Devblog: Spring Balance Update Incoming!

Because it’s still the best mining ship by far.

You are not game developers. You are not CCP. I trust you guys to organize space to play in or to achieve in game results.

That does not mean you get to dictate our play style or play choices.

This does not mean I trust that you don’t have an agenda or that agenda doesn’t work for how I want to play the game.

It might work out in your Meta level game play but it might not work out on the line member level of game play.

So I should just eat it and have a shittier time playing this game because it helps out you guys?

1 Like

Exactly. While this nerf will obviously have a negative impact on anyone flying one of the nerfed ships, it will be better for the game and everyone in the long run. Including you.

In my opinion it’s better to be rich in a functioning game than to be slightly more rich in an unbalanced game that cannot keep new players around when those players are unable to make any money without super or rorqual.

You’re right, we’re not. But we can certainly endorse things they do, which is what ‘put our weight behind’ means. We’re not dictating anyone’s play style or choices. If you don’t trust that what a group’s leadership is doing is in your best interests, why are you part of that group?

What you’re saying in your posts, and this is how it’s coming off, is that no Goon should ever feel anything other then what Goon leadership tells them to feel, or that no Goon should disagree because if they disagree with something a Goon Leader thinks, they don’t trust Goons.

That is ■■■■ and ■■■■ logic.

I do not care if Goon Leadership puts their weight behind this. Them/you putting your weight behind game changes that benefits you/them at the Alliance level does not translate directly to benefiting me at the line member level.

So when I say that this is a bad change/ I want to hear from Eve players/ let’s try to get this change reversed that comes from the point of view of a line member.

You coming in and trying to throw your weight around, one isn’t going to work because at the end of the day you are a leader of a video game alliance and don’t have the right or power to stop me from reacting to or trying to resist a change to a game that I pay hard earned money for. Two comes off as insincere and frankly hostile.

So Arrendis, you can say all you want or try to assure you that Goons has our best interest in mind, at the end of the day, as a line member I still am getting shafted. I’m still being affected by this.

No, what I’m saying is: your alliance is led by people who make it their business to understand how things like this impact the game. And they have a long history of doing that, and being right. That’s why we put people like Aryth and Innominate on the CSM ticket.

And what is bad for our line members is bad for the alliance. Understand that right now: nothing is good for the alliance if it is bad for our line members, because our line members are the alliance. Our jobs are basically ‘take care of you guys’. That doesn’t always mean ‘give you what you want’, though. Often, what people want is not what is actually good for them.

You are not getting shafted. This change, in both the long- and short-term, is in your best interests.

1 Like

The latest version of Factorio is awesome. Just sayin’.

2 Likes

Because you are trying to create a false narrative of nothing but nerfs when there was actually a huge buff first. They gave too much of a buff which resulted in people wanting the shiny and then have had to nerf it for balance as players show where it is broken.
Players going for a clearly overpowered fotm ship know what they are doing. Especially when it is a capital ship. and this crying is over toys not being the I win button anymore.

You don’t understand what inflation is and you’re trying to substitute your judgment for the guys who run your group.

OK.

So why on earth, would you make the post you did previously, considering all the knowledge and expertise you have in this area?

How does reducing the means of production decrease inflation?

Decreasing the money supply decreases inflation. You’re conflating the minerals and the isk generation.

Inflation - increase in cost of good or services.

Inflation comes in several forms:

One is caused by the demand outpacing the production means. By reducing ISK generation and ore production you negate the ability to counter this inflation.

Basically by lowering production, prices should increase once the effect is felt. This could be counter acted by demand decreasing.

Demand in EVE is unique. Demand in Eve is caused not only by ISK generation(people having more money to spend/ being able to spend it) but also by actual necessity. In Eve it’s a special economy because people have a capability to print money(PLEX) there by changing some of the dynamics of inflation.

If demand stays level( either through the increase use of Dreads, increase in Sub Cap piloting, or deaths of Rorqs/players PLEXing), Ore production lowers(reduction in Mining Yield), then there will be a 0 gain on inflation or growth on inflation.

The other area of inflation is further proof that this will increase inflation not decrease it - it’s called Cost Push Inflation - that means when production costs are increased(ability of Rorqs to die, ability to lose Excavators, reduction in mining yield) then inflation increases.

So in both areas inflation doesn’t decrease.

The problem with your thought process is you’re equating Eve to real life market, where people cannot print their own money, only Governments.

So if something is wrong with what I am saying, please point it out.

This is where I am saying if the goal is to reduce ISK faucets and inflation there are a number of different methods that would help while at the same time not impacting one portion of your population more then the other.

What’s wrong with what you’re saying is that because there’s no independent authority controlling money supply, ISK becomes a commodity like any other. That means that as ISK becomes less plentiful, people become less willing to part with it frivolously, which applies downward pressure on prices.

Except the influx of PLEX keeping ISK readily available.

At the same time, as new ways are developed to rat with subcaps/dread pilots, ISK availability will increase, increasing demand, while production is still lower. So what happens in that scenario? Inflation!

I get the point of view your coming from, but as PLEX is a way to introduce new ISK without any ramifications for the in game market, you becomes an offsetting force.

In truth if CCP wanted to regulate Inflation they should control the PLEX market. They should only allow buying or selling of PLEX(in game, not out of game, I know they already do that) from them. They should have mechanisms to buy Plex from players for ISK, and sell PLEX for ISK. This would give a handy tool to truly regulate inflation.

A straight SP refund would be nice. I’ve been training and injecting into carrier + rorqual but with the announced changes I’m feeling regret all over the place now, those things take a long time to train or a decent amount of skill injectors to reach after all.

3 Likes

PLEX does not add a single ISK to the game. It does not create ISK.

welcome to eve, where everyone trains stuff and ccp (justly) nerfs them.

2 Likes

Fuq. =(
Wish they moved away from this skill training system already. Training skill for x months only to have them nerf my goal feels so bad.

4 Likes