Dev Blog: October Balance Pass!

lolā€¦ point 5 is not a reason and shows bias, losing all objectivity.

As mainly a HS pilot, I can agree with this; we have plenty of basic,long-lived issues of our own.

Course, the response I have been noting in here from CCP/CSM, for some reason, seems to be eerily familiarā€¦

never in years of complaints about ecm have i heard suggested the ability to lock back the jamming ship . whoever thought this up was trolling ccp and probably canā€™t believe they ran with the idea ā€¦ maybe it would have been a good change for ecm drones .
greying out of locked targets , and shutting down offensive modules was the best solution . it keeps jammed pilots aware of the situation and theyā€™re back in the fight after 20 seconds instead of 20 seconds + time to re-lock . not perfect , but a better starting point than this change ā€¦

2 Likes

OK, so someone suggested the fact the ā€œthis isnā€™t a protestā€¦ get people hitting a monumentā€¦ etcā€ (Iā€™ve paraphrased there but why not?

If enough people feel strongly enough about this, PM me in game (SSjGhost) and I will organise a protestā€¦

invite alts, friends or basically any other person you knowā€¦

1 Like

I am amazed also that CCP introduced this ECM nerf, what the hell is wrong with them!!! they already had a system in place ā€œECCMā€ only the pussies that want Eve to be a run and gun without consequence whinged to have this put in place because they canā€™t be arsed to use the counter to ECM.

4 Likes

I read the whole post, and watched the full vid.

first the video: the guy was in a fight vs Several pilots. he allowed himself to be surrounded, and after a few minutes of duking it out, the opposing GROUP brought jam drones. shocker: 1 guys vs several, heā€™s guna die. the key here is the opposing GROUP thought, hey, why lose a single one of our guys to this silly yolo hic? they brought an ecm to prevent team losses.
would this have been a more fun experience if the pov guy got to kill the cynabal or the orthrus? for who? I mean, obviously the from the hic pov it surely would have been more pleasurable to kill something, and he probly would have, IF the opposing Group didnā€™t take proactive steps to prevent it. but he would have also died in the process. likely. instead, he spent a lot of his unjammed time, locking and killing jam drones; valiant effort, but had he fit a disco instead of that perma-point, or instead of the 5th launcher, heā€™d have killed the whole swarm of drones in a few bursts of it. he also at no point in the fight, actually USED the eccm script for his sebo. well, duh. even jam drones will get lucky in the right #'s. I kno hindsight is 20/20, and I hate to pick apart a personā€™s ship loss, but the lessons walked away with shouldnā€™t have been ecm boohoo, instead, what could I have done to perform better, survive longer, kill better, or should I have even been there in the first place? lots of room to learnā€¦you kno, counters to things that you donā€™t like.

now the post itself, on reddit no less, was fairly well written, but skipped a few of the ecm nerfs (at least 1 was mentioned) and leaned Heavily on the RNG nature of the effect. Brisc has done this also.
again, since we are trying on other pplā€™s shoes here: what aim does a person have, to get soo outraged at the effects of a successful jam on them? hmm? what was that? oh, they are mad because they cant ā€¦ huh? KILL SOMETHING? of course they still Can, but not the way they set out to. they have to rely on a largely handicapped ship, because 90% of ppl focus fit.
also, he didnā€™t Elaborate on why the previous ecm nerfs took away the common scorpion use as a ā€˜fleet doctrineā€™. the Reason was because it was suddenly Counter-able, and if the enemy Saw a bunch of scorpions on the opposing side, they would fit eccm accordingly, and then suddenly the scorpion fleets effectiveness was dramatically diminished. doesnā€™t mean the fleet couldnā€™t work, it just meant that there was something else that probly would work Better. thatā€™s called balance + meta shift. it happens, when kings on a hill are nerfed properly.

the OP DID spend a full (large) paragraph pointing out that he didnā€™t want to fit the counter, for various reasons, all understandable, but in the end, if you donā€™t want to fit the counter, then you cant really complain about the consequences, imo. fit the counter, and use the right script, and the pain will be less. unless your 1 v 5 +. then the pain is guna be the same; dead ship. the complaint isnā€™t dying, I kno, but it IS about not killing something. well, fit the counter(s) man!

Removed some off topic posts. Please keep it on topic and civil. Thank you.

LOL Seems anyone can post 5 points lists ā€¦ and this list has more words that yours

• Thusly I ā€œTauntā€ you
1 Like

Electronic warfare has a category - it does not contain neuts. - It does have damps, webs, target painters, scram , interdiction and much more.

A lot of the time Iā€™m a solo player and I think lots of things are a ā€œbad thing for groupsā€

• Drones are obviously a solo tool and bad for groups assist should be removed.
  • Nosferatu are obviously a solo tool - it takes from your opponent and gives back to the user - no use in a fleet situation they should not work if you are in a fleet.

In trying to justify removal of a whole class of ship from solo play because you ā€œthink its a bad thingā€ does not pass muster - Did you stop to think it may be a good thing for solo players ?

Neuts and nos are Engineering equipment

1 Like

lolā€¦ my response was removed but the original post about crack-pipes remain relevant @ISD_Dorrim_Barstorlode?

In any case,

It seems that genuinely nobody actually cares or are ambivalent about the ECM changes as the number of people that replied numbered in the single digits ā€¦

Genuine 100% market research at its finest :slight_smile:

Rectified. Thereā€™s a lot of content to parse through and I can only catch so much.

Genuinely didnā€™t expect anythingā€¦

Fair play @ISD_Dorrim_Barstorlode. o7

1 Like

Letā€™s say youā€™re solo hunting in a rookā€¦ it basically becomes useless.

but not celestis right? it can still warp disrupt and damp you to hell and you canā€™t do anything about it.

lets take all of the other forms of ewar away while at it

1 Like

Question first : Do burst jammers suffer the same problem, or are they still full lock out?

Now then, how about another way to try and balance ECM:

Remove all racial ecm and just have multispectrals. Boost the strength accordingly.
Burst jammers no longer affect fleeted ships.

Jamming no longer removes locks. Instead all modules have to ā€œrebootā€ over 5 seconds. After successful jamming, a 20 second buff would be on the target preventing further jamming attempts before dispersing. The timer would show just as it would on weapon modules that reload. You would know when you are free to fire.

Keep the chance based system, but add burst jammer bonuses to all caldari ecm based ships. Example is the scorpion, it has bonuses to both type of jammers. Make that effective on all the ships so both modules are feasible. In addition add a duration increase to Caldari ships bonus to those same ships. An example being 25/50/75/100/125% increased duration.

Since this shuts off modules instead of removing locks you can still target your offender. You have a window in which to fight back or run as well. Those that wish to use ECM as an escape can still do so. Youā€™re still chance based, and youā€™re given time to get away. Aggresors still have a chance at retackling/refiring upon you though.

Having them target the modules also helps increase itā€™s dps due to the ship itā€™s used upon losing access to modules. This would have to affect both passive and active to do so. Iā€™d recommend though having straight armor and shields be immune to this affect. Rigs as well. Resistance modules would be affected.

ECM drones could remain the same as they are now, however you donā€™t have to worry about the possibility of being perma locked out by drones. If the drones work they also trigger the immunity.

Caldari ships in perticular are even better at using ECM as they should, giving them a longer window to utilize the potential lockout and/or use other measures to control a fight instead. This way those ships could utilize a second ecm (in case the first fails) or make a kiting ship, or a straight brawler with a window of oppertunity to work in.

The core of this was to make both sides comfortable. People on the jammed side have a time to fight back against a jamming ship. Fleet warfare remains the same, somewhat, although in those cases maybe it may or may not need some assistance. Solo/small gang returns. While you canā€™t perma lock out the target you have those windows again to make or break a fight.

If the randomness bothers people you can have it work 100% like all the others do, however, you can make the signal strength affect the timers instead. If the target has a strength of 12 vs yours of 4 you can do a formula of :

((x-y)/2))/x to judge how long it will last.

If X is 12 (target) and 4 is your jam strength you would have a 0.33% less lockout. Thereby turning the 10 second lockout into a 6.7 second lockout for modules.

If it was over though, by saying the strength was 14, then the lockout period would be increased to 10.8 seconds.

If that mode is used though iā€™d leave the modules themselves the same but possibly just lower ship strengths instead across the board to a degree. This also keeps the modules powerful but at the same time counterable. Having one of the rigs affect duration would also be an interesting idea as well.

@Iowa_Banshee
Concerning neuts and nosferatus - yes, you are correct, I missed that. My mistake, sorry. Thank you for the correction.

Bursts are not affected. Didnt read anything else you wrote. But with this change, if drones jam you, the person jammed can only attack drones, not the ship.

How about removing the tons of useless cyclic redundant posts made by Brisc Rubal? He is a joke of CSM representative who had just trolled an entire community in the last days.
We really had become, even for CCP, just a bunch of people ā€œswinging like a dingleberry from my buttā€ like Brisk said?

The Lachesis is the recon of choice for this - with damps and a faction warp scram - its possible to have your target scrambled (no MWD) at a range the damps prevent a lock. They donā€™t even get the change of a failed damp like they would for ECM -

This is a perfect case to argue that the RNG should be applied to all the zero option EWAR (scram.disrupt, neuts damps etc)

If caught by the Lachesis you cannot get outside this range - in fact you donā€™t even have to shoot at them - you can sit and Taunt them while you drink coffee - The perfect form of this combat results in the opponent self destructing