Devblog: New Launcher Changes Coming!

It is an auto launch for a new character. You should read it a little better.

Suggestion: when launching a group of accounts that already has one or more accounts running, do not show an error for those that are already running, but just show a green mark ā€œclient already activeā€

Under Launcher Settings I have checked ā€œAutomatically launch game on loginā€ but game is not launching automatically when I open the launcher application.

This feature was working fine before this updateā€” any chance on getting the game to auto-launch working again?

It says right under it,
ā€œStart game client when an account is added to the launcherā€

I had the beta too and that feature was never there.

The more I use the new launcher, the more horrid I find it.

Way too much advertising / (passive) messaging space.

Way too little usable space for accounts listing. Not to mention the sluggish scrolling and reordering of accounts.

I get the considerations, but this was a less than optimal implementation, to say the least.

1 Like

Since when is it possible to launch 2 instances of the launcher? I managed to do that just now, one with all accounts logged in, the other without any accounts. I started to enter all my account details again into the second instance and it did not tell me that I am already logged in in a launcher. Thatā€™s flawed.

If you already have to emulate the discord like menu, at least please make it possible to close that menu with ESC like in discord.

Yay, and the launcher still does not update automatically ā€¦ but at least Refresh works to trigger the updateā€¦

1 Like

Itā€™s been possible since I joined Eve a year ago, at least - although I donā€™t know if thatā€™s just because I run on Linux via WINE.

after 10-15 minutes of caviar an error pops up (the socket has been closed) and this is after the restart of the servers

@CCP_Avalon
grafik

Look what I just found. 2 ads in the launcher about the same worthless waste, blocking out more important dev blogs.

Whoever is responsible for this needs to be fired.

we never used to have a launcher at all, and in those days you could always log in as long as the server was online, you just had a separate folder for each client you wanted to launch, i used to have an icon on each monitor and when you clicked that icon it launched eve on that screen. it was so simple and reliable, and then we got a launcherā€¦

2 Likes

I never even noticed that since back then I never had a need to log in more then one account period. Even after I created my 1st marketing alt, I simply got my ā– ā– ā– ā–  to station, logged of off 1 account, logged onto the otehr. Done and done and that was that. There were no multiboxing requirements.

I meant to post this last week, but just adding my bit anywayā€¦ as a Linux user, Iā€™ve had lots of annoying problems with the launcher in the past and I was worried that the only feature Iā€™d get to see is a lot of new bug content. Instead, itā€™s been working perfectly for me, so far anyway. I like the new look too, some may call it needlessly fancy but I do expect a slick interface when Iā€™m playing a space game.

I also donā€™t see any ads at all, but that might be a bug.

2 Likes

Iā€™m on Mint 17.3 on a very old PC, and the new launcher running under Wine crashes on start-up 40%* of the time, but works perfectly the other 60%*. Iā€™m not complaining, itā€™s just a data-point for anyone interested.

* very approximately

1 Like

any news when the launcher willl start to remember profiles again???

its getting realy anoing having to pick the profiels again evereytime you restart the launcher

protip: maybe add a ā€œSAVEā€ button to the settings?!?!

And another double advertisement outside the ad box that pushes more important information out of view again. So, now that the statement this is a launcher has been abundantly debunked by CCP, can we please rename this to Ad Billboard? Anything else is misleading.
Worst of all: Some dev or poor intern had to waste time on writing 5 lines on a separate page for something that is abundantly self-explanatory on the offer page. So that ad is a bad one in all regards, too.

This is what are you doing:

The first slot is a carousel that rotates between ads, and is technically the only ad. The second slot is the first item in the News feed. The problem arises because there is a news article out that functions as the explanation for the ad. I am not saying this is a good design but just explaining why you are seeing this double issue.

My big concern is what happens tomorrow? Will the news item disappear? Will we get advertised the Valentines day sale for weeks to come? Hopefully not.

I have and still suggest that in the Post metadata also contains whether it should appear in the launcher at all, or when it should stop appearing in the launcher (I donā€™t think it should be removed from the news feed on the website, as that functions as a sort of record).

I also wish they put the word ā€œAdā€ under the first item so people properly understood that this slot was the ā€œadā€ slot and the rest are the ā€œnewsā€ slots.

I also wish they added links to things like Fiction.Eveonline.com if we are talking about itā€¦

2 Likes

So youā€™re saying itā€™s beautiful? :wink:

I know how it works, but thanks for the explanation. :slight_smile: The funny thing is that both ads in the screenshot link to the same page. They both go to the news article where you have to click a link to get to the actual offer page. So, itā€™s not even like the ad carousel goes directly to the offer. Itā€™s 2 times the exact same thing. That is what annoys me so much. Well, and the fact that I now see 2 ads and no dev blogs. There should be no ads in the news section at all in order to avoid that kind of situation. Ads are not news. Make a new section in the articles page, for all I care, where you can post ad articles that show up in the carousel

Not directly related to the launcher but now CCP even spams me with mails about this Valentines sale. In the past I got only 1 mail per account, now I got 3 on one account.