Dear CCP is this right?

Then there is a challenge that you can overcome certain different ways and once you do so you will feel a sense of accomplishment and rightfully so. Doing stuff in absolute safety is meh at best and anything you “achieve” under such circumstances is just that, an okay experience. On the other hand facing odds and still accomplishing your goal even if just partially is a whole different scenario and will give you a much more exciting feeling and might even be “proud” of what you achieved… and can be the same even if you fail but did your best. Much better experience than just a 100% safe and assured but meh experience.

Of course each to their own, I am just providing my view on things and in my view the not 100% certainty even in hisec makes EVE a far superior experience.

You should focus on not feeling your experience is ruined if you have to change course and have to adapt or even change what you do for a while. The closure of one option might lead to or open up other options. This is exciting as you face new, unexpected things and have to deal with them every now and then, and makes the game more fun and less boring.

Edit: It would be helpful if you did not edit in entire sections to your existing post to which a reply was already made. Better to just post your alterations in a reply instead.

Citadels were designed with wardecs and PvP in mind, yes in hisec too, they were never meant to be a pet project you can have risk free…

:explodyparrot:

Doing h-sec anoms in a 2.2 bill Ishtar…
I mean…
WTF

You act like it’s a bad thing. PvE ships perform much better when fit with Deadspace mods.

What else are you going to spend ISK on?

1 Like

And this is a moment when CCP shoots himself in a leg …

Good riddance.

1 Like

I fit my ship the way i like to :slight_smile:

2 Likes

not sure i understand ? you think its great play base are dropping ?

1 Like

Well if there was something to fight over it would make sense to me, but i am in a 2 man corp. The only reason they wardeck me is to ruin my game exp or?

2 Likes

the only reason they wardec you is because they can (they have the power to do so and it is allowed by game ToS/Rules and mechanics).

I can take my car and drive it in to kids on the street i still don’t do it…

2 Likes

That is my point CCP can change the rules any time they want to… to make it an fun game for all types of players…

2 Likes

So because you treat the game like it’s a place where you ought to be able to do what you want without consequence, it’s bad when you DO get said consequence?

Please explain to me exactly how you want the gaming experience in Eve Online to be like.

Thats impossible. Some players like to build sand castles and some like to break them.

Why is it impossible code can be chaged

1 Like

read my post pls

1 Like

Personally I want it to be exactly like how the various sectors of space are labeled.

High Sec should be an area where no offensive actions can be taken against another unless they’re a criminal or in a war. Low Sec should be where offensive actions can be taken against others but that action incurs Concord retribution. Null Sec should be an area where no retribution is incurred and any offensive action towards others can be done with impunity.

2 Likes

Totaly agree BUT war on other corps are some CCP need to look in to, and figure out how it works, for all players…

I played in null sec and was very fun to be part of wars and fights . Take space from others and defend space. But loots of wardecks in HS are just made to make the game unplayebel. Yes we can then discus should citadels be somthing you can set up adn dont have to defend, but its a game and ccp make the stuff for the players to play with.

2 Likes

This is currently how it is… with the exception that suspect status exists. I’m not sure what your complaint is here and how your vision changes anything at all. Highsec isn’t safe, but it’s safer as the mechanics behind CONCORD’s retrubution, sec standing loss, having to pay for wardecs, and so on deem it so.

In case you’re missing the boat here:

• Players go criminal to gank. This whole thread is a whine thread about how players interact with each other in what he thinks should be a place where that’s limited more than it is.

• Players can currently shoot at each other while they are at war.

If you want to remove ganking then you should be petitioning for CCP to make it impossible to shoot at another player unless you’re at war.

The truth is that most of the playerbase resides in Highsec for one reason or another. In my opinion, to have them be left alone where they get their cake and eat it too isn’t a good approach to this.

In reference to ganking: Is it really that difficult to fly responsibly? Use scouts, use a webber, use bookmarks to check gates, don’t autopilot, check killboards of systems you’re going to go through, and so on… These are extremely easy ENTRY-LEVEL things that any player should do if he cares about what he’s flying or carrying and doesn’t want to find himself turning them over to a ganker in the form of a wreck. Is this not a proper approach? Why do you feel the need to remove player interaction and a chance for players to put actual thought into what they do rather than aimlessly fly around in a 2.2b Gila, not caring about what happens around or to them?

In reference to War Decs: Wars are currently easier and more convenient than ever to evade… CCP has intentionally based wardec mechanics around structures. Structures that a lot of you feel entitled to have and ALSO not have to deal with wardecs. Sure they are an investment, sure they provide the best isk/hour for many activities, sure they are super convenient, sure they are fun… but owning and managing a structure should be considered a milestone for a group. Something that they work towards in terms of purchasing, managing, and ultimately defending.

I just can’t grasp my head around wanting to balance part of the game like you want where MOST of the playerbase resides and uses around some passive content where none of these unique interactions are allowed to take place. Have you ever thought and wondered what it does to a game when you give everyone easy access to everything? There’s nothing to look forward to, there’s no real goals, there’s no uphill battle… What are victories and experiences without hardships? I mean, what kind of Eve Online do you really want to play?

EDIT: DMC I know we’ve had our differences here and I’m not trolling or trying to belittle you. I appreciate that all players can and may enjoy many different aspects of the game - from mining to pvp… I find it all great that a player can logon and participate in the ecosystem of Eve Online. So don’t take this personal… I just think we fundamentally see what gaming experiences should be like differently.

3 Likes

Great post, gave me something to think about, ty

Blah, blah, blah …

I’ve been playing this game for well over 10 years now, probably a lot longer than you have. I definitely don’t need to read your wall of sanctimonious text explaining how the game is currently played nor do I like the fact that you’re responding to me as if I was a brand new player.

You asked a question and I answered it, that’s it.

'Nuff said.

1 Like