Devblog: Interim Statement on Brisc Rubal Follow-up Investigation

Lol, don’t go letting silly things like facts get in the way, it’s the USA!!! :smiley:

So many laughs and for such a low low price!

Regards,
Cypr3ss.

1 Like

This was lost somewhere down the road

Oh the irony. :face_with_hand_over_mouth:

3 Likes

All i can say is , check the prices of the VELES guns (all sizes) after the February CSM meeting, check both volumes traded and price increase.

Draw your own conclusions about how innocent he and his INIT friends are.

what was changed with these?

Drop rates were increased as part of a change in abyssal loot rates that Rise announced publicly more than a month before the Summit. Clearly, this is evidence that the Init guys who were banned (and don’t do Abyssals) were involved. :man_shrugging:

There is a sufficiency in the world for man’s need but not for man’s greed

its about time that CCp admited they do not look into petitions but will ban someon on hearsay and no proof. its a shame that this has been ignored for so long with unqualified GM’s addressing false claims from their “friends” and acting on them i guess it took Brisc Rubal’s witch hunt to bring to light the problems within CCP

1 Like

I still do not buy any of this. MMO publishers have proven time and again they are untrustworthy.

1 Like

Normally I wouldn’t chime in on things like this because I hate politics and drama, but this really bothered me. Not specifically who or what, but how CCP initially handled this (I’m basing that on the “Talking in Stations” breaking news vid mostly.)

If I accept a EULA, it just means I acknowledge a given business has to legally CYA. I still expect a higher bar to be met from any company than the bare minimum expectations seen in EULAs. Also, processes/expectations for dealing with the run of the mill players vs processes/expectaitions for someone on the CSM should be different.

To be frank, everything I’ve been reading and watching about this reminds me too much of real problems I see day in and day out in corporate America that has already really put a bad taste in my mouth. I’m stuck seeing it 40+ hours out of the week to pay the bills. I don’t want to see the same BS from the company of my favorite game that is also costing me a good chunk of cash.

Anyway, it shouldn’t need to be said, but guilty until innocent is not OK. Banning without immediate details to the CSM (and preferably players) is not OK. It makes me ask, does CCP really care about the players as people, or at the end of the day will CCP CYA as policy instead of risking a hit to try and do the right thing out the gate? I have no respect for hasty action combined with silence. I have no respect for punishment while leaving the accused in the dark.

I’m glad CCP is now trying to be more transparent and give credit because it’s due there, but my opinion is it never should have gotten this far. A new due process needs to be created for CSM’s and their unique access and roles in the community. Out the gate, they should know what they are being accused of, that the account is frozen until due process can take place, and a third party company brought in to review the evidence (basically acting as a judiciary branch). Afterwards all proceedings should be put to public record for the community. “But a 3rd party could cost money and we’re a company after all!” Tough. That’s what I expect of CCP/EVE Online.

What CCP/EVE Online represents and everyone I play with are part of my extended geeky family. I think that’s why this bothers me the most. In our community, things shouldn’t be handled this way out of game. In game, fine, but not out of game.

3 Likes

The reality is, there are some players who are not just ‘Regular’ players - in and out of the game. Rubal is one of them. He being like you said the “Lobbyist - Lawyer” and such a prolific character in game is in a position - ( unlike the rest of us ) to being all holy hell to bare on CCP with ease. Most of us getting banned would not merit a blip in the big scene of things, but this one will be a whale of a issue to deal with. There has to be “Direct Evidence” to keep this Ban on such a character because anything less and Brisc ( and a few others ) can and will ( even just for GP and to prove a point ) cause real problems for CCP. But in any case a few phrases come to mind: Power corrupts - Absolute power corrupts absolutely. - Loose lips sink ships… Accidents ( aka - ■■■■ ) Happens! Which ever is the case, I’m not sure the Real truth will ever come out… Oh and - Money runs the world… :smiley:

1 Like

After all this articles CCP will have to present rock hard evidences or have to withdraw the Ban.

3 Likes

So what about all the other people who have had a ban without due process … do they have to be a politician to get a fair hearing ??. Or maybe when you understand that your process of issuing bans “now” and investigate "maybe " later means that everyone banned in the last 6 months need to be investigate for errors.

2 Likes

You know Eve Online has become too real when Eve Online is about to have its very own Mueller Report.

2 Likes

US lobbyist and lawyer was publicly accused and … ■■■■ hit the fan!

did it though?

Why? CCP doesn’t name him, they just say they banned a character for breach of EULA. The gaming media names him.

how can you be eve player and so naive :rofl:

dont know, how do you manage it?

Why on earth is the CSM being given sensitive data anyway? They’re EVE players.

1 Like