Devblog: GM Week Returns! – August 19th - 23rd!

you should give us “the sandbox” control over whether or not to have local! that means that solve holders can do it or not,and if you can’t hold solve you can’t have local like lowsec, wildlands and such!!! you can have your cake and eat it too!!

2 Likes

lol, what is sweet atm ? .
Yesterday i went online and was searching my char… i found a letter… This life is sensless i jumpt out of the window at my capsul… by owner… :confused: now there is a new free Slot :smiley:

Ok, so basically we have to check the News Feed every day.

Thanks for the reply.

While you’re having your events, would you kindly consider putting a “clean ship” button in the station menu? Not that sitting at my desk clicking buttons to achieve a result is any kind of hard work, but I think it makes sense now that we’re insta-cleaning. While flying, even!

Have a fun week :slight_smile:

I should mention… that experience was a SUPER let down. The whack-a-bot promotion was pretty much unplayable, and ended up being a big waste of time for me.

I was in Yulai 2 hours early, and spent the remaining time buying parts for my ship and preparing… Alas, though I followed the orders of the GM closely, the game froze and crashed twice. I was not able to get within 100km of ANY of the targets, or land a shot on them… heck, I couldn’t even target one.

Not just because I suck (I totally do), but because the game legit froze and crashed twice, unable to handle the number of players in the area.

(My computer is amazing, and my internet is quite fast, it’s not a matter of poor equipment on my end!)

I really appreciate you putting out cool celebrations and content for the community, but its a bit lame to be invited to a party where nothing works. :confused:

1 Like

I’ve been checking various CCP Social Media pages and still haven’t seen any hints as to where the GM’s will be located. Figure I’d repost my original reply to this thread since the questions weren’t answered.

Anyone knows how many small secure containers were seeded for the Advanced Scavenger Hunt event?

1 Like

Well, there’s suppose to be hints posted on Social Media, whatever that means. Guess that’s confidential so I’ve got no idea on where to start.

I actually wanted to participate in this event but I’ve given up on that now.

Since I don’t care for or use “social” media (aka user data skimming), I wouldn’t have a clue where they are even IF they would post that information somewhere …

I guess it’s also about luck - as it should be IMHO:
I was working, while afk-maintaining my BPO research, and discovered a few hours too late that the GM–ISD–Bjørn Bee–:rocket::rocket: had traveled through my system.

Although I missed (:sob: :laughing:) the shenanigans right outside my front door, it was nice to learn from local that so many of the GMs and ISDs were around, doing stuff and giving out loot and what not. :smiley: :+1: :sparkling_heart:

So while missing th event, I didn’t lose anything – which makes it a win in my books.
(I received a nice :gift: from @GM_Archduke when I started playing this game a year ago :sparkling_heart:)

From my point of view GM Week is a nice way to interact with the playerbase on a larger level.

1 Like

Just having GMs playing the game and seeing what’s going on in it is much better than presents.

With login numbers diving to all time lows, activity in Sov Nul restricted the the largest groups only, this little farce couldn’t have been timed better.

Using so called “game masters” to prop up login numbers - An all time LOW for CCP.,.

July MER would be nice to see.
August is nearly over, will we see anymore MERS or are they really too embarrassing for CCP to publish anymore.

Year after year, release after release CCP got it wrong - Now it all comes back at once to bite them in the …

I can honestly say Ive not seen any of this, and that the current run of Engagement Hieghteners and competitions are extremely cynical.

1 Like

I really like the concept and spirit behind these events, but too bad CCP has not recognized there are other time zones than EU

2 Likes

I agree. It appears there’s only major action in the hours after downtime. Once in the hours before DT there was a GM looking for permission to go out, but later told us it would not be before DT.
It is also quite difficult to find the GM’s giving out the clues. As far as I know the where in the help-channels, where there was a lot of clutter/chatter going on. Really tough to keep track. But perhaps that was an intended part of the ‘hunt’?
It would have made more sense IMHO to do it in the "event’-channel.

also:

• Rookie System Tour

Everyone loves newbros, and they always need a helping hand and some encouragement to explore New Eden. We’ll be taking a tour of rookie systems to say hi, and maybe dish out a few prizes and some sage (and obviously highly professional) advice to new pilots.

I’ve spend quite some time in the rookie systems, and I have seen none.

For the next time I will make sure I have trained my scanning skills! And by that I don’t mean the skillbooks :wink:

In general, it was a fun event. Let’s see if I can pick up a hamster in the last few hours.

1 Like

You wouldn’t honestly expect CCP to cater for a world wide audience with this sort of thing. That would severely cut into development time in the bar.

This was a CCP joke… right?

2 Likes

I really wanted to do the Scavenger Hunt but didn’t participate due to no info whatsoever, no answers to questions on where to start.

In my opinion this whole ‘Event’ was conducted very badly and each new ‘Event’ is even more disappointing than the last.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.