Dev blog: Clone States - The Next Steps

No, u.

1 Like

Yes, and if you want your alpha to go beyond 5mil SP you have to pay for it in ISK, PLEX, or Game time.

I have 8mil on this pilot, and I will be happily giving CCP some $ to get up to the future 20mil cap.

Wait, so Alphas can USE 20mil worth of SPs. But can’t train up to them? I see all BS skills at Level 4 listed. What if you already have those skills trained past the level caps listed for Alphas then?

Players who had already trained Hulk or Skiff on mining alt will unsub just to mine in a Retriever or Procurer again? With single window? Seriously?
Alpha account single window limitation is still there. To mine effectively you still need couple characters and Omega for all of them. Mining on single T1 barge will be always less profitable than grinding NPC’s on battlecruiser or battleship. Why no one whines about “hundreds of accounts would unsub their npc farming BS\BC alts” but only about miners?

1 Like

Yes I would, I’d gladly take a hit on my alt’s mining income to save the price of a sub, I don’t mine to plex or anything, just for minerals for my industry…he’s also skilled for a Domi, I’ll be trying him out in that as well with my dual Domi setup.

That’ll have to wait until the sub runs out though, but if I end up with a reasonable alt, I’ll be dropping a sub.

So yeah uh… do all races get more drone skills?

All races get the same skills.

1 Like

Is that a yes?

You can see all skills here:

Why not give away even more for people that are too cheap to pay to play?
This way you can have even more throw-away/disposable alts being created to harass people in game without having to care about their actions causing them to be banned.
You really need to have more faith in your product’s value instead of acting so desperate to get people to play.

2 Likes

or you could buy a character on https://forums.eveonline.com/c/marketplace/character-bazaar

yes because people that don’t support the game should definitely be able to complain
Beggars Can’t be Choosers ring a bell?

Because eve is a game where you need people to play it.
From industry to other stuff you need people to manufacture and do other stuff.

Without people you can’t play eve.

1 Like

If you have BS5 when you lapse you only get the benefits of the first 4 levels not the 5th

2 Likes

A maxed out Alpha after the December update will have a little over 20mil of SP in the skills CCP allows them to have… Anything more will be ignored just like they are now on Alphas.

1 Like

It seems to me the changes provide more incentive to hit Unsubscribe button rather than Subscribe…

1 Like

You’re right.

The more skills Alphas get the less reason there is for players to pay for a 2nd or 3rd sub. Ok the alt will lose some skills and won’t be as efficient, but that’s looking like it could be a good trade off to save £10 or £20 a month.

Well in my case 90% of the stuff i fly regularly won’t work with even the revised alpha skillset, sure if T1 ships are your bread and butter then you can get away with it, but for a lot of people there is still a need to subscribe

2 Likes

What shield module besides a XLSB II can new alpha clones not fit? after all, the cheapest faction xlsb is only 10 million isk.

So I know that at least one other person noticed this but I feel it needs to be repeated, Spaceship Command 4 is a requirement to sit in a battleship. Yet its being locked out at spaceship command 3. Is it a typo or is there a method to the madness?

1 Like