Dev blog: Abyssal Deadspace - What Lies Beyond The Filament

Easy to get stuff to and from jita xD And stuff high sec citadel’s

Holy Crap ■■■■ Ball’s how do you kill the 10Bs’s with 30km neut’s? My gun’s don’t even shoot that far (29k XD) lol, tried going super close but they track fine hmm and cant swap to arties because then I wont track frigates xD guess gun ships cant do this spawn.

Can’t tracking disrupt 10 ship’s as well, has anyone beaten this spawn in a vagabond yet?

Also got insta neuted down to 0 as I the fight started so not sure its possible to burn out of range.

1 Like

particularly polemic statement there.

I’m sorry you feel that way, and cannot seem to succeed with this content.

i must tell you i couldn’t care less what you think. i’m here to engage in good discussion about testing.

i’m content knowing i am comfortable doing the content when it drops on TQ. you’re opinions as to my capabilities or lack of mean less than nothing to me :slight_smile:

You have to take a leap of faith to do it^^

I’m only sorry I can’t find them recently only find other spawns

1 Like

Will we be able to see the tier of the filament before activating it? I’m just enjoying flying in space and doing stuff, I don’t want to do T4-T5 levels.

The filaments have a clear naming scheme, which reveals their tier.

Tier 1 = Calm
Tier 2 = Agitated
Tier 3 = Fierce
Tier 4 = Raging
Tier 5 = Chaotic

There is also a confirmation pop-up when you go to activate one which spells out exactly what the tier is, and what the environmental modifiers of the Abyssal Deadspace area you will be entering are.

And you can tell from the item, looking at the number of spines on the icon.

And here it is the small but very important detail that is kept being ignored - dying to a machine is no fun, not now, not ever.

3 Likes

Oh but you won’t just be dying to a machine -you’ll be dying to a random number generator and internet connection issues, too. :+1:

Yet on the other hand, if you lost your ship to a server issue, there’s always the possibility to buy back another one by running a few more agent missions. I still remember losing my first Navy Apoc on its very first mission; I got the triggers totally mixed and was warp disrupted against a full room spawn so the poor thing didn’t last very long. Fortunately, losing that ship was jsut a temporary setback; I still had my old Apocalypse to pay for another Navy Apoc.

I just doubt that running abysmal sites will allow a player to earn back his losses faster than he’ll be losing ships, specially at the top tiers.

Because, the last thing CCP wants is adding new PvE that is anywhere near the performance of carrier ratting, not even reach Incursion-grade rewards. Oh, no. NPC bounties are already too crazy with nullbears as to give lucrative toys to filthy highsec peasants.

2 Likes

I kinda don’t see the difference

It’s sarcasm. Being killed by random rolls and system faults is even worse than being killed by the AI.

2 Likes

As long as the reward scale’s with the difficulty then it’ll be worth running, otherwise it’ll be better to just keep running the lower ones at a much faster pace. Also you don’t get isk you get item’s so the price is purely determined by how easily accessible all items are to tier’s 1-3 which will be mass spammed, so it is entirely possible to get more isk per hour doing tier 5’s than carrier ratting one would definitely hope otherwise there is no reason at all to even do them.

1 Like

I just hope the loot tables are nowhere near finished on Sisi or these things are DOA. I wouldn’t think so, but they’ve already changed the loot tables relatively recently so I fear they may be. If they’re placeholder why bother changing them?

The loot tables seem pretty good. I just ran a F3 and got 3 Precursor weapon skillbooks, a Faction Supratidal disintegrator and 3 filaments.

1 Like

I must have terrible luck then, cuz I seem to get nothing but a handful of production mats most of the time.

Regardless, the skillbooks likely won’t be worth anything as they can drop in the low levels that will be overfarmed, filaments also drop in low levels, and the disintegrators are only fitted to 1 niche ship each so they’ll probably drop in value fast too. I don’t see anything about those drops being worth the investment.

Just ran a F4 Exotic filament (10min left on the clock, btw) and got:

• 374x Triglavian Survey Database
• 333x Zero-Point Condensate
• Chaotic Exotic Filament
• Compact Entropic Radiation Sink

Second F4 Exotic filament:

• 183x Zero-Point Condensate

On the last room I got a 8x Trig battleship spawn, they alpha-neuted me out and I died horribly (I did get 3 battleships, though). So I’m comfortable with F3 filaments; surviving anything beyond that is really in Bob’s hands…

1 Like

how much zero point do we get in tier 3’s btw? I cant remember

Using the 6% implants too, so that fit + implants is like half a supercarrier lol.

CCP has been leaving a trail of breadcrumbs for the past few months, so if you’ve managed to gleam a few of these little “gems” - you’ll be doing better than most when Into the Abyss is released.

Success in these Abyssal pockets starts even before ship selection: If you mismatch the filament type (let alone the tier) you will be hard-pressed to overcome this (regardless of ship fit or implants).

2 Likes

I just ran 5x filaments with 10 or so minutes left on the clock, then got one where the third pocket had the big ass Trig spawn that alpha’d my cap and ■■■■ on me. The possible swing in spawn difficulty is way, way too high. It does not feel good to breeze through 5 sites then get one that feels impossible.

1 Like

that’s THE ONE :wink:

4 Likes