Devblog: EVE Aether Wars: Phase Two – Join The Fight!

So still no email/instructions for the client download. Is this not happening?

1 Like

Like last time, they will e-mail you at the last moment.

According to their Twitter feed, they’re not sending download links until tomorrow. Welp.

id love to sign up for this, unfortunately my desktop is broken and the hamster that runs my laptop seems to only have two working legs and very bad asthma :frowning:

Sorry to hear that but your computer is just really too old.
If we want shiny graphics experience and atmosphere we need to move forward.

First they say “download client day before” and then they fail again and again and again and …
… bad information provided …
… everything too late …
etc…

still no client to download

Wow, what a bunch of crankies in this thread. :stuck_out_tongue:

Noob here and I am looking forward to checking this out. I’ve never been in a big battle before so this is going to be great to experience. I remember watching a live video of some giant battle years ago and it was so laggy I never bothered to even sign up to play the game. I regret that now but at the time I didn’t understand what the game was really about and took what I saw as normal gameplay. Having played now for a month or so (I said I am a noob :stuck_out_tongue: ) I can see how this tech is just going to make the whole game a better experience. Let’s gooooo! :smiley:

How do i download the client or is it going to be added to the eve online client? please let me know ASAP because i dont wanna miss out :frowning:

Not that anyone but me cares, but I’ll be there for sure.
I don’t like some things ingame, sure, but I’ll be damned if I’ll let that get in the way of a missing the obviously great things there are on offer . WTF is not to like about a massive space brawl? Ships will be supplied. I don’t like to use the c-word often, but I think many of the negative view holders might just be, chicken!
Okay, an obvious goad, but go on, just do it, ya might have fun.

Supposedly we were meant to get an email yesterday with the download link and password, nothing so far for me …

HarrietluToday at 1:25 PM

@everyone Attention pilots! The download link is being emailed through now and will be in your inboxes shortly. Please bear in mind that the client can a while to arrive and 30 mins to download.

Just got the client downloaded!

Well pardon my langauge, but ■■■■ this, the Hadean privacy policy. Why the very ■■■■ should they be harvesting our financial data? I was all keen to help you, CCP, but this is nothing but blatant data gathering. No ■■■■■■■ thanks.

Quote:

We may collect, use, store and transfer different kinds of personal data about you which we have grouped together follows:

• Identity Data includes first name, maiden name, last name, username or similar identifier, marital status, title, date of birth and gender.
  • Contact Data includes billing address, delivery address, email address and telephone numbers.
  • Financial Data includes bank account and payment card details.
  • Transaction Data includes details about payments to and from you and other details of products and services you have purchased from us.
  • Technical Data includes internet protocol (IP) address, your login data, browser type and version, time zone setting and location, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform and other technology on the devices you use to access this website. We may also collect information about your visit, including the full Uniform Resource Locators (URL) clickstream to, through and from our site (including date and time).
  • Profile Data includes your username and password, purchases or orders made by you, your interests, preferences, feedback and survey responses.
  • Usage Data includes information about how you use our website, products and services. This includes page response times, download errors, length of visits to certain pages, page interaction information (such as scrolling, clicks, and mouse-overs).
  • Marketing and Communications Data includes your preferences in receiving marketing from us and our third parties and your communication preferences.

End Quote

Now I won’t get the rewards I was kinda looking forward to, I feel like I was almost duped, like someone tried to cheat me. Shame on you CCP and **** you Hadean quite frankly.

2 Likes

Dang, that’s hard core :confused: @Durtze thanks for pointing that out. Oh well, I guess I’m out

ya thats asking for alot, and most of it is stuff they have no business asking for

Im going to post of a list of everything it actually asks for, but in the future, they need to parse down to a reasonable list

So far (10:34am EST)
First and Last name, email address

Edt: 13:38pm EST
Well, it has asked me for nothing else
they are saying they have the legal right to all the info, but unless they are getting it from CCP, I dont see how they’ll get it in the first place.

I do agree that that sort of data harvest is not needed for the test advertised, however, They have only asked for name, surname and email, all of which, CCP already has.

Obviously if they start asking for more info, I will be opting out, but perhaps the t&c are generic from other testings they have performed where different data was required?

By downloading the client, you are by default agreeing to their terms and conditions. :frowning: Shady to say the least, am I just being cynical, or have these guys just done a deal with CCP to grab a load of our data for a few skins?
We get to be free testers for Hadean AND they get all our data.
How about they stop taking the piss and go test their ■■■■ on WoW?

@Durtze they probably just dump the whole database and hand it over, which would contain that info. Cue the ‘it’s in there but we won’t use it’ blah blah blah. It’s careless imho.

1 hr 30 mins until start and no email of the password.

Anyone received theirs yet ?