Devblog: Introducing a new tech demo - EVE: Aether Wars

So is EVE switching to being run on a cloud operating system or some sort of game streaming?

Well, except this is an event. The stress-test is planned during the GDC. Itā€™s expressly ā€˜an eventā€™. So, yeah, look for more media next week, and media types watching the stress testā€¦ and if it goes well, look for the media awareness to explode.

Not at this time. At this time, someone else is licensing EVE for a 1-time stress-test of their engine, and theyā€™re asking us to help stress it.

I need that ā€œEVE Foreverā€ graphic file as a backgroundā€¦ full resolution, CCPlease!

Itā€™s 1920x1080, do you need it in 4k?

I only ask becauseā€¦

e4e4k

Photoshopā€™s a thingā€¦

e4e4kbig

Someone didnā€™t read the entire post before opening their mouth.

ā€œAfter a super-productive summit with the CSM, weā€™re also developing plans to address key community concerns including capital balance (and balance in general), wealth distribution, war declarations and the abundance of ISK faucets in New Eden. We will of course also be continuing the never-ending war on botting and RMT and are currently in the process of setting up a sizable internal taskforce to look at botting in more depth.ā€

Shield Buffer Implant set.
T2 Ammo in Faction Guns.
Afk Cloaky camping.

CCP is listening to who? Theese are just some that we cry about for the past 5 years at least if not for more. With the current AFK Cloaky main thread having 1500 replies. CSM should sit down and talk about real stuff. Not Instant Space Skillbook Magic. Or solutions to non existing problems. How is a new game engine test that might never arrive under EVE is listening to the community?

2 Likes

The AFK Cloaky thread is only good for filling up your salt reserves and should not be looked to for any actual game design

1 Like

If you guys spend more than 3 minutes to look into this you will find their 1000 player test video. This will be probably the same but with EVE ships and not 1000 but 10000 players. 100% nothing to do how eve works right now. You will be testing a game engines stress capacity.

2 Likes

Both the dev blog and Hadeanā€™s FAQ about the test say this as well, Iā€™m not sure why you think you have found some secret knowledge

direct from the blog

2 Likes

Every time I read ā€œunprecedented cloudā€ ā– ā– ā– ā– ā– ā– ā– ā– ā€¦

1 Like

Lies! I saw plenty of clouds on Monday! They were dropping snow on me!

4 Likes

Fanboy all you want But do you really think this solves any of eves problems? At best this is a distraction another one of those things that makes it look like ccp is doing something when all they really got coming down the pike is more skins. So 10k fights are great and all that, but it would sure be wonderful if there was a dev blog on how they going to make small fights relevant again. Or maybe we could have an update on the
Capital proliferation or isk inflation or
Citadel spam etc. But go ahead you keep being distracted by the shiny little things they waive at you.

2 Likes

I donā€™t think this has anything to do with EVE, other than Hadean asking for EVE players to help them out.

THIS IS NOT SOMETHING CCP IS DOING. THE ONLY PERSON CLAIMING THIS IS SOMETHING CCP IS DOING IS YOU.

1 Like

Yea thatā€™s alot of depth right there. :roll_eyes:

Meh, it wont solve any of eveā€™s problems. I would just like to test the engine. You just never knowā€¦

1 Like

Interesting. The deep dark secret is that video games and pron drive internet tech. So this technology can be useful for other things.

Can we bring drone and missile boats? I ask because itā€™s drones & missiles that really put a load on the server. if they really want to put this new thing to the test, bring in the drone and missile boat assets.

Tried to click the image in the article, it didnā€™t link to bigger, assumed it was the small size it displayed it. Didnā€™t want to distort it. Sadly, both you posted have a little distortion in them due to resizing, even photoshop couldnā€™t keep that from happening (thus the request for originals/hd). However the 1920x1080 will work for now, can set it centered with a black background. Just didnā€™t want the small image as shown in the article.

1 Like

cap balance, large fight server stability, botting and isk faucets are 4 of the biggest issues out there. You need to actually follow through for any of this to matter, but acknowledging you understand the issue is the first step to making a difference. Youā€™re not off the hook for how bad the game has gotten yet, but iā€™ll stick around to see if you are serious about solving key issues.

Cloud will work well and it can auto scale with limitless capabilityā€¦ but urgh single threaded. No point having shiny infra if ā– ā– ā– ā–  like this is still in place