Devblog: EVE Online: Invasion - Coming May 28th!

Mmmm, new in-game event coming :star_struck:

I for one welcome our new Triglavian overlords. :scream:

4 Likes

Sounds just like the large corps / alliances in Null Sec :wink:

3 Likes

Thereā€™s no information available that would allow extrapolating into that direction. As written in my first post in this thread, I hope that things will turn out in a way that actually causes content for everyone.

I certainly hope that there wonā€™t be agents, even once Trigs turn into a playable race. Iā€™m not saying that I hope there wonā€™t be triglavian missions at some point, just that I hope that they wonā€™t be ā€œdeliveredā€ via the current system of having agents representing corporations.

In terms of mission agents in empire space ā€¦ Iā€™d favour more a system that outlines the goals and standards of a corporation, giving people a range of activities they can pursue, which are then being rewarded by the corporationā€™s human resources person (whoā€™d people then call mission agent anyway).

Likeā€¦ not ā€œreceive mission. do ā– ā– ā– ā–  asked for. come back.ā€ but instead ā€œhereā€™s what we do and what we stand for. you can mine, shoot rats in certain places, deliver stuff and weā€™ll pay you for your work accordingly.ā€

Something like this.

3 Likes

Does anyone have any information about the mining part of this?

There is at least one animation out there providing evidence that star gates (in general? or their own? idk!) will be turn-off-able. Thatā€™s not a word, but my germanā€™s leaking really hard into my english today. :blush:

1 Like

My guess is, that the invasion makes certain systems like Abyssal space, with weather effects and roaming/camping Trigs. The new (jump) warning message suggests that. Hope this is not a group PvE only thing (and annoyance for others only).

5 Likes

Do you have a pic? I donā€™t think I ever saw one.

Check hoboleaks for string number 546168.

1 Like

That site is so bad. Not even a search. :roll_eyes:

Open strings, CTLR+F?

Yes, sure, but you canā€™t actually do that unless you open the specific part thatā€™s hiding it.
You canā€™t actually search for keywords without clicking all the arrows open.

Itā€™s nothing that bothers me normally, because itā€™s just a few click,
but Iā€™d like to think that a site like this could have at least some quality.

Complaining on a high level. Sorry. :slight_smile:

That Agency overhaul though! Smooth!

Nice work CCP, excited for a very hot summer!

1 Like

Are we getting a super awesome trailer for this expansion (I miss them)??

Also can we get some random Trig anoms pop up in random systems outside invasion sites (bit like the ghost sites)? Maybe even extend this to all factions, just to add in a bit of variation to the one-pirate faction per region we have today.

2 Likes

Completely agree. In a different thread I suggested that CCP introduce more ships to the 4 main factions to deal with the Drifter and Triglavian threat, namely:

1. Complete Tech 2 battleship line-up (Tech 2 version of Rokh, Hyperion, Maelstrom, Abaddon), then
  2. Tech 3 Battlecruisers, then
  3. Tech 3 Battleships.
3 Likes

In said thread it was probably explained why we wonā€™t see more T3 things like the strat cruisers any time soon due to their stupid complexity in design.

Is there any real information as to what this expansion contains other than the few vague hints given so far?

1 Like

You do realize that T3 BC would be equal in power to capitals, and T3 BS - to supercapitals?

The World Ark itself is the size of a Fortizar.

2 Likes

Well we are witnessing a birth of a new all rounder doctrine of triglavian ships.
Itā€™s enough that capital ships are getting S*IT on by frigates and destroyers the gangs of 5 dreks and 2 zamz are more scary than a dread like 10k alpha phoenix on subcap guns dealing around 500 dmg to drekā€¦ LOGICā€¦
Already the triglavians are the weapon of choice of wormhole ppl and low sec gangs because of spider tank and resist profile out of this fcking world plus signature radius allows them to sig tank even with battlecruiser on AB.
Triglavians are becoming one and true force of small to medium gangs with ramped up dmg 50% higher than their T2 counterparts. We already seen a leshak killing carrier. Or 10 kikimoras killing rorqual (and well fitted one as well) So yeah letā€™s bring more BALANCE from triglavian so we will stop using capital ships since 4 months of skilling carrier and 3 bill worth ship will be killed by a 5 kikimora destroyers because fighters canā€™t even hit them for ā– ā– ā– ā– . I think instead of adding more fuel to the already bit OP ships try to develop the old faction ships. You gave us faction capitals titans supers and dreadsā€¦ Give us also the t2 AS. HACs and t2 dessies from them.

3 Likes