Devblog: Introducing The Activity Tracker

Come to wormholes, someone is always watching.

3 Likes

Once you get 2-3 filaments you can pretty much farm the abyssal sites themselves for the filaments. I know that because I’ve done a fair share myself. It still doesn’t make the data sites much more relevant, not to mention their value is almost none compared to relic sites.

2 Likes

I hope there’s a tracker for how many times I save the same damsel from distress…

5 Likes

Or how many times you’ve killed Dagan.

3 Likes

Isn’t it too late? Mentioning it will work as an incentive for people to follow the pattern of tasks presented in the Activity Tracker, trying to maximize their points according to the base of calculations in hopes for later compensation. The effects of a dog treat possibility could have the same effect as the certain knowlegde of receiving the treat - for some players at least. Good boy, did such a fine undock today, good boy - here have some SP.

4 Likes

@StonerPhReaK @Pleasure_Hub_Node-514
Good granny, some information is probably best to remain hidden and unknown. I don’t think I really want to know how many times I’ve been sent out to save that chick or hunt that dude down. That said, I know plenty of numbers boys and girls that are gonna be drooling over this for a bit.

1 Like

One man’s trash is another’s treasure.

2 Likes

I’m torn on this feature.

It’s a good way to track your own stats, but it will probably wind up imposing additional barriers on joining real corporations.

I really don’t want to see “Prove you’ve mined 600 Retriever loads of ore to join us” or “Prove you’ve been in 32 PVP encounters to join us” (although that latter does already exist in the form of killboards)

It will make spying harder, but I can adapt to that. Less spais = more effect per spai.

3 Likes

You could also try and just photoshop a ‘screenshot’ of your progress.

However, if CCP introduced ‘soulbound’ achievements like character portrait unlocks for completing mastery V on particular objectives…then that’s when things would get difficult for corp recruitment and spies.

just what i wanted to see just how many belt rats i have fried in all this time or the amount of veldspar mined

1 Like

@CCP_Chimichanga ? As in chimichanga time from Deadpool? Or chimichanga time from The Regular Show? Or some other reason rooted into an affection for deep fried burritos?

The People wants to know! :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Even then, more of a barrier to spying means less need to be diligent against spais, which I can exploit.

1 Like

I have a question. I have to run on a very low resolution as I am legally blind, and I am wondering if anyone else is running into this problem -

I can’t see everything in the tracker window, because it is blocked by all of my windows on top of it. Perhaps most folks with high resolutions can get all of the content to fit into the center of the screen, but for me, the overview blocks it - the chat window blocks it. Extremely annoying. I want to be able to click-and-drag to reposition the tracker window, but no go.

Ugh. Is this bothering anyone else - that you have to reposition all of your windows just to be able to see content? This is a horrible experience on my end so far.

1 Like

It comes down to UI element positioning, regardless of vision issues. I’m in a somewhat similar boat, one of the interns at work as well. It is not the first time in EVE’s history that CCP has allocated resources to something where - for whatever reason - they could not cater to anything other than optimal preconditions.

Personally I can’t see myself using the tracker for any more than a brief exploration. It’s a difference in play style, focus, user type and so on I suppose. I play EVE for its emergent behaviour qualities, the very thing that actually grows EVE sustainably, not for achievements or hooks for lootboxes.

When I first saw this all I could think of was Achievement system.

For new players this will be nice because they will have an in game reference to see what one can do in Eve.

One things for certain, when this goes live the -10 farm boys will be in a hurry to get the stamp of “badness” on it so people get ready as a race to the bottom is being planned.

Life is a waste of time. You might as well spend your allotted time in fantasy land.

1 Like

tuesday, no?

Can we get an in game tab that shows the broker fee percentage we arepaying. I know howto calculate it, but would be good to have the numbers in game

1 Like

My thought too, even though not on “this” toon.

1 Like