Devblog: Skills On Demand - Changes Coming To The Skill System!

I have the feeling this change will make things more complicated not simpler …

10 Likes

If all ships and modules have their fair pricing(which they do except titans,in my opinion) then why change skillbooks price at all? Dreads,which are powerful assault ships skillbooks cost 125 mil iirc. They can kill other ships easily too. You didn’t give an example in the blog on how it is ‘not fair’ to charge skills the ISK they cost now. I stand by what I say: reduce the titan skillbooks a wee bit.

1 Like

This is pointless. If someone doesnt have the time to fly 3 jumps to buy a skillbook that they only have to buy once. They dont deserve to learn it. This is just lazy and makes 0.0 live easier. Instead of this. You guys should take a look at auction contracts and how they work. I bet none of you ever had 15+ active auctions. Now thats confusing not skills.

19 Likes

My thoughts exactly. But think of the outrage if they just replaced market skillbooks… one doesn’t just walks into Mordor (for a cookbook).

3 Likes

So, when can we start rolling our toons to start in delve after char creation?

11 Likes

Will remote injection of skillbooks also be included in this? It might make sense to make the higher-intensity skills less common to allow a thriving skill market to continue. ie, t2/capital skillbooks are unavailable for training queue purchase, but are now only available from a select number of lowsec schools.

3 Likes

This will not include remote injection of skill books purchased via market. Only skills purchased via the char sheet will be auto-injected.

2 Likes

Didnt say anything about remote, but if you can buy from sheet, you can choose to buy and train skill. So there is that option.

1 Like

Counter proposal: Increase the price of the titan skill book to 100B and strip every single pilot in EVE who has trained that skill of all the skill points, make them unallocated and the injected skill. That way we will enjoy a good user experience again in EVE.

Yes, you do exactly that because purchasing where you are right from the sheet is much more convenient than flying to Jita or a school, injecting and flying back. It will also be cheaper than what you see as resell price for skills in your alliance stagings because you basically destroy the margin with that option.

With this change we want to ensure the best of both worlds. We don’t want the need to travel to gather skills posing a barrier to training and we want to ensure that pilots spend less time obtaining skills to train and more time out there enjoying their time in New Eden.

Do you set another precedent right here?`Acquiring secondary skills is a core principle of EVE’s user experience. Good to see that you at least name things directly that you want to remove or reduce.

Also: What traveling? Almost any skill that a noob needs is available in school stations. By the time they branch out into different races or professions, they already should have a solid understanding of how traveling and the market works in EVE. And if not … Well, why should they stay in the cluster? They are just dead meat.

16 Likes

You didn’t answer, this change represents direct market manipulation (prices and availability) by CCP - where is this going to lead us?

5 Likes

Its not titans that ruined this game but citadels.

1 Like

It doesnt affect availability. Anything that was on market will still be there

I was gonna go tongue-in-cheek about how terrible it is that you guys might make things easier on newbies so they don’t have to walk to school through chest-deep snow, uphill, both ways, but then Cpt WhiteEye posted basically exactly that and meant it…

So, you know, good job guys, I completely support this change. Complexity is good when it presents opportunities, not when it’s just a needless hurdle to jump over.

9 Likes

@CCP_Affinity
So what about us that have billions and billions invested in market seeding skillbooks in Nullsec. Just because CCP fancied changing the manner of which they do the skillsheet, we should be a a massive financial loss?

This does not seem fair in the slightest as nobody will buy skillbooks other than from character sheet unless they are vastly overpriced. If you have a pricing plan, I would be interested to see it. Not sure why taking trade out of the game would or even COULD be considered a positive game change.

7 Likes

The first time I ever got highsec ganked, I was moving skillbooks because I didn’t know better. :frowning:

1 Like

yes it does, you had to travel or buy from a re-seller before

Still can if you want to

/whoosh…

But why would anyone want to after this cnage? Thats the point. They just made lazy people happy. They dont have to go 3-15 jumps for skills. They just throw some isk at it and be happy.

8 Likes

This will be put an upper limit to trade of skillbooks? How much will the price of the character skills be? Please clarify CCP

1 Like