Dev blog: Introducing Resource Wars

Unfortunately no, got more to do since my Birthday is at 6 Oct and I am going to start studying too. Also no info was provided to me when I asked beforehand if I could get the ticket just for the sake of getting a Marshal (Yes I am that willing to throw my wallet at the screen for it), not to mention most of the info provided includes Both Fanfest and Vegas, and as we know Fanfest is long gone.

So my guess is I have to wait till someone puts it on sale on the market ;-; Or if Project Discovery gets some love >.>

2 Likes

Scenario 1 explicitly states the NPC miners can’t complete the objective on their own. What you’ve just said it ‘look, I know it’s impossible, but if we shoot the birds, Little Timmy can flap his arms and fly!’

If the NPCs aren’t enough to fill the haulers before the timer expires, it doesn’t matter if you keep them alive, they aren’t enough to fill the hauler before the timer expires. 1+1 won’t equal 12 no matter how long it takes you to add.

How much faster? Will it be fast enough to offset the max possible bounties from the rats? Because you know that’s what people will base their estimations on.

I wish I could hit the like button more than once on this!

1 Like

I imagine we’ll be seeing dual purpose ships as in Battle Ventures and Warskiffs.:grinning:

1 Like

The kind of experienced player that helps newbies doesn’t care about isk/hr during the task.

From the outside it sounds like their main issue will be how experienced players can play supporting roles, without dominating proceedings. ie if i’m helping someone mine and fight off pve hostiles in a procurer, and they are in a venture, then I’ll just wind up basically doing the content for them.

1 Like

I expect so as well. I know my own thoughts on these are ‘ok, so Venture + Warriors, and then Skiffs in the bigger sites’

I don’t think these will be high pay. Otherwise you will get players shoving as many alts as they can into them/blocking other players. As mentioned they are likely meant to be meet-and-greets. They probably don’t even get bounties, just payouts at the end for everyone there (so fill those haulers asap!)

One question though, if i can use creative ways to invade a site, can i use the same method to stuff a site full of players so they get more pay-out?

… also isn’t the only kind of experienced player that gets into these sites. You don’t design mechanics for the best-case scenario, you design it for the worst-case. “Hope for the best, plan for the worst”.

1 Like

Now there’s an interesting question, isn’t it?

Best of luck on this CCP, but it’s not going to work out the way it’s intended and it’s going to somehow be gamed to death (like any system), timers or no.

Well, going on past events, any flaw will be exploited by the community in under 24 hours.

3 Likes

Welcome to a fundamental truth of humanity, my friend. There’s more user-brains beating on a thing than designer-brains, and the user-brains will always find things the designer-brains didn’t.

1 Like

Didn’t see if this was asked yet, but will there be ship limits on both ends?
For example Tier 1 is corvette and Frigs only… and Tier 5 allows Battleships, but can you take a corvette into a T5, or will it be limited to say at least Cruisers?

1 Like

In my opinion the career agents are fine, but the NPE just stops there. No additional suggestions what to do after them, and the epic arcs and cosmos missions aren’t even mentioned. That’s the bigger problem.

3 Likes

If you alone can invade a site then a fleet of you can do it too most likely.
I’m actually curious if someone can find some exploit to make more LP than incursions do, that could break things badly.

1 Like

I appreciate new content, in any form, regardless of whether it benefits me directly or not. Don’t understand why so many people speak up in the negative at every posting by CCP. If you don’t want to mine in Hisec, don’t whine about stuff for hisec miners.
If you’re flying caps in nullsec, don’t whine about the quality of destroyer rewards for newbs in hisec.
Just because it’s not something you want, doesn’t mean there aren’t players out there WILL appreciate it. Drop the salt, ,move on.

2 Likes

is somewhat appropriate here.

11 Likes

This is why I’m generally against developers of sandbox type games trying to shovel content. I know it has to happen sometimes, but sandbox game devs should focus on new tools to interact with the environment rather than new environments for use with the same old tools.

Can we keep some details secret so there are some surprises.

1 Like

Is this in nullsec also?