Dev blog: The Goo must flow: Everything about Refineries and Moon mining

Do “nuggets” of planetary material hotspots still occur? I haven’t noticed a travelling hotspot in a long time, but I mostly just restart the same program over and over. The Nugget concept was introduced with PI, to encourage “active play” with the extractors.

“Jackpot” asteroids reminds me of this.

@CCP_Phantom

1 quick question, with the moon re-seeding will this seed every single moon even those that cannot currently be mined, aka will i be able to scan the moons in my local area after the patch and know what minerals they will contain once they can be mined?

Which seed did CCP end up using for the moon distribution during EVE Vegas?

Sure:

• The moon drill service module BPO is 1.6 billion isk
  • All three reactor service module BPOs are 1 billion isk
  • The new medium refinery rig BPOs are 100m isk
  • The new large refinery rig BPOs are 500m isk
  • The new mining crystal BPOs are 10m isk

And yes you are correct that siphons are being phased out. The new moon mining system allows a much more direct way of stealing the goo with your own mining so a dedicated siphon module is not needed. We will be announcing more details of siphon reimbursement at a later date.

This functionality is something we are still very interested in adding (internally we’re calling the concept “structure dropbox”). I can’t make any promises at this time though unfortunately.

2 Likes

They will be converted automatically into bpos of the new m-set and l-set reprocessing rigs with the same research level that they had before.

The winning seed text as voted by the EVE Vegas attendees was the poem by Dranchela:

We also incorporated photographs of the EVE Vegas attendees at the closing ceremonies into the seed.

1 Like

You will only be able to scan minable moons at this time, as we will not be distributing resources to the WH and HS moons until the patch that makes them minable.

Ok cool thanks for the heads up, no need to star spamming probes just yet then :stuck_out_tongue:

Um… a small complaint, currently rorquals are squeezed out form the same docking ports as smaller subcapital ships on Tatara instead of from the middle larger one, would ccp address this “immersion” issue in the future?

1 Like

In the Dev Blog regarding the Goo Must Flow: the following makes it sound like the 15 minute timer after anchoring was removed: " When an Upwell Structure is first deployed, it will enter an initial 15-minute vulnerable state (with the same repair timer mechanics and damage caps) before entering the 24 hour Anchoring state. "

As I recall from other Dev Posts and statements, the 15 minute timer is at both ends of the anchoring process. You might want to ensure that the Dev Blog is clearer in this fact so that people are not confused.

With respect to ore and NOT moon goo, will some moons permanently be more valuable than others?

Yea this makes a lot of sense, hey wormhole guys take the crumbs of eve.

What were going to do for you is . are you all listening, okay here it is. were going to give you a whole different place for you to mine your regular ores. So. now. you don’t have to warp to the anomalies and mine the ores. you can now mine the same ores from the moon. Yes thats right boyz and girls you get a whole different place to mine your ores.

I know right . isnt it awesome.

Come on Really. this just blows for wh corps. Give us moon mining or something, Who cares about another location to mine regular ore. We already have that.

Depends if they throw ice into the mix (ice does tend to form on moons :slight_smile: )

I cant see nodes in wh space, so we cant mining moons in wh space?

No wormhole moon mining until Upwell 2.0 early 2018.

:disappointed_relieved:

I hope the delay is because they are planning to add a new T3 goo that is only available in wormhole space. The implications would be massive and completely revitalise wormhole space if they did that…

that would be nice, but unfortunately ccp isnt going to give us moon goo mining.

All were going to get in the next update is just the ability to mine regular ores on moons. Scratches my head. we already get to do that in anomalies.

I guess this is there way, of saying ’ See here wormhole guys we didn’t leave you out. you get to mine ore from moons.

Fail Fail Fail. Its like dessert is being served. and wormhole guys you get a stale cookie.

Creating an entirely new industry, such as tech 3 modules, that would require WH goo, is a lot of work for game design. Not that it doesn’t happen, but look how many years ago they started on the road of replacing everything we do with the old control towers :wink:

If I mined it, I ain’t stole it.

Just cause some rich capitalist wants to come out to our sector of nul sec and create untold environmental damage to our moons… we are supposed to be criminalized, just for taking a piece of what was always ours?

Death to space fascists. No ninja ledger!

1 Like