Delay Local

Actually no. I want to balance it according to reward/risk as I’ve stated at least half a dozen times now.
One of the core principle of Eve is non-consensual combat so anything else is just pissing in the wind. On another game, I might completely agree with you.

Here’s your statement again, my emphasis:

I said that the target should always have an option to escape. You said that that’s against the core mechanic of non-consensual pvp.

Now, you’ve proven smart enough one way or the other, so I’m guessing we’re talking about different things. For the sake of the thread, I’ll give it one last try.

Let’s imagine there’s a hypothetical version of Eve where every PvP is like the duelling option ie every player has to opt in. This is functionally the same as your “always have an option to escape” – at least that’s how I read it.

Now read my miner mod thread where I argue that ‘agency’ is an important consideration… ie ideally, the player should legitimately feel they have a chance to escape:

(Radical improvement to mining: the audible alert module)

This is different from 100% always being able to escape. It is about having a significant non-zero chance to escape because a) the attacker isn’t stupidly OP b) they might make a mistake c) you weren’t AFK because mining IS that boring.

0.0 is balanced by “build empire, burn empire”.

OK, you made an assertion here. You’re saying it’s balanced in terms of risk reward? Justify it. Show us how.

It’s not refusal of the nerf, it’s refusal of the reasons brought up for it. You say 0.0 provides too much isk.

I have literally never said that. My preference is to increase the risk to balance 0.0.

After presenting your argument and your idea, I’ve demonstrated (twice) that we are within your proposed idea, even if we assume the space is much safer than it actually is.

I replied to your first demonstration and you ignored it. You ignored it at least one more time just now.

You also ignored @March_rabbit’s suggestion. It implies your main intent is to shut down discussion of this ‘nerf local’ suggestion.

I will call you out on this evasion every reply from now on.

To tell me that I don’t agree with nerfs is also outright WRONG, as I’ve said numerous times that I would (instantly) agree to a super nerf.

For what it’s worth, I didn’t include you in those 4. I perhaps should have made that clear.