Devblog: CCPlease - When Memes Become Reality

Is it just me, or are the progress indicators backward? The Rifter should be moving left to right, adding color as it moves towards completion, and a completed project should show a solid bar-- right??

So why do projects not yet begun show a solid bar of color and certified-completed ones show an apparently retreating, but not yet fully retreated, Rifter?

1 Like

I think the Rifters just show the approximate timeline during which the development of the feature will continue - February, March, etc. This is why the chat system Rifter is so far to the right.

nice move!
make me laught!

Well, you might be right-- but if that’s the case, shouldn’t there be like a little list of “stuff we’ve finished/stuff still to do” instead of a self-congratulatory “Completed! Date:” seal? Usually those are used for a full completed category.

It seems like if you’re still working on a bunch of stuff, it’s too early for the seal. Besides, that still doesn’t explain why the “progress bar” is apparently complete for stuff they haven’t started yet.

1 Like

Yeah, maybe the colored Rifters are somewhat misleading… I don’t view them as progress bars, just they seem to be indicating how long the feature development will last. On the image there are months tables at the top. The thing is a spreadsheet. XD

For example the 64bit client seems to be up for completion in April.

2 Likes

Yeah, because there’s a great idea. Let’s roll things back to passive mining of the technetium bottleneck with today’s player demographics and see just how long it takes for ‘roll back to 2018’ cries to start.

1 Like

It’s not a progress bar, it’s a timeline for ‘how long until…?’

Yay, more scripts that screw things up. Why is that stuff not done inhouse and instead with a useless thirdparty script?

What are these bars supposed to mean? Completed bars are shorter than non-completed bars. Are these things going to disappear over time? If so, that Rifter is flying into the wrong direction. Only the Frenchies (aka Gallente ships) fly backwards to their completion.

I played it and I say you, it will be amazing when its polished, like a diamond is polished to become a gem everyone is amazed with. CCP was only able to cut lumps of carbon in comparison. :kissing_heart:

Well, except that again, it’s not a progress bar. Here:

Notice the months along the top? The Rifter’s position corresponds roughly to the completion date, not the progress of that project. So, for example, Launcher Updates: 1st week of Feb. Little Things: 2nd week of Feb.

64-bit EVE client: looks like 1st week of April is the current projection, while Chat Improvements don’t have a projected ‘when we’ll be done’, but rather a bar of ‘this is when it’s being worked on’ to indicate that they’ll keep working on it, as long as they feel there’s improvements to make.

5 Likes

Pandering for a “Vanilla” server are we?

Ah-- now, see, that’s what had me confused. You’d ordinarily expect a Rifter to be MOVING.

1 Like

We’ll actually be looking to add this to the footer at some point soon, or perhaps the top menu - web team are currently working on where best to put it :slight_smile:

2 Likes

We’ll be looking to add a repository of completed projects going forward :slight_smile:

1 Like

Blah blah blah ,

lots of promises, we need results …

1 Like

The important question is where is the rest of rifters. :thinking:

1 Like

Completed? What about those that are worked on?

Well played CCP! Transparency ftw, great start

oh, you mean that game that’s never coming out?

Nana, it’s a scam. that’s all SC will ever be. there’s better games than it that’ve been made in a quarter the time it’s been “in development”

it’s kind of pathetic when Cyberpunk 2077 takes less time to be finished.

also… exactly how many times has SC claimed having a launch date now?

and thirdly… it’s not even the same genre of game.