Dev blog: New Recruitment Program Kicks Off On July 11!

Get in your head : YOU ARE NOT MODERATOR
YOU ARE CSM !!!

Wait, what? I’m CSM? How the ■■■■ did that happen?

I was kidding!

3 Likes

I guess we’ll have to wait until tomorrow for the full details. Hopefully the final
version of these SKINs will be absent the “RECRUITER” along the side.

I am not random person, I am ccp customer who is paying for ccp service and you have to act accordingly !!!

Yes, you are a paying customer and yes, your issues should be addressed.

BUT

Picking fights on a forum about issues that this thread does NOT pertain to is not constructive in any way. And if anything it just costs the devs more time in reading your posts that could be spent elsewhere.

If you want your issues to be addressed and fixed, let ccp know in a civil manner, and in the places that those issues should be discussed. Whining about stuff here will not help.

And no, brisc rubal is not a forum moderator, but he’s volunteering his time for free to help improve this game.

Brisc and Steve are both paying customers too!

If you have issues with the proposed changes to the recruitment program, great, discuss that here.
If not, do it elsewhere.

3 Likes

Heheheheheh.

You appear to think that I need to care about that.

I don’t work for CCP. I don’t need to care a jot about you, or what you think.

As long as I abide by the rules set out for csm members (basically, don’t be an ass, or take advantage), it’s all good.

For re-election I’d need to care what the people who vote for me think. And I do. As such, I stick to my regular patterns of behaviour, so they know how I act.

5 Likes

Fixed that for you.

For some of us, at least, that select is fairly big.

Yours truly, for example :wink:

3 Likes

I had a bunch of outstanding 30-day omega buddy invite rewards. Can you confirm I’ll still be able to claim these (as gametime, not as whatever the first-recruit reward will be in the new system) and that I didn’t just lose like a year of gametime by not claiming them last week?

1 Like

As someone who has invited 1000 players to the game and converted 118 of them to Omega this definitely seems like a nerf to me.

For those of us promoting the game that pop that 40 spot quickly will we get credit for the updated ranks when it comes in?

1 Like

If I understand correctly:

1. Plex/gametime rewards are still going to be awarded for each recruit, with no limit on the number of recruits.
  2. Skins/accelerators/etc are going to be additional rewards, awarded up to 40 recruits.
  3. Unreedemed rewards, and referrals who have yet to have upgrade, are supposed to be carried forward.
  4. No bonus rewards for upgrade successes that have already been redeemed.

If plex rewards stick I personally am happy.

I dont think content creation and recruitment programs are mutually exclusive. Them making one doesnt keep the other from happening at the same time.

Falcon, thank you for responding.

Regarding your statement that “our case of having billiions on the line because of the switch to a new program is very rare, and we can’t design an entire program around edge cases” I don’t know what to say. I would like to imagine that, in your ideal world, this program is designed so my case is less and less an edge case and more and more a common case.

I am going to assume (perhaps wrongly, we’ll see) that based on what you’ve shared here that the new system will be at least somewhat worse for the most prolific recruiters than before. The thing that is hard to understand still is that there is no reason given for the change with this result. I’m trying to imagine what it could be?

• We don’t want people referring hundreds or thousands of people to try EVE Online
  • We think the people referring hundreds or thousands of people to EVE are scammers
  • There are legitimate scammers we are going to take down and content creators are collateral damage
  • The old system is hurting our bottom line because insert reason here
  • People who only refer friends do not enjoy getting mountains of PLEX for doing so
  • Now that Alpha is a thing, people subscribe less so the rewards are not as good as before

Based on what is in this post, it feels like the last bullet is closest to what has been revealed. If that is the case, I’d like to know if our opened-but-not-upgraded invites will be carried over. For instance, the current system has no reward for non-Omega invitees playing EVE, but there are hundreds, if not many more invitees I have in queue in potentially an Alpha state. Will the non-Omega upgrade rewards carry over here?

What about the PLEX-subscription rewards? In the past those were only redeemable as either account time credit or Catalyst SKINs (when that was still a thing), will those still be handled differently?

4 Likes

I don’t think the new system will be worse for people like yourself. @CCP_Falcon said explicitly that they’re not looking to nerf the rewards.

The current reward is based around straight up ISK basically, therefore the new rewards are going to be worth equivalent or more.

CCP has not implemented any single change in the past 6 months (including the last round of layoffs) that has not been designed to enhance their bottom line at the expense of the game. Based on this track record, recruiters should expect to be disappointed. Need examples?

The obliteration of the community team involved in interaction with players.
The disappearance of the o7 show (possibly due to the above).
Long-time exec producer gone with no named replacement.
Offloading of the AT to external groups.
The “new” chat system that was cast off to Amazon.
Continual login, disconnect, database and stability issues (no end in sight).
Zero response to feedback provided on SiSi.
Almost zero response to ongoing issues with each patch.
Failure after failure with each new “release” (Into The Abyss went there literally).

These changes are starting to smack of desperation. Like a company that maybe gambled heavily on VR to procure a sale that never materialized and is now laying odds on the mobile/RTS and first-person/battle royale to save it before it runs out of operating capital. Once upon a time CCP disclosed financials, but since it bought up any outstanding public debt that forced it to do this they’ve been operating in the dark.

Why you’d risk any potential negative change to those recruiting is beyond me.

Zarvox I am getting a strong vibe you are going for satire, but in the case you’re not:

We understand for streamers this is not necessarily a positive change, since you receiving 500 PLEX from people upgrading through your link might be preferred

This sentence to me spells out that whatever this change is, the final product will be worth either less than 500 PLEX or it could be worth more but way less liquid/difficult to get value out of.

1 Like

Their financial data still are public, just they only publish them in Icelandic at the Icelandic authority. Nana Skaslki got a copy of 2017’s financials gently mailed to her but I still haven’t gathered myself to ingamemail her to get myself a copy of that copy…

As for what’s been going once since Rubicon, CCP invested their limited resources on satisfied customers rather than on the moneygiving customers, and here we are. Nullsec is very satisfied whereas higshec is emptier and also are CCP’s coffers. All the way down to circa 2009 revenue… in 2017. With F2P and MT boosters in place.

Make sure you stock up on a lot of yellow and magenta toner before you print them out.

And that right there.
That exact phrase coming directly from you says alot about the current state of affairs doesn’t it.
Not trying to derail this one cause I don’t use recruiting at all but it helps prove my point. I’d just quote and paste these in the other thread but this forum is way less intuitive than the last one.