Dev blog: Introducing Resource Wars

As a Quebecer, I expect every single city in the world I will ever set foot in to serve pancakes and/or waffles with REAL maple syrup. They can buy it from the maple syrup mafia in Quebec if they can’t grow maple trees but they NEED to offer it!!!

Also, you better offer poutines.

1 Like

But are you a Quebecer… or Quebecois?

As a New Englander… Why would I waste my time on your cheap maple syrup when I can get good Vermont maple syrup?

As for the resource war… Picture it this way…

You start EVR. You run the tutorials and maybe even the Sister’s Arc. Most interactions you’ve had have been with NPCs, or the strange vets running the sister’s arc who either help or try to kill you by tricking you. You are looking at what to do next…

The forum seems… Toxic to say the least. FW seem a confusing, null and wormholes more so. What can you do?

Well, now you will have the resource war to try. Maybe you can meet a nice vet to help guide you or make friends and start your own corp. Plus, you can get a new skin and a possible ship fit for your effort.

So it’s like going into the pool slowly instead of diving straight into the deep end. Nothing more, nothing less. No great path to riches, no super safe haven, just a little bit more of an ease into the insanity of EVE instead of just bring thrown to the wolves and sharks.

6 Likes

Same difference but one is arguably easier to say in English. At least according to the people I had interaction with.

I only asked for my syrup to be real. You can use the maple trees from Vermont, it’s still actual maple syrup. I don’t want that Aunt Jemima or similar stuff.

2 Likes

@Frostys_Virpio and @Lady_Ayeipsia … It’s Karo Light, or nothing at all for this Southerner. You can keep your tree blood to yourself.

Quebecer: People who live in Quebec. Usually decent folks.
Quebecois: the French so obnoxious, the French disowned them. Among their notable achievements - a campaign for Quebec to secede from Canada, but with the attached demand that Quebec would still receive the full benefits and services of a Canadian Province.

1 Like

McDonald’s is selling the exact same garbage everywhere and they are surprisingly successful.

2 Likes

So is syphilis. Is that really the model we want here?

1 Like

I honestly think he means more of a cultural point of view, not a fast food company that got successful all over the world

Fast food of EvE: Tritanium

1 Like

Hey, food is an important part of the culture!

1 Like

Nah, that would be Quafe, and Quafe Zero.

1 Like

Yeah I did not say otherwise, but Fast food is… Well… Fast food… Their intention is to fatten up people and get them hooked to that stuff with minimal effort.

@Marcus_Rintel Good point!

1 Like

We didn’t get disowned, we got conquered.

We also tried to revolt against the Brits and lost every single battles.

Many years later, we pulled off a “quiet revolution”.

We’re “special”.

2 Likes

True, but this doesn’t change the result: everything and everyone will end up being the same everywhere, and a lot of people don’t seem to mind it. Globalization FTW!

To be honest, I actually find this quite scary.

I realize that CODE always wins, but is there any chance that PVP opportunities might be considered other than the ELITE PVP of suicide catalysts, stealth bombers and 'Nados? High Sec needs thievery and scoundrels to add more excitement (and content) for all those vast numbers of High Sec players. People chat in local more in J space than they do in Akianavas and Ummoka these days.

I hope I’m wrong, but this is looking a lot like Mining Incursions where the only possibility of PVP is through the ELITE PVP of suicide ganking. When Incursions were launched, the evildoers among us figured out all sorts of nefarious means of non-consensual PVP. CCP would then nerf those re-actively (including the now famous nerf to Logi boats which we used to spread aggro all throughout a fleet). I certainly hope the Devs will allow players to solve their own problems this time rather than favoring one community at the expense of another.

2 Likes

You do see the main purpose of this content,right? Contrary to some people views, not everything in EVE has to center on blowing fellow players up.

5 Likes

While I certainly agree with your premise, I’m not suggesting that explosions should happen at every turn of the game. I’m simply pointing out that when one undocks, and certainly when one undocks with a group of other players, in order to compete for resources, there should be the very real possibility of PVP.

It is a hallmark of the game.

I’m simply hoping that there is a method for this occurring other than CODE or Mini Luv throwing an endless stream of Catalysts at these players.

3 Likes

Depending on the size of the sites, can-flipping could be an option.

Take my LIKE Good Sir. A fantastic idea, but should probably be more broadly implemented and touching on all areas of Industry.

1 Like