Devblog: New Launcher Changes Coming!

someone has probably asked this already BUT…

Is there a way to turn off the damn ads.
Can i resize the accounts list?, you know, to make the the only thing i see on the launcher.

1 Like

Well the ad’s call to action is to read that news post. Once again it would be nice if they exercised more granular control so such things don’t happen.

I put this out 13 days ago. The new design was only to bump up the viewership of the adds on the launcher. It is obvious when they take the auto launch feature away and put in the prime placement of the news and ad window.

I just wish these guys would be strait with us about it, instead its branded as a quality of life improvement.

You missed the fact that along with pushing more ads onto the launcher - if you want to launch one client, you now have to wait almost 2 mins for the launcher to launch the client… wtf is that all about?

1 Like

The new launcher has a really frustrating new ‘feature’: Unless you let it remember the account it will not save any profile or launch group assigned to it. Every time you start the launcher and add the account the profile reverts to the default profile and no launch group.

The old launcher quite happily remembered the assigned profiles without having to skimp on security by letting the launcher remember accounts.

Could we have that back?

1 Like

Yea, there is a setting that if you check it; it will do just that, remember the new accounts. But the autostart is dead. that won’t come back. We now need to look at all the ad prior to starting the game.

The new launcher completely messed with my log in experience. I came back to EVE after a week away for RL travel and tried to log in only to find I have to use “launch groups” which I cannot make work.

Accidentally deleted default setting. Doh!

Then tried to create a launch group and there is no clear option to add users to it. WTF?

Would be nice if you could just select the accounts and then right click “Add to Group x”. Nice new features, but it is VERY SLOW at startup.

DId you change the default delay between starting multiple clients? It is set at 2 seconds, so if you have many accounts, it takes a while. But you can turn this delay off by setting it to 0.

It’s more the launcher it self, not the starting of clients. Funny thing is, it’s not always slow. Like right now, it was pretty fast even.

+1 for that Question, i don´t understand that this is now a issue, when it worked fine with the old launcher?

Great job CCP! I just had to stretch this stupid piece of a launcher over the entirety of my 2 1080p screens in order to access more “cards” to find the card about the last economic report. Good job in obscuring information and making it harder to inform oneself about EVE. But it’s sooooo great that I keep seeing CCP Falcon’s face over and over and over again. You truly are amazing at your job.

News, Dev blogs, Read more Dev blogs…
Seriously, you are whining about a nearly 2 week old Dev blog not being on the front cards.

I’m complaining about that I had to extend the launcher to a ridiculous size to access a dev blog that used to be just a scroll away in the old launcher. I complain about that I have to go click and scroll through so many pages to access something that was easier accessible in the past. If you want to be an obedient sheep, go ahead. I will use my opportunities to complain about unintuitive, half-assed design where I can.

I wouldn’t even complain a lot about it if auto-complete worked properly for the eveonline.com page, but not even that is the case. https://www.eveonline.com/article/monthly-economic-report-february-2019 yields a 404, for instance.

Thanks CCP! I almost missed the info about the double SP weekend because your AMA ad pushed the SP weekend announcement out of view in my launcher. This user experience of the new launcher is truly marvelous.

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.