Devblog: Interim Statement on Brisc Rubal Follow-up Investigation

That was part of deal between CPP and big alliances for years …

And the Goons are now too big to fail…

Which means the battle for Null is… Well, it’s not league tables.

This is hilarious, this only has two outcome.

1. CCP messed up and rush banned with lack of evidence, this will now open questions into other bans that were questionable and loss of confidence in player base knowing you may get publicly called out and banned without proper due-diligence.

2. CCP were correct, baddies got ban and all is well in the world.

2 Likes

They could be suspending him pending investigation.

Which is quite normal in sensitive parts of the real world.

We’ll have to see what comes out in the wash.

1 Like

If I get suspended at work they don’t put a notice around the office informing everyone and lets be honest, he didn’t get suspended, he got sacked.

Again: CCP can not publicly blame US citizen and lawyer without solid rock evidences.
What will be if Brisc ask for court order and block Eve Online in USA ???

Just here to see the flagged comments lol

Perhaps you are going a little overboard with the “reeee goons grrrrrr” narrative. The key to being an effective shill is to intersperse agitprop with semi-coherent thoughts.

Again: CCP can not publicly blame US citizen and lawyer without solid rock evidences.
What will be if Brisc ask for court order and block Eve Online in USA ???

This, for example, stretches too much. Perhaps it would be more plausible if you had said, “block Eve Online in Texas”

Perhaps you can practice somewhere less visible, such as Notepad on your own computer, and come back when you get better at this.

I, for one, am looking forward to CCP’s follow-up post.

1 Like

You will have to wait a little, they are still deciding who and how will eat the bullet … :joy:

That is fine and dandy, but US Law does not apply to other countries, no matter how much you want them to. CCP is located in Iceland and the owners are in S. Korea. so US Laws do not apply.

1 Like

That has nothing to do with international law. It is referring to a out of state business doing business in another state (Calif. business doing business in Texas or in Washington). It does not apply to a company or business that is located out of country and doing business out of country.

Because of the internet, you are capable of connecting to the business that is located in another country. but that does not mean a filing in a US Court will apply. You may, most likely, have to file in Iceland where CCP is located and doing business.

A US citizen can sue a foreign business. I like all the certainty and confidence in everyone’s post’s about US law. What I don’t get though is usually in any games EULA you agree to their terms which usually states that the game and contents are the sole property of the games publisher and you own nothing. This leads me to think this is about the doxing and libel part of the story. There are online news articles talking about his “corruption”. This would cause him monetary damages in his real life now and for the rest of his life. “Oh, you’re that corrupt lobbyist from that game!”, that kind of thing is a game changer.

2 Likes

ftfy
and
glhf

it would be if untrue
and yet
if held to be true then literally…

is not libel, but in fact, FACT.

is not the world mate, jesus; get a grip.

The year the USA owned the world.

2 Likes

Which is why CCP would have to be able to prove their claim if it came to that.

1 Like

You people are full of it about this, it has nothing to do with the US. It would be the same scenario in the UK or France. Get over yourselves…

Þú ert fullur af því, það væri sama atburðarás í Bretlandi eða Frakklandi. Komast yfir ykkur …

untrue, different agreements are made with each country; afaik only the uk are likely to follow suit when the us says so. Some law or another.

@Arrendis

Because, they havent specifically named him, only an online character.
And as much as anyone likes to state over and over that ccp named him; they have not and have never actually revealed his identity.
In order to file a defamation case one must have first named a ‘defender’ so in this case, its all on hollow ground. Brisc may be a lawyer, of sorts; and you may think the US can beat anyone else which certainly seems to be the case from everyone these whoo haa’s but these few facts remain.

CCP are every bit as capable of providing their own solicitors, and probably have more money to do so.
CCP did not name the guy that plays brisc rubal.

And also (i imagine at this point)
Brisc merely would like to be able to just play again.

So all the guff about solicitors and laws and this and that is literally that, a load of guff.

Or in british terms, a load of old bollocks.

3 Likes

I honestly have no dog in this fight, I was just curious if they published any further information on the specific allegation. There is much hot air being blown around about it, that is for sure. The reddits are alive with tales of deceit and deception so I figured I would just pop in here and take a gander.

1 Like