Dev blog: Balance Update With EVE Online: Lifeblood

They were better than everything else in their class. Now they will be closer to the rest of the ship of their class. That’s pretty much balancing. Sorry they are nerfing your pwnmobile I guess…

1 Like

This is such a lie. It is a GOON lie, which is even worse.

These ships are NOT OP. The fact is, a better class of warrior chooses to fly them. Gallente drone pilots are made of the right stuff, which is why they went that way from the beginning.

The fact that drones don’t take cap, powergrid, can’t be jammed have basically optimal from 0-55km with no falloff, allow all top slots and cap for neuting slobs… none of that is relevant to the warrior spirit.

I’m unsubbing. This agression will not stand! It is unconscionable.
:angry:

4 Likes

Of course, the fact that drones are the only weapon system that can be wiped out by direct fire or smart bombs, we will just forget that little fact.

Like I truly care anymore…sub is done in a matter of hours I think. Just had it with the dev’s walking hand in hand with the RMT cartels.

1 Like

+1 Launcher Slot, -1 Launcher Slot… is there a chance you guys will make all weapon slots multi-putpose, so they will work for both, turrets and launchers? players will be able to just fit what they want: blaster ravens, cruise abaddons etc.
abaddon actually has 1 multi-purpose slot, it could make use of cap-independent weapons, but 1 slot is not enough to make it armor tanked raven.
armageddon has 5 of them. and it’s still not enough for armor raven, but we can get somethikg like armor rattlesnake…

1 Like

Pretty sure your “armor Raven” is covered by the Typhoon…

1 Like

Drones can in fact be jammed, disrupted, webbed, painted, and damped. They also do in fact have optimal, falloff, and tracking. Neuts however are actually useless vs drones.

2 Likes

i just found out that pretty much 80% of t1 frigs are now armor based … i was expecting giving rifter a mid slot instead of lows .
also kestral is still very op it can be used as armor tank too and most ppl are using that way .

for amar ship i think its important to give them a extra mid slot … infect all amar ship should have an extra mid slot to use cap battery or cap booster instead of cap size or re gen… i think most of amar ships doesnt have tracking bonus so its important to use an web with long or short point … if u can plz look into it for further balance on ships

Random change is the basis for evolution, and it has proven to be a very successful concept.

i like the rifter change, deserved legenday ship.

It has also produced far more very unsuccessful results than successful ones. To apply this philosophy properly to EVE, you have to be looking at the entire ecosystem—gaming. If you’re just doing scattershot random changes, yes, you’ll get some amazing games… in 4.2 billion years. You’ll also have a staggering number of games nobody wanted to play.

And, on to addressing ‘for the sake of change’… evolution doesn’t happen ‘for the sake of change’, it happens as a matter of course and environmental pressures. Hollow bones might be a great adaptation for say, something that flies, but it’s not such a winner for a beastie that needs to power through dense sediment.

4 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.