How to get more people to play eve

I definitely agree with you about ‘bloodthirsty maniacs,’ but they’re not just on eve. Every mmo is filled to the brim these days with griefers. I tried ESO, and while I love the genre, played all the single player iterations, the introduction of other people definitely ruins it. You try to do anything at all and you have to navigate through hordes of idiots jumping all over the place, running back and forth, getting up and down from their mounts… Half of the time you can’t even do a quest because you’ll be doing the puzzle or whatever, and some jerk will walk by and tell you what order to push the buttons in to solve it.

If I walked into Whiterun with my toon on skyrim and saw the npcs acting like they were having a mass epileptic fit and couldn’t stand still for a second, I’d call that a major bug. But in ESO, well, it’s MMO - what can they do about it ruining the immersion? Nothing, of course. You just have to put up with it.

Well, I don’t. I deleted the game. Truth be told, I’m getting sick of Massively Maniacal Oppression in games, period. More and more, I like the single player games, where I can walk into a town, and mass seizures and insanity are not the order of the day, where vendors and quest-givers are not murdered by maniac griefers like in warcraft, etc, etc.

In other words, you. People. Everywhere, all the time, doing gods knows what for who knows what drug induced reason. I’m sick of you, so. Basically this is the last MMO I have, and I’m definitely not looking for another one. I have a switch, and mario kart 8 is a fun game when I want a break from more serious ones.

1 Like