Dear CCP is this right?

Hey, glad to see you can read! The first part of my post was pointing out that how you wish Highsec would be is currently how it is. If you wish to revise that to include actual changes to how it is right now, then I recommend doing that.

What does playing this game for over 10 years mean? I’ve been playing for 7 years. Does that mean something?

High Sec is not currently like what I suggested. If it was, there wouldn’t be any suicide ganks happening.

What does my playing this game for over 10 years mean?

Considering the fact that I’ve also been an active member of the forums for just as long, it basically means that I’m done replying to obvious troll questions.

3 Likes

I’ve in WH space, even when I fly through high sec I fly cloaked most do the time, more out of habit, and I still hit scan, and even when flying my hauler to sell things in Jita with billions in the hold i have still not been ganked. There needs to be some destruction in high sec since there are so many people in it. You always have the option to leave.

I can understand, though not agree with, the OP’s sentiments. Basically they boil down to “people should be able to play EVE with no risk if they stay in high sec”. Of course, someone else will write “I should be able to do Epic arcs in a 2M SP character in a poorly fitted battleship and not get nuked by Ewar in the fourth mission, because reasons”.

Basically, it sounds to me like the first step on a slippery slope of “EVE shouldn’t be mean to me when I am being somewhat sloppy and inattentive”. Frankly, losing an Ishtar (?!) in high sec smacks of pretty careless play/fit/skills to me.

There are many, many MMOs out there that hold your hand, where the ‘death penalty’ consists of basically re-appearing at the nearest spawn point with no loss, where you can blast through all the content all day long without breaking a sweat. EVE is one of the last, actually challenging, actually “think before you act” games out there.

Don’t dumb it down.

2 Likes

We like to play EVE in dif ways you like WH i like HS. But i don’t like when i cant log in and play and have fun.

2 Likes

Changeing HS do not mean changing what you describe we can have that in Null, LS, WH and FW.

2 Likes

While I agree there is plenty of game mechanics that need to be refined, I’m still stumped by the number of players who are caught unaware by events (player or CCP generated), known game mechanic traps (autopilot), dangerous entities (Hi CODE), multitasking by watching Netflix and such while playing EVE, and just a general lack of overall game awareness. Used to be people would spend hours reviewing forum postings,youtube videos, and browsing helpful player run websites just to educate themselves on EVE. Now days, far too many want the game to be simplified and morphed for ease of use, not depth of gameplay. Kind of like getting an expensive car and ignoring the owner’s manual completely, then acting confused and angry when something bad happens because you failed to follow the manufacturer’s instructions.

Philoraptor%20EVE2

i love the complex gameplay EVE can offer do you think i would have played EVE for so many years if i didnt like it? I want CCP to be aware of that lots of players dont like this harassment game style many are using. And i hope that CCP would actually change it so we can have fun in this great game.

It is possible make part for builders and another for destroyer … any other mmo game did that only falcon and Hillmar tried to invent hot water and ■■■■■■ up potential great game …

1 Like

Take your “responsebility” and stick it where sun did not shine. I want secure HiSec for my money, no security no money for subscription … your “responsebility kind of flight” wont pay ccp bills and paychecks …

1 Like

You make a good point. One that has not escaped my attention, though, because I do this all the time for console games I play, to check various build possibilities, perk choices, alchemical formulas, etc, etc.

That’s how I can tell that I really enjoy a game, because I am doing that sort of thing to make the experience ever better.

A lot of times, on EVE, though, I’m

Or reading a book and only hitting F5/6/7 when my F1/2/3 launchers are reloading their auto-targeting missiles, or hitting alt-F1 when the shield alarm tells me I need to activate the booster.

I seriously question, at these times, why I’m even playing this game, which has fun moments so rarely now that it’s basically a once a week spurt of an hour of real interest and engaging activity…

1 Like

off topic i think :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

so sue me? :slight_smile: Nah, don’t. I’ll settle outside court and send you 10m isk for the fine, k?

So Eve is smart game because it need 110% involvment to play, ok then 10 gamers 17 bots ant 3 RMTers will play eve and eve will go broke
Falcon and Hillmar tried that concept ( BURNBURNBURB KILLKILLKILLL AAAAAAAAARGHHHHHHHH BOOOODBATH KILLDUMBNOOOOBS WEAREIMBAULTRAKILLERS ) and now they must lay of best people …
Good luck with your SMART GAME !!!

1 Like

No, only when little girly whiners like you leave.

2 Likes

Still one of the players

1 Like

15 years ago people undocked with a web and disrupter everywhere. CONCORD? What is that?
Now they need a 2.2 bill HAC to handle 3000 isk n00bie rats. And then things still arent safe enough…
Im getting old. Or CODE is starting to be right…
Ok, maybe both.

Good luck with EVE OP. Watch out for the bulkheads when you undock. Just to be safe…

1 Like

Change the gaming code problem solved not that hard. We just have to tell CCP some of us dont want this kind of game style, and it will make it fun for lots of players and dont ruin it for others.

1 Like

I sorta already addressed this… It’s the PLAYERS that make you miserable with their petty griefing.

This. Exactly this. Some people get a great deal of satisfaction ONLY if they can make others miserable, and that sort is growing in number, not shrinking.

2 Likes