Dev Blog: October Balance Pass!

It’s not a lie.

Bosoning Titans, smartbombing battleships/T3Cs - these are the only effective counters and they require both precise timing a luck. You have to know exactly where the interceptors are going to land and precisely hit them at exactly the right time to be effective. It’s rare when it works, and it only works when they’re doing something stupid. Otherwise they are uncatchable if they don’t want to be caught. A large group of ceptors fighting another group of ceptors = stalemate.

That’s a bad mechanic. If you want combat power, there needs to be a proper risk/reward balance and there isn’t when it comes to combat interceptors. Fast tackle, travel? Yes - that’s what nullification is best for. It shouldn’t be best for combat, too. That’s just oppressive.

Before everyone cries about jams/fighters, honestly just make one more change.

Fighters, when jammed, can’t lock the target. Yes, it’s still annoying to unsupported carriers, but it’s supposed to be. It allows a widow to drop on someone still, whereas this change makes that difficult as hell.

3 Likes

You are lying again. Claws hunting Claws is very effective. Corms hunting Claws is very effective. RLML ships against Claws are very effective. And you don’t say, of course it does require some effort. You live in null sec, defense should require effort. Not just a lazy bubble camp and a titan.

20 Likes

I dunno, I don’t think ECM in any sort of 1v1 should be a thing since it’s so 1 sided. But in large fleet fights, being able to actually try and do something about the ship that is ECMing you sounds like a good idea.

But…I also don’t see it being much use…because in those larger fleet fights there’s generally plenty of other ships to shoot that ECM ship for you. Though, I guess now focusing on ECM isn’t really an important thing so the rest of the fleet can just ignore it.

Guess we will see in the coming months how it turns out.

I think its Indented.

No, I’m not. You’re just flat out wrong. Although being in MC you’ve probably got more experience flying Cormorants than I do.

4 Likes

With the ECM, I think it still should work true to its origin, and force breaking the existing lock. While the target could lock up again and fire on the offending ship, I think this would be bit more balanced approach to changing the ECM. The victory would go to the one who is paying most attention.

10 Likes

So ECM drones will work by removing lock from ECM drone operator ship and only drones will be targetable??

1 Like

Goes to show how incompetent you are at EVE. I have been chased around in Delve by Corms and Claws a couple of times. Learn to play before you demand changes to something that you don’t understand.

If you want combat power, there needs to be a proper risk/reward balance and there isn’t when it comes to combat interceptors.

Ceptors offer the risk to the reward in null sec. That you want to see removed because you are too lazy to defend your space with more than just a titan on the gate. Combat ceptors at least kept the resemblance of risk active in null sec, which is something that CFC cannot allow to persist. Your talk about oppressive is also most amusing. Look at delve and what they throw around to deter any interference. That is oppressive. Claws upheld a little bit of a counter to that oppressiveness.

6 Likes

Did you just say you fight interceptors with RLML Caracals?

3 Likes

Thx for making my null explo raptors completely useless RIP
Nice waste of isk
The Pay2Play begins

13 Likes

What with comibination ECM drones/ ECM targeted from ship?

1 Like

no , is not , only USELESS CSM trying to defend very very stupid idea

9 Likes

So if i’m reading this right. Wormhole rolling is becoming impossible over the complaint of a few people caught by a 500mn hic. @CCP_Falcon please implement a rolling solution before you change this. you’re affecting the entite wormhole community over a couple crying nullsec pilots.

25 Likes

This is 100% true and in no way false

5 Likes

Ever fought a swarm of Caracals or Cerbs and Logi with Claws?

1 Like

I know this is an issue for wormholers and I noted it was going to be an issue for wormholers. I am going to advocate for a fix for this - some kind of dedicated hole rolling ship or something similar - but the fact is that 500mn HICs were broken and they weren’t working the way they were supposed to be working - they were adapted for rolling because of how broken they were. This was a “bug became a feature” kind of thing, but the bug is still a bug and causes other problems elsewhere. It needed to be addressed.

4 Likes

No because I am not an idiot, we just dump titans on everything an push the I win button lmao get gud.

Target will be able to lock both ECM drone + ECM ship if I’m reading this right.

1 Like

/eyeroll

1 Like