Dev blog: Introducing Resource Wars

You’re making a lot of authoritative statements about something they haven’t actually released any specifics about… and making them at people who already know the things you don’t know yet. Good jorb, Hamscray. And, not for nothing, but as with:

“The dev” just said that, too. Sounds like maybe you need to actually learn your trade, Shailagh.

2 Likes

C’mon, why holding back the most important info, how participation will work?

1 Like

doesn’t matter, he said there’s ways to sneak in. :slight_smile:

Thank you. Thank you…

1 Like

He said “as you currently can now”

That involves ridiculous bookmarks and doesnt really work.

He is ignorant on current live ninja salvaging/mission baiting mechanics.

I know you may be surprised but the pve dungeon dev may not know all game mechanics

Why?

My CSM REPRESENTATIVE JUST LIED TO ME.

He told me i could sit in the pocket and gank.

But the idiot forgot about faction police.

All these ignorant idiots that dont know basic mechanics.

2 Likes

Please, relax. Faction police are a concern if you let them be a concern. Do the ameliorating work to avoid faction police, and you can do the thing. The CSM isn’t responsible for your poor choices.

6 Likes

He told me to sit in pocket and wait.

He is ignorant of basic mechanics.

That is typical of our csm

1 Like

No they aren’t. It’s well possible (and has been done loads before) to give away multiple things without packaging them in a crate. This is a way to introduce the IDEA of loot crates in an un-assuming way that will not rile people up too early. Later we will get RNG loot crates, that’s just how CCP does business these days.

2 Likes

These sites are aimed at content that is accessible to anyone. They will be readily available in high sec systems only and the gates will restrict entry based on standings and max participation. Does that mean you won’t come up with ganking opportunities? I very much doubt that. It does mean though that new players coming out of Inception will have places to go either alone, with other new players or with older players to learn and progress so they feel ready to take on the rest of EVE. This is a more engaging, exciting way to learn aspects of the game than through career agents and it helps to more easily form fleets for activities with newer players.

14 Likes

Yeah, you’re just being a b itch at this point. Come back when you can engage in actual conversation.

11 Likes

But the question is. How will this effect the player market. Are all the hisec belts across the game going to be “depleted”?

1 Like

You mean how will this ore that you can’t refine, that can’t be used for anything except filling up these haulers so you can get LP, affect the mineral market?

I dunno, how does Project Discovery affect the mineral market?

6 Likes

Am I happy that this is limited to HS right off the bat. Yes. But those Pirate structures are currently only in Goon Space in Null.

Give CCP time to fix it. My hair might be white and my nuggets might be old and dried up by that time. This is typical CCP for you.

SISI = Alpha Release
TQ = Beta Release

Things will get better!

:smirk:

1 Like

Point taken. Thank you :smiley:

So warp with combat hull, deploy mining drones - kill incoming rats? Sites have to be clear mined?

I don’t know what to think about whole this concept…

2 Likes

Which ones? The FOBs aren’t in at all yet (and aren’t guaranteed to be a scaled-down EC), and the BR EC spawns in all of null blood raider space. We don’t own all of the space where blood raiders spawn. We own one region. I’m sure the inhabitants of, say, Period Basis, for example? would be pretty amused to hear they live in ‘Goon Space’ (and if you’re going to capitalize ‘Space’ there, at the ALT-153, just to go full on Goon Space™. I mean, at least have some style, you know? :wink: )

It’s not just ganking. If a corp can monopolize control of a site, they have a 100% safe place to operate with impunity during a wardec.

Content gated behind gates only accessible by standings and that can be monopolized pretty much creates a perfectly safe space. I guess players are vulnerable en route to the gate, but just to be clear this comes very close if not crosses the line where there is no safe space in New Eden.

Perhaps you guys want to do that now, but I just want to make that point so we are clear on what you are doing.

1 Like

The goal isn’t to mine the sites out, it’s to fill the haulers to their max capacity :slight_smile:

4 Likes

I’m actually planning on ‘warp in [T1: Venture, above that, Skiff], drop combat drones set to aggressive’ under the same ‘control the adds and achieve the objective’ outlook that pretty much any resource-collection / boss fight uses.

1 Like