Dev Blog: A closer look at the CSM 13 voting numbers

How to make Eve Players care about voting: Have each candidate choose an actual in game mechanic change, candidates elected see their changes added to the update schedule, and these updates are added until they are proved to be nonviable.

There’s multiple ways to “validate” input.
Ensure the input does not contain garbage.
Ensure the input matching existing character.
Ensure that the chosen character is eligible for voting…
However, they did it right to not put too many restrictions on it. This gives them both the speed of votes accepting (checking for simple existence of an ID is WAY faster than testing for its attributes, least number of tests also lowers the chance of whole vote cast failing), but at the same time it gave them ability to assess the electorate… let’s call it “responsibility”.
Yes, you may vote for random people. Your votes wouldn’t count, but your actions will be caught.

Reminds me of nine women and one month…

2 Likes

I’m not promising things will change. I am promising I will do my job and present these concerns to the devs.

That’s the point of the CSM, after all. What CCP does with the information is up to them.

1 Like

They should in certain cases dont listen to CSM. It would be ridiculous to think that all sugestions are good. At least those not made by me. :wink:

“Lorelei Ierendi, Act fast - Get 15% off Omega!”

How come CCP spend effort writing me multiple emails trying to get me to spend money… but spend no effort sending emails to get people interested in the CSM election. Not one.
Maybe that would be something that would get the voting turnout up!? What do you think?

2 Likes

Karmafleet is recruiting!

How effective are those emails in getting you to spend money? :slight_smile:

I agree, however, that they can do a bit more promotion, and I know Guard has said they wanted to do more but the messed up schedule precluded that. I will mention it again to them for next year.

1 Like

How many fake memes was reported that influenced the elections? Seeing as how there are a lot of scammers out there in Eve Online it would be nice to know who used fake memes in their email advertisement schemes to get elected.

Goonswarm has four CSM members compared to the single representation from the other alliances.

Obviously Goonswarm must be taken down with a game wide war declaration and immediate hostilities in order to level the playing field so that representation from all alliances is present.

Otherwise, Goonswarm will continue to impose its Empirical fascism and tyranny over the entire game.

Indeed, their “tyranny” is obvious to anyone to see. Look at the opression they spread by gasps voting as a block. The horror, obviously we must eradicate them and then we can return to autopiloting with billions in our holds without a tank. It’s not as though next year; when we all don’t vote, that they will do the same and get just as many reps. Oh no, that won’t happen.

– Ok, in all seriousness now if my obvious sarcasm wasn’t just that. The idea that somehow GSFs the villans for actually voting and doing a efficient and effective job at not only rallying their base but also reminding their pilots to go out and vote repeatedly, is rather laughable and idiotic. Instead of laying the blame where it belongs; at the feet of apathetic and/or lazy highsec pilots, you would rather attack the afforemntioned group even though if the trend continues, next year will end up the same?

Look, it wouldn’t be the first time GSF was attacked and it’s attempted destruction would ensue and at this point I know quite a few pilots that would enjoy the content, but if you are looking for a solution to your representation problem then look in a mirror. If you want to win, rally as much highsec support as possible before CSM elections next year, and then organize a bloc vote. Campaign and organize, use propoganda and make sure your candidates have a clear platform and you would be able to have just as many seats. Unfortunately I suspect you will either ignore my advice or insist that no matter what actions you take, that GSF will still win, which just feeds back into the self furfilling nature of this whole thing.

Look, we all know the only thing we have to look forward to for the next year and a half is Sov Online. There’s no FanFest in Iceland next year, there’s been absolutely zero roadmap outlined or made available by the exec producer or CCP - and the only thing CCP has really committed to is the two mobile games they’re co-developing. And their 1st person shooter - but it’s anyone’s guess whether this will follow in Dust’s footsteps considering the crowded shooter market.

Resource Wars has been a bust (predicted), Forward Operating Bases have been a bust (also predicted) and Abyssal space is fast circling the drain. It’s summer and we’ve heard virtually nothing from CCP since FanFest.

The CSM is dominated by null-sec interests so most of us have finally given up trying to be heard. It’s not like CCP is really listening to anyone outside of null-sec anyway…

1 Like

RW was a bust because the null lobby got it so nerfed it was negative income.
FOB were a bust because said lobby got them so full of OP npcs that give zero reward because of fears of farming.
Abyssal space similarly got pre nerfed before it ever went live.

What a surprise pve keeps failing when it is either nerfed into the ground or full of overpowered npcs who need max skill characters in pirate ships to fight.

1 Like

There’s a common theme here that’s becoming readily apparent…

The common theme is the same cynicism about everything that we’ve been seeing for years.

The best way to get your ideas addressed is to keep bringing them up, winning more people to them, and keeping them visible.

There’s a reason why the “EVE is kill” thing is a meme. Don’t play into that and you’ll have a better shot at being heard.

2 Likes

…CCP losing players and income the more they focus on nullsec as the paramount of EVE gameplay?

Just ask yourself: what point there is to be a highsec player now? Everything is better, bigger and safer in nullsec.

Everything but, you know, player population and CCP revenue…

1 Like

The cynicism is totally warranted.

CCP has not had any kind of strategy for the last year, during which time their philosophy has been minimal effort for maximum return. Between the rounds of layoffs, the amount of talent they continue to hemmorrhage and the ongoing issues with Tranquility and the chat system - I’m amazed they’re able to keep the lights on.

Dust 514 was a failure… Valkyrie was a failure… Legion is a crap shoot and these two mobile apps are another gamble to try and diversify their revenue stream. It’s apparent to any outside observer that CCP’s investors and debt holders have been calling the shots for the past few years.

Case-in-point: Wasn’t the PI overhaul supposed to improve quality of life? Is there anyone actually happy with the end result? Did CCP even listen to player feedback during testing? How can CCP continue to release feature after feature that are basically DOA?

The fact that features like the new map, PI, chat system and Agency are still basically in Alpha speaks volumes. Forget balancing and new features. It’s about high time they took a development cycle to finish these features, improve stability and quash the majority of bugs and outstanding issues.

2 Likes

All they have done was a one/few people working in spare time at making it slightly less of a clickfest.

They caused some issues with it, that were not there earlier. I would say they could have made it more player friendly UI wise, but they dont want to give more designers to that feature. They would in fact need UI designer that plays the game and does stuff for 20 planets daily. Art designers with programmers to move 3d models of structures to different place, maybe windows corresponding to them, texturing 3D models, maybe adding option to hide them too.

2 Likes

I’m no CCP fanboy, but come on. That’s not even remotely close to true.

There’s been a clear roadmap - they’re cleaning up old systems and pushing out new ones. The changes to upwell structures, removing outposts, all of that was part of a roadmap to get us to situations where player behavior has a more direct impact on the game. They did a ton of balance changes, more than we’ve seen in a while, and they finally addressed jump fatigue, that a lot of folks were complaining about.

We got the first real, brand new PvE content in the game - not just burner missions or player events - with the launch of Abyssal Deadspace, and the stuff in there is fun to do and engaging content that’s different every time you go in.

That’s just basic stuff. They’ve been doing a ton of things. They’re bringing on new staff as the old staff leaves, and that’s not at all uncommon in games where teams rarely stay static for years at a time. I think that’s a bogus complaint.

Some changes work well, and others still need work. PI stuff can still be improved.

Don’t folks get tired of the constant “Eve is dying” nonsense? We’ve been hearing it for 15 years.

2 Likes

How long have you been playing EVE? Structures were announced years ago. It’s taken them all this time just to get to the point where players still hate the mechanics for them. FozzieSov anyone?

Maybe we should mention jump fatigue. What’s the strategy there? Increase, decrease, increase again, drastically decrease?

Ship tiercide has been an afterthought for the past year (if not more). There’s dozens of ships still waiting for balance passes. What about the map that’s been in “beta” for 5 years? What about the poor state of medium and large missile damage application? Missing Faction missile module variants?

How about the Gong Show that is low-sec, Faction Warfare and high-sec WarDecs?

Take a look at updates.eveonlne.com.

• Activity tracker
  • EVE Vegas

That’s basically the roadmap for the next 6 months.

4 Likes