DDoS Compensation announced in The Pulse - 2020-02-21

Strange now the video is showing the right amount …
I need probably to change my pair of glasses or the video has been edited .
Definitly me eyes …

4:22 of the video is a good TL;DR of it and many other CCP things…

I have to say that while SP is nice, the general compensation for not being able to play a paid game is game time. There’s also the issue of setting it up with the Alpha/Omega difference, and I have to wonder how that will effect those people who were Omega during the peak of the attacks, but are now Alpha.

My recommendation would be doing at least a free week of Omega for all players, just to catch everyone. You can turn it into an event as well to try to bring back old players and try to bring in some new.

5 Likes

I’m so glad CCP doesn’t take recommendations like this from players.

1 Like

Awesome though was expecting maybe at least 500k. I get that its not their fault, right, but its still 3 weeks of unplayability and misery for all the people wo kept subbing anyway. If they can shell out almost 2m free sp on christmas event and new player signup gift, surely they can do better than a measly 350k.
What about the fact that lots of peoply couldnt connect for 2 weeks straight late alone do that killing spree stuff. Tha alone accounts for loosing about 300k sp if you round it up.

1 Like

How does it? 300k in 2 weeks? In the main you get 10k per time, time to time 25k and very occasionally 50k. If you were to accurately average out the daily you would hover around 12k or so. 12x(a potential) 14 is 168k. That’s if you even bother.
The chars I run make it so generally I just cba with it. If it’s 50k yeah I’ll more than liekly do it, 25k I ‘probably’ will but 10k isn’t worth me doing in fairness. So given the rate of the 25/50 days - my personal approach being the example here ofc - it means that even if - IF - I hadn’t been able to connect for 2 weeks I probably dropped ‘maybe’ 75k? At best?

Given that the skills I have running atm are all around the 17-24 days remaining mark… 75k… so what? Even if it was, as you say, 500k instead of 350k - how is that so much better? Another 150k SPs is not going to make a 100-day skill queue drop significantly either.

I mean, you can play now so that’s better already. Isn’t it? If the game isn’t what you play for then, you know, why are you logging in? Not being funny but it just seems kind of “using an excuse to get fr33 st00fz” in general. Not just you, but all the posts like this. I just don’t get it, sorry.

First of all 14daysx10k is 140k not 75k.Thats assuming youll never get 25k or 50k jobs. Regardless, from new player perspective, who dont multibox 10 alts and just focus on one or two, several months old, yeah 500k sp is a great deal. If your aiming for lvl 4 various skills connected to your focused activity, it is even greater of a deal. Fresh players wont shoot for LvL V 2years long skill queues. Old players can afford to straightout buy injectors anyway.

1 Like

Tired of it. This continuous race for isks and SP. More 10000SP! OMG! 25000! Better! Omgomg! More gold! More SP! As if this is the only important thing. More importantly, something is constantly wrong with the interface. RED DOTS everywhere! new red dots! More red dots! BEEP!
Or you can’t play just on the day when I took a day off from work. Or some other update. Or the test server is closed again.

And the poor in jita and the perimeter are tired. The same faces stand all day long. Just to catch the truck of another poor man. Beats. Not scary, no. Tired of it.

Poor pixels for the poor. These poor training points are about nothing when the turn of training is for a year. And they are nothing if you use them only to get another 10000sp by killing 1 corvette.

Give the unfortunate a little more, because we need … But what exactly do we need here? Is it there?

1 Like

I’m not asking free stuff, I would have asked free stuff if I had said I wont resub unless I get bazilion sp just because I’m entitled. I was speaking in the context of a more or less 2week period in which they decided to keep active a sp event that depended on being able to play the game whilst you could not. Yes for ppl eith 50m sp and up, they could not care less, ppl have lost trillions in territory loss and ships. But strictly in the context of sn active but undoable event, yes, doubling on the cumulative reward for free is the least nice thing they could do. All in all im happy with 350k anyway, will cut off bout 4 days of train for me in a very essential skill i need.

And my alpha alt continues to grow. :parrot:

3 Likes

That’s it. You are happy. You need experience points in this game. You can not play for a week, and a week to get nervous. Then get a wretched red dot everywhere, and be happy. Super!
Are you in a hurry? So what that you did not play! But they gave a few points!
Thank God it’s over! And some more red dots.
Hopefully there will be no more updates.

Just wanted to say, In most mmorpgs out there, you can max out your desired path in under a year and thats a rare case. In eve its like 5years,and if you want to properly skill for a mid tier ship, it takes what, at least 1 YEAR as omega? Eve is a 18yrs or so old game. They are aware they cannot retain new players by expecting them to rat in a mid tier gila or pvp in frigates and standard cruisers or mine in a procurer was it named, for the next two years? At this rate hardly anybody joining today would fly a t3 or upper ships like carriers, dreads, in 2-4 years ahead, unless they solely skillup for a racial path from start and go for minimum skill requirements which would have theur ship operate at less than 20% capacity. Its just the way it is, old players want new meat to join yet complain about the newbies wanting more sp, you can only increase player base by making alts up to a certain point. If you want to get new peeps, more sp to them is okay since as they say, it dont matter sp but experience so why complain then. Im happy for every 10k sp I can get for free even tho I migjt still be complete ■■■■ at pvp since I have given up the idea I would fly a dreadnought or those fancy t3+ fits in the next few years anyway,if I dont buy 50 large injectors.I might not even play 4 more years or eve dies alltogheter. I might have o erexagerated here and there but my point is, new people will never catch up with active old players and thats fine, to each his own merit. Yet they should get a taste of at least decent skilled mid tier ships in their first two years of gameplay, it wont hurt anybody.

2 Likes

This is wrong on so many levels.

What do you even mean “20% capacity”? That you’re only doing 20% of the DPS? 20% of the ehp? Where are you even getting these numbers from?

What even is a “mid tier ship”? What tiers are you even talking about here?

Holy cow, there’s so much going wrong with this comment.

6 Likes

Problem is that they probably can not truly identify who could or could not log into the game and providing every active pilot character play time back will hit their bottom line much more harshly than providing skill points. CCP is already taking a hit for something that they could not have prevented…even thought it could have been handled better. They can handle reimbursement for items/structures/what not on case by case petition basis. So again, providing play time back for everyone is not really reasonable unless you have a way to only distribute play time to players that honestly did not get the play time they paid for.

Edit: I am one that lost a lot of play time. From mid-Atlantic region U.S.

That’s why you have to apply it to everyone equally (Also why it’s not a good idea to have different compensation between alpha and omega, assuming they don’t bother to differentiate the ones that were subbed during the whole issue. And I’m subbed up for quite a while so it doesn’t effect me).

I say it would hit their bottom line harder to piss off people and lose subs than to give a free week to everyone, which could potentially keep subs and regain subs and even attract some new players if they advertise it well. Not like it would be the first time they’ve done a free week to try to attract players old and new, and this would be the perfect opportunity, and could easily turn a loss into a win.

I’m from the Southeast US, but I was able to get around it using a VPN.

1 Like

So one of my Omega accounts expires on Feb 23 so I have to resub in order to get what I should because of an issue I didn’t cause?

Also is the SP amount per account or per character on the account. I have multiple toons on one Omega account and pay for Multiple Character Training. Will I be compensated for both toons, as I couldn’t play either for 10 days until I finally paid for a VPN service to get around the issue.

WAAAAAAA!

1 Like

People should stop being whiny Karen manbabies.

What happened was not CCP’s fault so they could have not compensated at all. What’s next, demanding compensation from your car brand because your car is stuck in a snowstorm for 5 days?

On top of that the severity of the issues differed per person and region so it’s impossible to adequately gauge a compensation IF they chose to do so. So they went for this, personally I didn’t “demand” a compensation (as if doing so has any meaning or merit) but I’ll happily take what they’re offering.

Grow up, that or “vote with your wallet” and GTFO. Which ever it is, stop whining.

4 Likes

People need to stop spouting this garbage. Yes, they are not responsible for the DDOS. However, they are responsible for actions to mitigate it, and in that, they utterly failed. Not only was communication terrible, but they hired a well-known horrible DDOS mitigation service, probably to save money, that caused as many problems as the DDOS itself. If anything, it was worse, because an entire region couldn’t play for over a week while their enemies in other parts of the world could. This is horrible for a persistent PVP game that has consequences. CCP absolutely takes the blame for part of this fiasco.

Sure, they didn’t have to compensate at all, but any business that actually wants to survive probably shouldn’t tell their customers to sod off when they fail.

2 Likes

you really don’t have any actual clue on the subject. It’s like being an internet lawyer: lots of words but clueless af.