Dev Blog: October Balance Pass!

You’re asking the server to keep track of how often a ship has been jammed. And for how long? A certain time limit or the next session change?

Too complex.

Triglavian Afterthoughts.

So they’re still explicitly armor then.

Righty-ho.

gets into a Bhaalgorn

Yeah, an extra mid-slot would help. Like with the Mach, and moving a low to a mid. That might do it.

They have to earn it, just like everybody else does.

2 Likes

I’ve done some solo pvp with the damavik and, to me, this change feels like a nerf and here’s why.

The extra mid allows for 2 things: A cap booster or a web.
-cap booster fit means you can go dual rep but then you only have 1 low slot for a resist module, and since the ship does not have a resist bonus or enough spare mids for range control / damage mitigation, the reps are unlikely to hold.
-web is nice but the light entropic disintegrator works really well even with lack of range control. It’s got blaster-level tracking and pulse/beam laser range. It can easily adapt to fighting at any range inside scram range. A web will make it slightly easier to apply with Occult but thats about it. Not worth losing a tank or damage low slot for.

Show me where the drone touched you, oh wait interceptor.

1 Like

Respectfully please reconsider the HIC changes or add a mass module. DT use it not to be risk averse but to actively look for PVP opportunities.

The most appealing thing about WHs is the ability to end up anywhere in eve. If an area is quiet we can roll and move on. These changes will kill that ability. I’m not sure there are any wh groups that this won’t have huge effects on for the sake of a few fast HICs?

2 Likes

Just because it wasn’t addressed in this specific balance pass does not mean it wasn’t addressed at the summit or won’t be addressed in the future.

That goes for everything, not just Rorqs.

1 Like

both rizze and fozzie have piblic stated they dont like wormholers and CSM is to indexed to Null Site space

1 Like

Constructive criticism would be wasted so I’ll stick to the simple facts.

You (CCP) are a bunch of idiots.

5 Likes

So in response, and after reading the article linked*, it seems like suppressing immunity while a weapons timer is active is a much more elegant solution than selectively removing bonuses from hulls and the inevitable rebalancing that would follow.

We are suppressed from taking gates with an active weapons timer, this seems like easy math, barring any issues about legacy code and how this is impossible to implement.

• In general, the CSM position has been there should be no nullification on combat ships. Travel based ships – yachts, shuttles or other taxi ships – should maintain nullification.

1 Like

A list of terrible changes that really only serve to make nullsec safer.

As a member of a WH alliance I simply cannot believe CCP is making this change to HIC’s without providing an alternative. If this had been a mechanic used in Nullsec and CCP tried this the outrage would have been epic.

These changes demonstrate that CCP needs to fix the CSM to ensure every single playstyle is represented.

13 Likes

Of course the null sec player say earn it but all of w-space voting for one guy would get him on the CSM

1 Like

ECM is going to make nullsec safer? Nobody uses ECM in highsec, lowsec or J space?

There is no effective way to “fix the CSM to ensure every play style is represented.” The best way to do that is for players to vote for the person they think will be represent their play style, and for somebody from that play style to run and actually campaign.

1 Like

That’s how WHers have gotten on the CSM in the past.

Interresting changes, especially the ECM ones. Please don’t wait too long with the Ship Balance pass for these ships. Falcons, Rooks and Griffin Navy will be useless and need a big survivability and / or range buffs like the Blackbird or Scorpion.

My main concern here is that this will be a HUGE carrier buff against subcaps, ECM was a very common and affordable counter against frequent carrier drops on small gangs.

Also, how will this work out with ECM Bursts and ECM Drones?

1 Like

I see alot of these changes prevent Sov warfare defense options. Things you should be looking at is disabling capitals from entosising. Claw fleets were designed to be quick and agile. ECM were supposed to be used to jam a target.

How will Ecm drones play into this - if I have a fleet that is using them on one target it becomes able to target us all- knda does not make sense?

1 Like

@CCP_Falcon Would it be possible to create a rolling script for HIC bubbles? The script could set prop mod max velocity bonus and thrust bonus, which are already attributes of the module, to -100% which removes any of the cheeky agility/speed problems, give the usual mass reduction, other than that functions as a regular HIC bubble under the new system. Perhaps there’s something in the code that makes this particular solution infeasible due to module cycling mechanics/effect applications, but I remain hopeful that there is some way to use scripts to maintain the important role of HICs for rolling wormholes, as they are vital to our ability to effectively find content within j-space.

9 Likes

Of course there are ways. For instance, only one member per alliance. That would remove 3 CSM from the panel. And if a CSM member switches from a fake alliance to their actual alliance, they get booted as well.

3 Likes

So you are positioning ECM ships as a classic MMO aggro tank without providing any defensive tools. The current fits for these ships require mids, so no shields tank, to be filled and very few lows, so no armor tank. On top of that you’re not even buffing their abilities to even consistently perform that job. This consistence you’re speaking of is only on the victims part and only works in their favor. You’re just straight breaking an aspect of the game with an “I owe you” a fix later…

Move ECM to high slots and increase their ability to perform their job in conjunction with your changes and you might actually have something worth talking about.

1 Like

Now, we expect with this change that the meta will simply shift to fleet interceptors but that is fine, as it demonstrates what we have been arguing, which is that the individuals attributes of these interceptors aren’t the problem, it’s nullification that makes them usable.

What surprise? Ships with nullification are used because of nullification. This further proofs my point, of you being biased against guerrilla tactics and advocating nullsec ratter/botter safety.

4 Likes