Dev blog: Abyssal Deadspace - What Lies Beyond The Filament

@Chocolaty_Sprogmaster You just described the exact same spawn that killed me in a F4. :boom:
FML, when I see that spawn it’s like:

3 Likes

Now I will definitely scan for those beacons

:zzz: :zzz: :zzz: :zzz:

Yeah…i mean, it feels like they added these in as a “cost of doing business” expecting you to die when you get this spawn and basically expecting profits to outweigh the losses. With the price of ships able to run these I don’t think that’s going to happen, but even if it does, “You die” spawns are terrible design and it FEELS bad. Even if net profit is positive overall, dying in PVE with the feeling that there’s nothing you could have done better is just demoralizing and will chase people away.

On another note, I just did a T3 and got the 5x neuting Vedmak spawns, which is harder than most of the T4s I’ve done. Also, 2 of these Vedmaks burned a few KM out of bounds and stood there, so I couldn’t keep transversal up without going out of bounds. They were not taking damage from it.

2 Likes

There’s NPC cheating… and then there’s bending physics.

1 Like

You would think so, but look at the Neurotoxin Control and Neurotoxin Recovery skillbooks, they can be obtained with far less risk than in Abyssal Deadspace, and still sell for upwards of 100mil per unit.

It will be worth it. I know very well a twitch streamer or two that will be farming them. He mastered level 4 filaments (all but dark) with a single fit. He is going to find a Pilgrim and a Bhaalgorn waiting for him.

2 Likes

@Ildrara Is that in low-sec or null-sec?

@Arthur_Aihaken high sec

Better hope for a suspect flag!

Awesome, didn’t see that. Thank you.

According to the patch notes

Miscellaneous:
Ships can no longer re-fit in space whilst in warp, or in the pre warp state (once their warp drive has been activated).

I’m not sure what this means… what ship could refit while in space while in warp? I was under the impression that a ship could only refit in space if using a mobile depot (taking a minute to activate).

probably multiple caps in same warp tunnel refiting off each other

Maybe - I don’t know much about capital ships, but it it were capital ships I think CCP would specifically say capital ships will no longer be able to do this.

when some guy wrote rouge instead of rogue and posts the blog dont expect much yes you can refit off the nestor too

Think about creating an invite only intel channel for lvl4-5 suspects sharing, to create maximum pressure 24/7 on those running them in highsec. Who would be interested, send me a mail (also with suggestions, how to best organize, as we have to cover a lot of space)?

This could then be kicked off next week, when we know the fits and people started to run the higher ones.

Access condition could be something like a verified Abyssal runner kill and greenish killboard, to avoid too many spies. :wink:

1 Like

@Tipa_Riot that is a pretty good idea.

Is there any chance of introducing walking around in Triglavian Space using the walking in stations conditions?

Walking around in Triglavian Space would require a special space suit to explore the rocky domain of Triglavian Space.

Walking in Stations was a success but lacked any form or function not already in the game. How could Walking in Stations be applied to Walking on the Moon and Walking in Triglavian Space?

Advanced searches for relic and data sites and hacking such sites would be a good use of Walking Around.

Maybe even use the old DUST Scripts and convert the environment into explorable sites related to Triglavian Space and Moons.

Why You did not name the modules light, medium and heavy instead of Supratidal? It only makes more confusion. If You ever want to know why newly joined people leave so fast, naming such as that could be a reason.

1 Like

The people playing since the start will noticed that the npc damage type is random (before they changed the npc names :]) which means you can grab a t1 ■■■■ fit max tank it to 1 damage type and load tons of dps and roll 40 of those 10mil ship’s in tier 5 and you will eventually get the right spawns and get through, its a much better strategy than using expensive ass ship’s.

2 Likes