Remote Inject Skillbooks

Hello, community other thread for us to look tho. I think it’s time we allow remote injected skill books. You buy a book in empire and should be allow too remote inject it like skill points. It makes no different then the fact it will sit on your alt dock page waiting to be trained.

It makes a huge difference since ti means the books have to be moved or you have to move to it.

It’s something that should have been done along side remote injecting of SP just to save the future hassle of patching it in. IMO we shouldn’t have been able to do that either, but since we can may as well do both. They lost any sort of reasoning they had to not allow this when they allowed for remote use of injectors.

1 Like

this take out a way a good chunk of eve makes their isk

-1 for promoting laziness

3 Likes

Say what? I never realized skill books were such hot items, nor that “a good chunk” of the playerbase was in on it.
Could you at least put some effort into this troll post? This was just pure laziness from you. I’m disappointed.

Seriously though, this wouldn’t even make a blip on the economic radar.

1 Like

it’s not a troll post you can make a lot of isk for the low effort of moving LS books to jita… why do you think there are so many on sale there? people doing it out of the kindness of their hearts?

2 Likes

Confirming i just bought overpriced skill books for my alt.

Am lazy.

4 Likes

This should have never made it into EVE, neither remote or local.

4 Likes

As if the :credit_card: vault was not bad enough already. :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

Oh, I completely agree. It cannot be understated how much I HATE injectors existence within this game. But now that it’s here as well as remote injection I see no reason to not just go full monty. When they took that first step it was only a matter of time till this step was taken.

When I first learned of it I made a post saying to just remove general skillbooks (ones that don’t just come from drops) at let us buy directly from our character tab. I even said increase the price of all the skillbooks to increase the isk sink that it is while they’re at it.

Another very stupid addition to the game.

2 Likes

I really don’t have a problem with the PLEX vault. You could easily get around physically removing it before so it’s not like anything has changed (except for perhaps there are less new players ganked carrying PLEX).

Honestly, I sometimes wonder if you people aren’t actively looking for ways for new players to get frustrated and quit the game…

1 Like

No, I just hate super cap proliferation and uncontrolled isk faucets. Which is exactly what injectors gave us in spades in conjunction with new mining outputs and increased efficiency in carrier/super ratting.

FYI - 46 characters training for a month gets you a perfect Titan or Super pilot. ~22 gets you one that’s passable depending on your standards. Exactly how many sp farm toons do you think exist?

The question becomes, are these new players we are keeping that would have otherwise quit worth what we have lost in terms of game health and people leaving due to how the game has changed so drastically since their coming into existence? Also, does it truly even matter anymore?

Except it’s not just new players carrying plex or skill books for that matter.

The desire to put people in a position of risk has nothing to do with their age or experience.

1 Like

Not sure what to tell you. CCP obviously did it for a reason, so I assume there were some metrics indicating it would help with new player retention (and of course, the inevitable salt from veterans).

1 Like

how exactly did you get around moving it from say jita to amarr?

Sure. Because every change in the game is all about new player retention.

That’s why we got faction capitals.

You would ask me that… I know when you bought PLEX from CCP you could put off redeeming it immediately. So if you were in Amarr you could travel to Jita first then redeem it there (maybe that’s what I was thinking of).

i’m talking about buying plex in jita and selling it in amarr. it was risky but good isk as you could hold a lot of plex in a relatively small ship like a T3 or inti and generally make 50-200mill per plex depending on the market and you skills/faction standings

I guess you can still do that - just with less risk now!

Can confirm that. I used to make a lot of ISK by trading skillbooks in one of the old tradehubs. It is still excellent ISK making if you can seed the market of one of the nullsec power blocks. Of course it is also trivial to maintain a clone in highsec and jump over if you need some additional skillbooks

I can understand CCPs commercial motives for safeguarding plex and skill injectors, but outside of those: HTFU.

2 Likes