Devblog: Skills On Demand - Changes Coming To The Skill System!

There will still be room for profit.

There will be a percentage added on top of the price, to use skills on demand.

2 Likes

Disgusting idea.
Letā€™s do this:
Make a button that will allow for the ISK to move to any point of the New Eden.

In general, I propose to remove a lot of things extra in this game !!! Too much extra !!!

4 Likes

Itā€™s not ALL skills that are being done like this. Just core skills

2 Likes

Its still direct market manipulation - did the CSM think this was good?

2 Likes

How much? 1, 2 , 5, 10% I currently easily sell skillbooks with a 100% or more margin

Donā€™t bother trying to figure this one out guys. Itā€™s simply a way for them to remove isk from the game.

5 Likes

This is an interesting change, one that I would say is a QOL improvement.

For new players without any sort of resource-backing from veterans, they could spend the time to source for the core skills at standard pricing so as to save ISK. For those who simply want convenience or have the backing of resource-rich players, they can simply purchase and inject the skills directly at a premium.

For veterans looking to create more cyno alts or whatever alts, this would save a lot of time by potentially reducing the number of clicks needed to train for the target purpose to justā€¦ I donā€™t know, less than a dozen? 3 per ship/module necessary? With this, I feel that I am further and further away from EVEMon (but still not replacing it as an out-of-game tool).

However, as highlighted by a few others, in order to retain the tradeability of the core skillbooks, I would imagine the mark-up of this service to be considerable. However, I would like us, the players, to consider from the point of risk-vs-reward.

Carrying a load of high-price skillbooks in cargo also carries the risk of losing them. You would have to pay for services or for a method to ferry these pricey skillbooks across long distances, or you would pay with your skills, time, and sunken ISK to be able to jump clone back and forth. Introducing the mark-up to be comparable to these investments would seem reasonable.

As always, there will always be people who has a lot of resources but no time, or has a lot of time but no resources. This service would definitely help those players stranded in deep space (and likely to have deep pockets too) to pick up new core skills without the need to risk their ratting time or CTA time. Mark-up away, reasonably~

4 Likes

@The_Mad_Jester Just took the words out of my mouth. Itā€™s a sink of the player markup.

1 Like

You dont get it do you? Theese skills cost nothing. You can double or triple the price and i would still use the intant inject from the sheet. That absolutely defeats the need to buy from market. It doesnt matter what % you add to it.

You live in a WH and forget to inject cloacking to ur new character.
This would require you to go out or get a skillbook in from market.
Not after this. You can jsut sit in a wh inject whatever you need. And no you wont think about it. A book that costed 5 milion still worth buying at 50 milion if you are in need of it. And no one will be able to beat that.

9 Likes

Action devised with input from the GSM.

ā€“Yeah, Gadget spelled that right

6 Likes

Thatā€™s not it - if you follow the logic of this change - next we will be buying ships (hi new Titan) remotely from CCP, bypassing the market, and completely wrecking itā€¦

7 Likes

Citadels and titans. The proliferation of both, forcefully encouraged by CCP and the GSM, is destroying any kind of fun you could have.

7 Likes

Any time that CCP change something, itā€™s market manipulation.

Do I think itā€™s good? Yes, Because itā€™s hardly engaging game play to have to go buy a skill book.

7 Likes

Gas Cloud Harvesting skill should probably be the first for skill price re-balance. The price is ridiculous for new alpha players (24m is nothing for veterans, but frightening for newbies).

4 Likes

Man, the level of reading comprehension being displayed by posters ITT is the lowest Iā€™ve seen in quite some time. Read the devblog before kneejerking all over the internet, please.

15 Likes

But it was engaging game play to SELL the books.

ā€“Gadget strikes one more staple from the list

10 Likes

Unless that percentage is literally 30 or 50%, there is no profit left really in providing skills elsewhere than schools.

Thatā€™s not something I can talk about yet.

The CSM isnā€™t here to make announcements for CCP. when they release the percentage, then I can talk about the numbers.

2 Likes

@Steve_Ronuken Which is why I suggested shifting high-value skills to select systems. Consider what happened with excavator BPCs only being available from a few outer ring NPC stations.

Not the best idea. Reasons:

• you have to learn the marked system (at least the basics), better you learn that by making misstakes, while buying basic core skills, than later with expensive ā– ā– ā– ā– .
  • you remove one more reason to learn to travel. the new player will stay in the starting system and will get bored because he didnā€™t know there is something outside of that system. If you travel 4 or 5 jumps, because you have to, you will see other places.
  • what exactly will make that system easier in understanding the skill system? It is still the same system, you just cut off the opportunity to push the new player into the new world.

All in all you just favour the lazy player, that complains about to travel 3-4 jumps. Will you also generate or move other content, so the lazy player donā€™t need to leave his starting system? May be you can also ad an option to rat or mine remotly so that lazy guy donā€™t need do leave the station.

Donā€™t get me wrong, personaly as a longer playing person, I would love that new system (because Iā€™m lazy, and i have learned to travel and to read the marked), but i would also love to get tons of ISK without doing anything. -> not everything a player likes to have, makes sense.

5 Likes