already moved your Carrier, or (like I’ve said from the beginning, sold it and bought a new one at your destination), but it looks like you’ve doubled down on begging CCP to change something just to soothe your specific situation.

Iono, a lot could have been done in the past 48 hours or so.

Try selling it for less. Or hypernet it.

Have you tried the locals? They may want to buy a cheap carrier, especially if they barely have to move it.