Dev blog: Login, Database & Chat Issues - The War Continues!

@CCP_Falcon Please keep more dev blogs like this coming. I honestly enjoy reading these more than any other type of dev blog. guess it’s because i work in IT myself LOL.

It must be daunting managing a server or cluster of servers with 6,000 players firing missiles and deploying drones in one system filled with bubbles and timers.

2 Likes

Almost every day an issue with the launcher , the code ( the broken one ), the bugs, the glitches…etc etc.
Do’nt bother dev team, just keep up the “free expanasions” , the “glamorous skins” , the “precious Alpha clones” and the few thousands of SPs as “Apologies for the interruption to your spaceships!”…
Tomorrow or after tomorrow we will meet here …again …for the same or similar issue.

Till then 'fly safe" …or not :slight_smile:

almost everyday? that must be your pc then.
cause for me is it just maybe all 2~3 weeks that ccp gets issues.

1 Like

Why not use AMD’s EPYC server cpus?

Thank you for the update! The skill points were unexpected but not undesirable.

Can we please have more updates, more often? Putting them all together into one, less often notification makes New Eden life more difficult.

I think you took my reply out of context, I wasn’t complaining about CCP. I know it’s hard to keep everything running smoothly. I was just stating that instead of just toons in March, give 250k SP to all toons on all active accounts right now as a gesture of thanks for putting up with it. :slight_smile:

AMD maybe have gotten better but Intel still has better single thread performance, and since thats what matters for eve servers it would be stupid to go with AMD.

So its not stupid its just not currently efficient to do so. but if they do a re-code to utilize more modern hardware it would be practical. and it would also allow people with more modern computer to have a more enjoyable experience.

i guess the only thing stopping them from doing a re-code is all the bush back they will get from the older player base that are still using potatos to play the game. its like when runescape did the re code to C++ it benefited every one but a select few did and still dont want to let go of java even tho its a way infer er codeing platform.

Rewriting the game client and the sever are two different things. I don’t know why you think a server recode would somehow change the ability of people to play on potatoes, or make it any better on nicer computers.
Also not everything can be efficiently multi threaded, especially when things have to happen in order, like how things have to happen in order in a game server. It’s not entirely unlikely that the cpu time it would take to share info between threads and keep them synced would actually outweigh the performance boost from multi-threading.

I rent enjoyment.
I keep trying to buy EvE, but I’m not EA Games. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

–Gadget is a dirty renter

Yay!! CCP thank you for the 250k Skillpoints! That made my day!

1 Like

CCP, I don’t think it gets said enough. So I’ll say it.

Not your fault that you’re getting DDoSed. While it’s not all that, those issues are certainly the ones your customers notice the most.

Amusingly, it’s probably some butthurt botter that got banned and can’t let it go. Eve harvests tears from RL too!

For the 3’rd time today, I’ve been removed from server due to it being “unable to validate my account” upon trying to relog - even though i was already in the game.

CCP fix this asap the past few hours have been painful DC’s and lag.

How about CCP not relying on outside services for core functions of the game . you had 60 thousand people on ever day back sin 2010 we dident have these login issues then. what happened to all those players after you jacked operating costs by a factor of 10…why are you not kicking in the door by now at 100 thousand online and 100k star systems?

1 Like

I have several chars that didn’t get the SP, all of them (account and char) active during the timeframe. Is the script still running? @CCP_DeNormalized

In memory DB SAP HANA. Column based technology. check it out. Will change your life. And of the 30.000 players. Bit expensive maybe.

@CCP_Falcon Can I highlight some other issues I have come across over the last year that have not been mentioned.

UI LAG - I have found there to be lots of UI lag. When bringing up market items for example. Removing skills from the skill queue is also a big one.

Login black screen - When logging in when in space I see a black screen for quite a while however im showing in local.

When jumping into systems the grid takes longer to load however you appear in local before you can act. Very unfair on hunters.

Was having login troubles again today after being unable to log in multiple times over the past few weeks so I head to the reddit to see what the word was. Find out that people are getting free SP, great! Subsequently find out that, as a new player, my login difficulties are not valid and I will not be receiving any SP. Bummer.

Yeah just load the multiple TB database into ram, such a simple solution. Also having faster read write speeds to the DB isn’t going to magically solve connection problems.
:roll_eyes: