Dev blog: Login, Database & Chat Issues - The War Continues!

Thank you for the update :slight_smile:

Keep up the good work. While so many people are so sour about it, I know you guys are doing your best to give us the best and I appreciate it.

Thank you for the skillpoints. It is much appreciated.

o7

1 Like

omg did you guys still not fixxed it`? … i still get disconnects
and wheres the update post from falcon? is it gone o_o?

Upgrading to SQL 2017 resolved issues? OK, so who’s been playing around with poorly designed columnstore indexes?!?

1 Like

i don’t get any skill point

you can have better single thread performance all you want, but when you lose 20%~ (in a worst case scenario) for IOPS related performance* (OH OHHHHH) which is what EVE is based upon (spread sheets in space… SQL database…), you then fall under AMD’s offerings, even older ones for performance, even for single core…

That being said, I would HOPE, that they have NOT applied the MELTDOWN and SPECTRE BIOS/OS patch’s onto these server’s, otherwise that’s up to 20% loss per blade…

PERSONALLY, I stopped renting my Dedi once they forced the INTEL ONLY meltdown patch onto the box’s, the performance drop slaughtered my 29~ day DB based processing simulation for work and turned it into 33~ days… thankfully, it was only for a double redundant check on internal process’s, but still… its an impact that matters if things are time sensitive, and lo and behold, eve most definitely is

1 Like

Good and informative, thanks for the info!

That’s not a full rewrite.

I didn’t get any bonus sp on three def active chars. (all omegas)

For those interested in not screaming at CCP… This issue is not isolated to Eve. Major outages globally are having effects like the one we are seeing. Have a look at downdetector.com – This really is NOT completely CCPs fault. Note the light yellow coloring in the Netherlands, Germany, Poland, etc.

4 Likes

cannot log in for a long while …

having serious issues , Launch process, refreshing not working

this sucks dang it

How am I ignoring that? While it isn’t part of my argument that only helps my point as making them cheaper/easier to kill would not change the fact that people call it home and will want to defend it.

Exactly, it wasn’t part of your argument and I was helping you out by pointing out what you’re ignoring.

Oh ok, gotcha.

Just a FYI: All skill point gifts are now handed out, it took today’s DT for my direct DB Hack to take effect - So if you didn’t see anything yesterday it should be there now.

And if you don’t see anything now, it’s mostly likely that you had no character log in during the time period in question.

1 Like

Wow! Thanks CCP. o7

all looks positive. But i have to ask are there any plans to upgrade the client in totally to multi-threading so it can handle large scale engagements much better. I think doing a complete recode would take time and even cut into the content release plans but at this point the communitiy would be willing to accept a year to 18 months of no releases in order to upgrade the client to modern specifications

Very few “modern” games are completely multi-threaded, it is not a silver bullet that just solves all problems, nor can every program be multi-threaded efficiently.

Also in large engagements the problems are nearly always with the server not the client. So if they were rewriting something it would be a better use of their time to re write the server code not the client.

@CCP_DeNormalized So, it is not “if one character logged in on an account the characters on that account will get the skillpoints”, but “each character that logged in on an account prior to said date will get the skillpoints”?

Reason I ask, is that I’ve received skillpoints on characters I have not logged in with (placeholders) while receiving sp on a character on the same account that I did log in with. While on another account one character that I logged in with did receive the sp, but another did not.

Still a bit confused, must be the heat. I had a dream of hamsters chasing me last night :frowning:

Thanks! I have eleven accounts now, 3 which I resubbed on 3/26 after a yearlong break for personal reasons, and four more which I subbed in the first week of April, and 3 which are less than a month old. However, seven accounts that were just on the borderline, and no credit.

Been through all the pain and suffering of the “can’t log in”, “server down due to DDOS”, and whatever other excuse, and ya’ll simply time it for the week before I resubbed. Wonderful planning to ya’ll.

1 Like