Dev blog: The Goo must flow: Everything about Refineries and Moon mining

Will there be an option for corp members to refine to corp in the refinery’s? Which is to say that when you are in the refinery with your haul of ore and you refine the minerals are deposited in the relevent corp hanger rather than a personal one and a note of the action recorded in the ledger?

If not then any reason why not?

:smiley:

so you basically giving both structures the same fawking timers… no matter the size.

what a screw job… you trying to manipulate plex sales

Its probably due to them both actually interacting with the game without any player intervention after starting the job, a small corp won’t want to put these up if they can’t defend them, alliances won’t really care about the timers as they will be buried deep in null, in high sec it won’t really matter that much as they will still need an active war and once the war is declared your structure is screwed regardless of the vulnerability windows if you don’t have a large enough defence fleet to protect it

That’s the whole idea of all upwell structures. You’re only realizing now?

@CCP_Phantom - why is CCP swiping Aryth’s Dune memes? :slight_smile:

Can someone please tell me how many player outposts have been created since the release of Citadels?

Is there a cap to how many Citadels a corporation/alliance can deploy or have active?

Did Citadels phased out outposts much faster than moon anchored POS?

Vulnerability windows r dumb

According to a reliable source there were 10 outposts constructed since the date citadels were added to TQ, although technically one of those would have had to have been anchored before the release as it went live on the same day citadels were added, although no new outposts were able to be anchored after december 2016 as that functionality was removed so its nearly been a year since the last outpost went live

As far as i know there is no cap, you’re allowed to have as many active as you feel you can afford to keep online and active, the same as POS, although technically there is a hard cap on the total number of POS that can be anchored due to each of them needing a moon

Citadels are replacing both outposts and POS eventually, most of the functionality of POS has been ported over to upwell structures, iirc there are only cyno beacons, cyno jammers and jump bridges left to replace before POS essentially just become expensive bubbles to sit in and look pretty

Vulnerability windows are fine, it means you can’t just have a group come in ad steamroll all your structures while you’re asleep, you actually get to dictate when the fights are likely to happen :stuck_out_tongue:

Time tanking has been shown to be completely ineffective for upwell structures. I got up at 2am for several bill once.They’re wet paper bags that are shiny new toys for the players. At a premium price.

Ok so CCP decides to change the game no problem.
They add citadels, engineering complexes, and now refineries. Again No problem.
The problem that CCP seems to be overlooking is that they are basically making the POS exactly that a Piece of crap that has no real use. Those who invested in POS modules or forbid POS BPO’s who could make a small amount of isk off their time they invested into researching a Blue Print and building them for a cheaper cost then selling them for. Now we are replacing it with other things soon all the roles of the POS will be performed by other structures that are in some cases harder to protect then the current system. While I have no problem with making things easier to kill I do have a problem with the loss of an investment one of my toons made a long time ago and the market share he stands to lose due to the needless greed of CCP to replace a system in the game with no compensation for the pilots who already had a system in place. Every POS that is set up with a moon mining array should become by default an already fit refinery. Moon distribution changing has done more for causing problems in politics for the game then I have ever seen before with many people getting very upset over some claiming rights to move in and take the moons they want when the expansion hits. Bottom line here is that CCP is screwing over the long time player in favor of short term profits for itself. While the expansion and the structures are a good idea CCP has once again proven that good ideas can be very poorly executed.

2 Likes

Thank you for the answer to various questions.

I dislike the entire idea of vulnerability windows and feel that a Citadels vulnerability should have been tied to sovereignty, and their limitations for placement and presence being similar to the ihub.

Who can take a system overnight?
Who can make a system vulnerable in half a day, in the face of opposition?

I felt and feel still that they are an over-qualified replacement to moon POS.

@CCP_Fozzie
@CCP_Phantom
seriously this is a valid concern. At this point the POS is crap you need to compensate players for what they already have not punish them with an expansion pack that’s just wrong.

Inflation is out of control. Jump Freighters have gone from 4.2 billion to 9.7 billion in six months.

As for the strength of these refineries, the medium size unit has one solitary lonesome hardpoint. Pew. Pew.

He’s an average player talking about eve now.

That’s why vulnerability windows will go away in 2018. Structures will then be vulnerable 24/7 with POCO like fight mechanics. Problem solved.

1 Like

You do realise that players will be compensated once POS are removed, for starters they will have NPC buy orders for the default sale/mineral value of the standard sticks, this is ofc assuming that they don’t just end up replacing the POS with a new deployable in which case all of them will just be converted, meaning you won’t have “lost” anything, CCP doesn’t just replace things and not compensate you at all :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

Dude its called moon goo hording for the change. Right now T2 prices will increase until the new mechanics take effect and ppl see what they can mine and where the market is going to settle . Thats why Jump freighter is super expensive right now

what will happen to bpos for m-set and l-set reprocessing rigs?

They will likely be converted to match the rigs