Dev blog: New Recruitment Program Kicks Off On July 11!

Never even lived in nullsec for more than two months in a row, currently live in high, with some excursions into low.

Congratz, I just wrote my heart out to you and you in turn just spammed the thread with a nonconstructive, toxic, post.

See what I mean about how much you add to the environment around you? Seems you want people to adhere to your cause and period. Don’t even wanna fight for it.

First time I ever heard someone throw a punch with actual weight in threads like these. Will I finally have someone to discuss the matter using reason and facts?

They’ve been trying to offload CCP as a whole since at least 2016 https://www.gamasutra.com/view/news/287330/Eve_Online_dev_CCP_Games_is_on_the_selling_block_says_new_report.php. Noone wants them. Seems to be a recurring theme with CCP’s products the last few years. Noone wants them.

4 Likes

So what ya’ll gonna do once E* G***s drive eve into the ground?
I’m looking at Elite for the dog-fighting and Star Citizen for the Long Term organization building. Seems like no one is a fit recruit for both.

More likely it was Hilmar trying to bail out while VR looked hot. Thus the 2016 financials was boosted and rumor mill was started, but to no avail. VR faded and now Hilmar is back to playing EVE, acting executive producer since Seagull returned to Sweden and the company is going in another direction… Less producing in-house, more co-development and licensing and giving EVE a sweet and long end of life.

6 Likes

Best thing CCP could do is sell Hilmar.

2 Likes

I bought E:D years ago. Played twice. Watering plastic flowers is more productive and entertaining.

1 Like

hahahahahaha

I’ve actually heard this from several lowsec FCs in the past semester…

Really? People told me the dogfights get boring but I couldn’t believe them… Something about not being able to ignore how many times I keep beating Ace Combat(s) for the PS2 or rebooting that old windows98 pc just to play SUPER EUROFIGHTER 2000…

You have to actually find another player in order to dogfight first, so wouldn’t know. When the standard response to “these controls suck” is “buy a controller”, I tend to move on anyways. If I wanted to rely on a controller, I’d buy a console.

1 Like

i second this thoughts :+1:

hahahaha… Man our situation is bleak… At least I didn’t buy it.

Hey but wait… What about joysticks, can I use dual joysticks on it?

I’ve always wanted to turn my rig into a cockpit.

1 Like

This was about the new recruiting program thingy guys…

2 Likes

I think you replied to the wrong person cause I have no idea who you are or what you’re talking about lol.

What I see here is a bunch of folks trying to hijack a thread announcing a change to the recruiting system that will provide awards for folks who get others to play the game, not just sub an account for a month, to complain about their pet issues that have nothing to do with that new system.

Folks want other development changes, that’s fine, and there’s a place for a discussion of those new things, like the threads I put up. This isn’t it.

At this point, CCP could throw up a thread announcing everybody gets a free month of gameplay and somebody would write “WHO CARES, THEY HAVEN’T FIXED WARDECS YET, SO IT ALL SUCKS.”

Not constructive.

6 Likes

Obviously CCP can’t promote their broken game so the attempt to get players hyped up with some skins and get them recruiting is just pathetic. The game has been broken for so long that the majority of the players playing now are the core guys which have been in game 5 years and above (including me). And we (the 5 year+ guys) are already rooted where we are, have connections and make isk to keep this engine running but I barely remember the last time I’ve seen a new player try to interact with anyone. All the new characters created are either PI or skill-farming accounts created by old players. Wardec mechanics, wealth distribution, levelled pvp progress are only some of the issues that need urgent attention. Of the 12 people I recruited to this game only 2 are left playing still and both of them are dependent on me creating content and isk making environment for them. We were supposed to have fun together not grind in a second job… Although I have people around me asking what I play now and how eve is, I just tell them to stay away unless they want to grind brainpower and man hours so they can have a few mins of fun every week, where their ship pops in 20 seconds and it’s back to the grind hole again…

1 Like

It’s not constructive to spurge in threads that have nothing to do with what you want to talk about. All it does it get the thread locked and your stuff ignored.

I’m not a forum mod, but I can also respond to somebody who specifically tagged me to point out random posts by folks that had nothing to do with the OP’s reason for posting.

Not addressing the current issues that have been plaguing EVE are directly at the heart of attracting and retaining players. Until this happens you’re going to continue to see a mass exodus of players. Rolling out a new recruiting program is akin to rearranging deck chairs on the Titanic.

2 Likes

Just for reference, nope. We’re elected to represent the interests of players, yes. However, as we have no way of knowing who voted for us, and who didn’t, the only way to have any integrity is to stick by what we said in our election threads, and stay true to ourselves. So those people who voted for us know how we react to things.

Not because a random person on the forums says we should do something.

8 Likes

New players don’t know what the issues are that the community has been complaining about for a while, so it has no impact on attracting. And while, yes, fixing things has an impact on retention (although YMMV depending on what’s broken), this thread is about the recruiting system.

1 Like