Devblog: Interim Statement on Brisc Rubal Follow-up Investigation

Me? I am waiting to see what comes out next week. But I do think that CCP and Icelandic culture is not real big on apologies. This is not a bad thing or a good thing, just an observation (sorry, being Canadian I make up for the slack)

m

16 Likes

I’m glad ccp is starting to take this seriously. No matter the outcome a personal attack on a player by basically doxxing is dangerous and could hurt anyone…these things shouldn’t happen…we are spaceship pilots no matter what side we are on and real life shouldn’t be afftected by space pixels, even from ccp.

I hope they attempt to avoid a repeat of a situation like this again and attempt to keep real life names from hitting the press…they havnt done this in bannings before since the mittani…and that felt like an attack as well.

Regardless I look forward to this being treated more professionally and a thorough investigation that comes to solid conclusions with facts instead of as of now unfounded serious allegations that have done real life harm. Maybe now ccp can look into policy to protect the privacy of its players to avoid doxxing… especially from ccp itsself.

Sorry all, just wanted to get this out. Just a bad situation as of now and I hope it’s taken seriously and we all move forward with a better understanding and something positive taken from this.

3 Likes

I am glad to hear this.

4 Likes

being overzealous on permanent bans of customers should always be reviewed effectively and communicated effectively, beit private or public, internal reviews… ahem i doubt there is much there, other then “its my game you cant play” its just not enough for consumer confidence nor confidence in CSM!

3 Likes

Guilty until proven innocent

8 Likes

LOL!!!

1 Like

In America - we are taught you are innocent until proven guilty. The reality is actually here and abroad that you are guilty until innocent! Innocent people are not in court LOL

Release the Rubal report. By the way I appreciate this transparency. I liked Brisc and whether he did it or not, I thought this was a shitty way to get rid of him. Unprofessional on CCP’s part.

6 Likes

Cart before horse.

I don’t think there’s been much of an uproar to un-ban anyone or ‘reneging on your procedures, practices and principles’ either. It’s more people just wondering what has happened.

2 Likes

Nah, they will be sent to work camp - they will be mining ore in a fricking corvette… till they mine 10B isk worth of it :stuck_out_tongue:

5 Likes

I hope they attempt to avoid a repeat of a situation like this again and attempt to keep real life names from hitting the press…they havnt done this in bannings before since the mittani…and that felt like an attack as well.

citation needed

CCP itself only used ingame names in their communication afaik. And if a player connects his ig with the RL persona on their own, it makes him or her not immune for bans (if now justified or not).

Well this makes the people from the previous thread that said CCP never acts without complete evidence look rather silly doesn’t it.

6 Likes

I will have much respect for CCP for reviewing this situation and if you have made a mistake then admitting you have done so.

8 Likes

lol…

color me surprised.

3 Likes

Unfortunately, regardless of the outcome, the only thing that will emerge from this affair will be a large question mark over the integrity of the CSM.
That’s a dark day for all of us, no matter which side of the argument you are on.
In the CSM, we have a unique vehicle for direct and meaningful interaction with the game devs for a game we are all passionate about.
Next year’s candidates, please bear this in mind.

There is no point of a CSM if they aren’t discussing sensitive data.

2 Likes

CCP should just replace most of the functions of CSM with direct voting from omega accounts. No need to have a representative democracy when most of the population of the game is informed about most of the mechanics. Plus i’m sure they could get some nice publicity for being the first “democratic game” - just a headline obviously, it wont be purely democratic.

5 Likes

Integrity and CSM do not go together. There have been way to many ‘incidents’ involving what really can only be explained as insider knowledge and trading.

As far as Brisc is concerned he has a right to be heard IN CHARACTER and IN GAME. That he choose to take this into RL and basically try and force CCP to do the same (which they thankfully did not do) should be reason enough to keep him out even if the events leading up to his ban are proven to be incorrectly applied.

The damage and fallout to the reputation of the game and CCP in this without them really able to counter is simply not acceptable IMO.

As far as CSM goes, it is an instrument of Nullsec and Goons with no regard for the game itself, the population in general or what may be good for others. CSM is a failed experiment and frankly not even the PR tool it was likely to be intended to be intitially.

CSM should not be a tool to scheme and plot in game events. the fact this has occured numerous times over the past years is reason enough to scrap it at least in it’s current form.

10 Likes

Now this is what I call a space opera.

10 Likes

As I have previously stated, I’ve had a hard time reconciling that the same group who held opsec for an entire year prior to the Fort Knocks campaign were also unable to do so with some simple (accused) market insider trading. I also thought that as Dopamine’s first big community kerfluffle, he might be less than experienced in certain aspects of EVE, aspects which may originate in more than one plausable explanation of what is being observed. The lack of a experienced Community Relations group was also evident.

The final judgment is still yet to be made, but I think we can all agree that improvements need to be made to correct observed problems in both clarity,amount of information shared, and codified procedures established to make this and all future incidences less confusing,upsetting, and more even handed. Everyone here has erred in the past; the best of us have learned to apologize, make ammends, and try not to repeat it in the future. This is true for both players and CCP. I welcome this devblog and look forward to a more detailed explanation and “final” ruling in the weeks ahead, either way it goes.

5 Likes

Have CCP seriously bottled it?

Or did Dopamine screw up bigtime?

Either way CCP could have some serious trust issues with the player base in the future.

1 Like