Dev blog: Balance Changes Coming In The March Release

I am not sure they need it because links can be plenty powerful enough, the thing is most blobbh entities are not good at pvp, so they drop IWIN dreads on you and call that content - I call it contempt but that’s for another day.

May I propose a module restriction, so that IWIN is not always an option:

Make the cyno mod only fit on force recons, black ops, bombers and the prospect would be that you can kill it or bring people to defend it.

That’s fine too. I’ve said that exact phrase in comms before that cynos should not be an iwin button.

Especially for t3c.

1 Like

Yes it will but the difference is, being able to warp at 3 AU means it isn’t such a painful exercise to use battleships in the first place.

I do quite a bit of small to medium gang stuff (usually less than 20 in fleet), I like it and I like flying big ships. It would be nice to not hold the whole fleet up by so much if only my battleships could warp that little bit faster.

The only T1 battleships with a real bonus are the Armageddon (neut/nos) and the Scorpion (ECM). Sadly neither of the Navy versions follow the trend and don’t have the same/useful bonuses.

Except that the rest of the fleet would be faster, so you’d still be holding them up.

Although 1 hyperspatial rig would almost make up the difference.

The other bonus to increasing warp speed is that hyperspatial rigs actually give a larger bonus.

At 2AU 1 t1 hyper rig increases speed to 2.4AU. At 3AU, it increases to 3.6AU. So it could easily roam with BCs at their new warp speed, and only be slightly slower than a cruiser gang.

Currently it would take 2 hyperspatials for a BS to match up with a BC/cruiser roam in a similar manner, which gimps BS fits quite a bit.

True but at least the main part fleet being able to warp at 3 AU isn’t as bad as it is now.

IF? All ships were to get a warp speed increase to allow BS to reach 3 AU, then the minimum speed the main body of the fleet moves becomes slightly faster.
Scouts, dictors, other tackle aren’t trying to hold tackle for as long while the slowest of the group catches up.

We might even manage to kill those smart bombing ratting Machs before the support fleet of carriers and Rorqs lands and we just die or have to run away. NB; Probably not a good argument from the ratters point of view :roll_eyes:

This wouldnt change if AU is increased proportionally, or even by a flat universal +1AU.

You will still take longer to align, and you will still travel slower than the rest of the non-BS fleet.

Your proposed reason for wanting this change, is not served by the result of the change you propose.

Tackle would arrive faster on the target thus reducing available target reaction time in direct correlation to the increase in AU speed of the tackler.

You are obstinately focusing only on the BS aspect, not on the impact of such a change on everything else.

Machs are not a good example for comparison of BS AU.
Its like comparing Cynabals to the rest of Cruisers.
They are exceptions to the rule.

Nope, not going to get baited by you again.
You just aren’t worth the time it would take to explain how fleets of different sized ships work together.
You just keep shooting those red boxes and pretending you know something about how the game is played by others.

4 Likes

CCPlease if you are changing the orthrus, please also adjust the garmur accordingly. Currently, the only counterplay to there two ridiculous kiters is ecm.

Long range weapons counter them, esp orthrus cause their sig is so fat. I fend off orthrus with solo arty cane.

Gamur is easier now with beam retribution. Also crusaders are a garmurs counter. Theyre faster, do decent damage and can shrug off light missiles.

Or you go spikes all the way.

Blockquote
They (the hunter DDA/BCS combos) will be popular with ALL rattlesnake pilots. :wink: And gilas… and a few others.

They have been heavily nerfed on sisi, they are now of questionable value, I am sure they will have a use on some ships and some situations, just not the ones we expected.

Komodos.

Oh right I forgot, everyone on TQ has those Guristas pirate capitals now, since you can buy them for 2 isk in all NPC stations in highsec.

Never said they’d be common.

You never know what CCP gonna do next thing.

1 Like

So I was taking a look at the Rokh and I saw something very disturbing:

The signature resolution of a Rokh with targeting skills at level 5 is 93mm. Is that a joke?

If it is a joke, it is not funny.

Let’s look at a different ship, a moros maybe?

The signature resolution of a moros is 93mm with targeting skills at level 5.

Yeah, it’s one of the lowest, if not the lowest scan res for any battleship. I think the Navy Scorp has 75mm base as well if I’m not mistaken.

navy scorp and rokh have the same 93mm, but its still pitiful. Nag has more scan res, and niddy has the same scan res.