Depths of the Abyss

WH’s not really an option for everyone. If youre nullsec dread pilot (especially during war times), its not that easy to just go to wormholes and do some ratting.

ofc it is just scan your nearby systems warp maybe 1 gate and go day trip in it for 4 hours then come out its what I’m doing atm on my main.

You make your ship cost back in 2-3 hours so its worth it. But yea you get hunted a lot too so depends on if you care about dread losses on the kb.

You make it sound bit over simplified. Can take quite a bit of time to even find a wormhole (and even more for wh’s that dreads actually can enter). And to be effective you either need a gang or alts.

And if you just keep popping into random wormholes, you gonna get some unwanted attention from locals. (maybe not a problem if you have that army of alts available to defend your cap)

Speed clouds on rats spawn point + addition of spawns cruisers can’t tank = ???
3 of the anchorings are dead…

Why not just add a GENIUS mechanic when your ship self-destructs on filament activation with 5% chance? About as fair as that stuff.

Maybe speed clouds should activate 30-60 seconds after ship enters the room. And them are TOO abundant sometimes.

4 Likes

Aren’t you people embarrassed? 75% of the responses are “this is impossible” and the other 25% are “this is easy, no problem, just have to manage it.”

I know what I am talking about. Do you?
If you do, please tell me a counterplay to 5km/s moving deathball which is supposed to creep at 500m/s, with tackle moving at 15km/s.

So you truly believe that there is not a single Eve player that can do it?

Yes, I do. It takes 3 seconds for them to be at zero at you with tackle in place. You might as well be calling a situation where you would spawn at zero in an old Leshak abyss fair and balanced.

wanders in

Did they put a mechanic in finally so a random disconnect doesn’t mean auto-loss of a bling ship?

reads patch notes , sighs dejectedly , leaves room

5 Likes

If you cant endure bad english, just skip this post

I realy like how much work ccp put in to my favorite pve content, the abyss. thanks for that!
I allready did a lot of t6 testing, here some toughts.

i wish they would be harder on piloting than only fitting benchmarks.
the feedback from ppl doing electricals or flying a GILA has to be taken with a grain of salt. those are the nobrainer filament and ship. if youre doing both, gz you won the darwin award :stuck_out_tongue:

some adjustments need to be made, to keep other ships viable

elite dramiel spawn: once 7 webs on me from those little …s i couldnt track them anymore. i had 107 tracking with booster, implants and high tracking ammo. may speed needs to be reduced, or sig increased.

leshak spawn: i had the 9 starving leshak spawn twice and they suck alot of cap. in electricals it seems manageable with good module/heat management. if you fly a GILA with 2 cap batteries also doable. may abyssal batteries will solve this point.

drekavac/ikitursa spawn: ikis kite at 20km and drekavac at 30-40km. with the GILA you can apply well at that range, but with turret ships you have to chase them all down and lose a lot of dps, while not at optimal range. some range or speed adjustment could be made, maybe slightly lower the remote reps from the drekavac too.

edencom spawn: nice to see how they massacre each other, like it :slight_smile:

sansha spawn: dps is high if they shoot in a resist hole, but every viable ship can get enough tank

concord spawn: had only one of those with one nueting marshal, was not that hard. need some more to testing.

drifter-/drone bs spawn: not much diffrent from t5. they hit hard with very high alpha. I suggest to reduce the alpha and increase rate of fire, not every ship has that much buffer as a GILA. it is enough advantage that the GILA can stay out of drone bs web range.

dark filaments: very demanding on fitting, with 3 large spawns it will get close with the timer running off. in low tier filaments the dramiel spawn could be a problem for fits without a web, needs some more testing.

firestorm: also very demanding on the fit, alot dps and cap is needed. good luck with that 9 starving leshak spawn here.

it would be nice to get those tier 3/4 booster available in the lp stores with t6 launch.

best regards and see you in the … GILA

edit: some changes to the dc mechanics while in the abyss for the better would be very welcome

4 Likes

Has anyone calculated how much loot they are getting from a T6 site? I had time to do 3 exotic T6 sites in a GILA and have gotten the same amount of loot as I would from a T5 exotic site.

That is with me looting all the cans.

Curious to know if other people have had a chance to loot all the cans and how much loot they are actually getting from their T6 sites on average?

I tested a couple T5 Darks with the “affordable” Cerberus HAM fit I normally run. No deaths, but some close calls on the timer.

Incoming damage was very manageable from the new spawns, probably has a lot to do with the Dark turret debuff.

Speed clouds. They ruin missile application (even with a web) and at least in Darks they seem to make your missiles chase the rats comically long without landing. A room that is covered in giant speed clouds is going to EAT your timer up. I think their color needs to stand out more.

I lost a lot of time to a big Drekavac spawn. Strong remote reps, I should have probably prioritized taking them down before the Kikis. They annoyingly also kite far, so you can lose a lot of time chasing them and heading back to the gate.

The most dangerous Dark spawn I ran into was the old dangerous spawn in Darks. The all Damavik Triglavian spawn with 5+ ghosting Damaviks and no blue cloud. I’ve suspected this spawn needs tuning for a while. If you get this spawn in a giant speed cloud covered room (I didn’t yet), I’m not sure there is a counter, maybe just sitting outside the abyss boundary.

In general I think clouds as a whole need more distinct borders. I often can’t quite find where I will be in or out of a cloud.
Invisible clouds still spawn and this feels like a bug, or very “cheap”. Flying into an invisible cloud at the wrong time can spell death and is unavoidable.

3 Likes

Get a stronger tank then, the Kikimoras room is pretty manageable

I made a 1200 hps tank Sacriledge at one point just to try out diving big kiki spawn in lvl6. Lasted for about 40 seconds on full heat… (same with 4+ Phantasms sansha spawn btw)

This spawn is designed to be stretched out and picked down. But such design does not work as intened if they spawn inside a speed cloud. You might as well be spawning at zero on them.

Sounds like a big resist hole was hit, or you’re lying about the tank capabilities. My Gila fit on sisi gets about 930 EHP/s of tank and works just fine in that room, and its not like the 1 kikimora I kill before theyre on me makes up for the nearly 300 EHP/s tank difference in our fits

Just rolled it again. 1215 hps tank in pyfa vs trig damage, and spawn wasn’t that thick. Held for about a minute after diving in. And I even could not get all of them to shoot me lol cause I was scrammed.

Against trig damage my Gila has 1138 EHP/s. If you had over 1200 and the tank only lasted a minute you must be doing something wrong

I’m not talking about proper completion of the room, I am talking about tank testing. And if the whole spawn is boosted on you via cloud on their spawn point, you are subjected to one. Hell, it is hard to kill scrams even if whole grid is repping them, that is not what supposed to be happening

Yea, if your tank only lasts 1 minute but its that beefy, you must be doing something wrong. Maybe you aren’t clearing the rats fast enough (trigs spool over time so if you aren’t actually clearing them as you go you’ll have a bad time).

if you wanna complain about tank, link your fit.
i have zero problems in my gila.