Dev blog: Introducing Resource Wars

Oh boy, CODE is here! I wonder how they will handle ganking in high-sec when there are ships waiting to destroy them!

Oh wait, from what I keep hearing they aren’t even brave enough to gank when theres combat ships in original asteroid belts.

Guess time will tell to see if they will even bother.

1 Like

More experienced miners and PvE players have CODE marked, so they will see if they are in system or inside the pocket. Unless CODE starts to use covert alpha agents hidden in starter corps, which would mean a lot of extra effort for basically no payoff.

2 Likes

Curious on if the Mining Connections will play a part in this, as well as Mining Agents found throughout Empire space. This event could give those two aspects some much needed love.

1 Like

Will there be a necessity to “climb the ranks” by entering the Resource Wars with e.g. a Venture before I can start entering sites with my Orca + Hulks?

Can I meaningfully contribute by offering my fleet boosting services to other miners?

2 Likes

To all wondering why mining… Let’s see… What happens in winter… Oh wait… Moon mining becomes active mining.

So CCP is trying to help nul and low with this as well. By getting new players into combat and mining with these, they start getting new players ready to help with moon mining.

Now if I were part of the recruitment branch of any larger alliance, I would be forming teams and a plan on how to use these sites to recruit new players prior to moon mining changes and even after. Send in some nice bets who can help and build up a repor with the new players, may be stage some ships near newbie starting systems to hand out to help get started. It would be A very good way to bring new players in.

8 Likes

Yes you will need to climb the ranks first, everyone will start on an even playing field standings wise for these sites.

3 Likes

Will site completion affect faction standings or just the associated corporation standings?

Edit: Will faction standings affect site availability?

1 Like

No just corp standings to the new RW corps :slight_smile:

3 Likes

well done ccp
well done on this one!

2 Likes

Do I burn my standing with some of those corp if I run for another?

Not currently but that may change, we will see

2 Likes

What a wonderful gift to The New Order! More targets!

But if I have high Caldari state standings already, will that impact the new corp standings or are they considered separate from the state?

They are separate, it’s a new organisation within the Empires but they do not take your Empire standings into account.

2 Likes

Will improving standings with the new corp have an impact on State standings ever?

For example, Gal and Minmitar hate me. Could I improve this by running their resource missions?

Not for the Lifeblood expansion but I can’t really speak for ‘ever’. We currently have no plans in the works for this but it’s an interesting idea for sure! :slight_smile:

2 Likes

It’s part of the Factional Warfare, as stated above, so yeah Neg Standings for other factions.

What factional warfare? Where did you get that info?

It’s not related to FW, all separate new corps, new standings, not related to faction except lore.

1 Like

It’s not part of Factional Warfare

2 Likes