Devblog: Introducing the new EVE Online Forums!

You need the Basic badge. Scroll up from your original post and see the article I wrote on INN. A lot of info in there about the tutorials, but it begins with how to get Basic access.

We’re experimenting with a wide theme as well, if you want to give it a try.
Also pinging @Dirk_MacGirk for this.

1 Like

the old-old forums are not searchable . over the years devs had answered questions there , which are now lost and unsearchable . are the new-old forums going to have a search function ?

Oh yeah, digging it.

Ohhh, that’s much nicer!

OK simple question… back when the first devblog about the new forums was released, there was a mention that only one character per account would have a forum account and so we would need to choose who woudl get that single forum acount. Yet so far we’re able to pick which character logs into the forums, that is, each character gets its own forum account as before.

So, is this a permanent policy? Can we sitll use one forum account for each character in the user account? Forever?

If you read the most recent devblog, this was why the new forums were delayed until now, in order to allow time to develop a solution to this, because the original plan was one forum account per email address and there was tremendous outcry about the “you have to post with your main” effect of that plan.

1 Like

OK, thank you for the explanation. I gotta tell my budies…

Yep! :smiley:

Please include a way for us to bog down the database by mass liking the LAGL thread.

tia

Please no, I really don’t want these forums to self destruct just yet :stuck_out_tongue:

I’m not malicious. I just like to have fun with software.

The way discourse is designed, it will be quite hard to bog it down.

It’s just easier to bog users’ mobile browsers and data usage! :grin:

There is still eve-search.com