Dev blog: Abyssal Deadspace - What Lies Beyond The Filament

needs officer heatsinks cant lose to the timer :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

2 Likes

Nice! I’m glad someone is having success with a phantasm, that extra afterburner speed seemed to fit really well with this content maybe a t2 fit can successfully do Tier 4’s well.

@Arthur_Aihaken I edited in the implants to my original post. I feel that some of the bling is probably over-kill, especially on the department of the implants, and could be easily substituted with cheaper alternatives.

1 Like

Actually um, planets and moons do orbit.

A fair, reasonable and useful answer, thank you.

Are you confusing orbit with rotation?

2 Likes

How does that deal with heavy neut spawns? Lasers + no cap mods at all? I was playing around with a Phantasm earlier (with a large cap battery even) and Leshak neuting spawns practically alpha’d my cap.

1 Like

Trying out the phantasm as well and yea any neuting and your pretty screwed lol but at least your fast enough to not let them get close

Yeah, the battleships can neut outside of your DPS range though. so you can stay away but then no way you’re completing the site.

Wonder if you can use ecm drones on the bs’s

Could just be bad luck but from limited testing they either seem immune to ECM or have ridiculously high scanner strength.

So you enter Abyssal Space solo… You have 3 pockets of NPCs which must be defeated to escape.

IF you dont, your ship is destroyed and you get podded.
IF you dont get it done in under 20 minutes, your ship is destroyed and you get podded.

While you are doing the site, other players in the system may have up to 20 minutes to track down your location, and setup their fleet, right where you are going to appear. You go in by yourself, but when you exit there might be 5 or 10 players waiting to gank you. You are limited to tech II Cruisers, they can have any ship they want. You’ll be coming out of a difficult battle possibly damaged, low on energy, etc. The gankers waiting to ambush you will not. And for the more lucrative sites, you’ll be given a suspect flag, so even in Hi Sec, people wont have any problem destroying you, the moment you exit the site.

Do I have all those details correct?

Did something happen recently that I missed where PVP became ridiculously difficult? Gankers now need every conceivable advantage to attack? Stuck, alone, in one spot everyone can find, for up to 20 minutes, in an inferior ship. Definition of a sitting duck. In the time after they enter the site, I could easily fly down from Jita to Amarr, scan down the site, tell 10 people where to meet me, update my market orders, eat lunch, check ebay, watch ESPN, and then destroy whomever exits the site, if they survive. Hey, when I scan down this site, do I get a notification saying “Victim will emerge here in 9 minutes”? Cause that would just be great.

This is not how you get new players to love the game. This is how you get them to rage quit.

2 Likes

Ghg1x7C

1 Like

Meh put an alt on the out hole if people camp call friends to kill them and bait with your ship as you exit :].

Fixed it for you.

3 Likes

No timer on the beacon. And some beacons will disappear, wasting time because the creator exploded in the site. (It’s sort of interesting that ship wreck loot lost in the abyss is just gone, no chance for anyone to get it.)

After the first few days, I think these are going to be more work to find and wait for, than most ppl will be willing to put up with.

3 Likes

“Victim will emerge here in 9 minutes”?

@Circumstantial_Evidence Haha.

1 Like

I just ran about 10 sites 3-5 and didn’t die once.
4.5bill setup the drop rate is very low. It seems pretty good for release.

3 Likes

Abyssal Dead Space Trade Hubs

Everything Abyssal should be kept clear of the local trade hubs dues to the increased presence of gankers scanning cargo holds looking for Abyssal items and filaments.

Abyssal Trade Hubs should be established within the same region as a trade hub but a few jumps away in High Sec.

Abyssal Trade Hubs should draw a lot of a new customers so Citadels with dedicated ships, modules and ammo on their markets could become the next big ISK venture for the adventurous.

Abyssal Trade Hubs should also have a holo-reel section dedicated in the Simulation window that would allow training videos to be watched involving Abyssal Dead Space explorers using their various ship fits.

The Abyssal Dead Space Trade Hub is going to make a lot of new Citadel Marketeers very wealthy to say the least.

Nope.

3 Likes