Devblog: Spring Balance Update Incoming!

Just came on to say that this focus on balance is excellent. As a 03’ player I can say that my faith in CCP balancing has been renewed after seeing you focus on other things in the past few months.

As far as feedback goes, I think Olmeca Gold wrote an interesting piece on it on Reddit, I agree with his viewpoint in principle.

Full discussion on this reddit thread:

1 Like

Thank you CCP. This could be a great one step to rebalance whole game.
So far this game seemed supercaps online because of supers combat capabilities on the field against subcaps. Current situations that even the titan can hit and one shot kill frigates with HAW, is insane and awful to be honest. In subcaps fight you can’t handle smaller ships with bigger ships generally, but supercaps can do it easily and is devastating whole game mechanics.
Some may object for this updates but originally you have to take something risk to earn something. If you surely afraid of losing your supers while ratting, you can use sensor boosters by sacrificing other mid slots. So, this game is based on trade-off from the begging. People may remeber it with this updates.
I’m even planning to have supers from now on for both purpose of PVP and PVE, but I agree with this updates and convince this could be the great one step to improve game experiences.

If buy adapted you mean completely stopped using them?

I have only see ECM at all on a failed carrier gank attempt. …yeah they could stomp the fighters, they couldn’t stomp the 15 caracal response from next door.

1 Like

can we Change the Description “Super Capital” to “its complicatet”??

As someone that played before Fozzie got his hands on capital balance, I can tell I liked that game better. Apparently a lot of people did, because a lot of people (myself included for a couple years) have quit since then.

Carriers have been broken, Supers are even worse, and there was prolonged screaming that Rorquals were going to be “WAY” to much.

By the way I was both a dread and carrier pilot when we could combat refit, the state of the game was significantly better.

2 Likes

As a small point of order.

Cyno inhibitors won’t kill a lit cyno, they sill stop if from cycling. So if an attacking gank drops one the correct response it to lit your cyno before it onlines, from there you now have a 10 minute window that any fleet member with a jump drive can land on.

Funny I saw rorqs all of them all of the time.

1. the turbo nerd that had his rorq out crushing for his 40 man hulk fleet in a mega bubbled system

2. You likely have never had to fuel 170 POSs before the days of fuel blocks, most of the logi crew in my old alliance used rorqs for exactly that

Back when IRC used to live in Cobalt Edge we use to hunt them actively. So yeah, there were rorqs around, there was no point in flying 8 of them at once.

There is enormus stcks of ISK at old players …

That changes are coming now when huge alliances have accumulated huge volumes of ISKs and in the next few years no one will be able to compete with funds and fleets. Well, new players can only look at the big distance they do “big guys”.

You have made the perfect way to move new players and knock the game down…

As they said:“We am not here to play the game, we are here to ruined game for you”

3 Likes

I like the changes overall becous they are not that much drastik.

But there are 2 things i dont agree.

1st the changes to the HAW from Titans.

The weapons are not that much better compared to the cost from a titan to a carrier or a HAW dread. If you make the changes to them you just make titans worse again and they are the drawers toys again. Also on there own the guns are worth nothing with that change.

2nd the changes to the NSA from carrier concerning the dont warp rule. The changes to a carrier is just not good because it needs to be controlled in fleet fights like the siege. And it makes also t1 carrier much more vulnerable than a supercarrier in pve and pvp. Also the NSA cycle is far too long for not be able to warp. A 20 sec cycle should do the trick and very much carrier get killed.

thats the Point duo to imba blob´ndrop tactics its easy nuff to kill caps and subcaps also rorqs. why nerf em even more?? you whant them to die more often?? well we owners dont whant it.

Funny enough

That is a kill from 2011. Years before HAW turrets, and from the SR turret with the worst tracking. People very well did kill subs with capital turrets. Blap dreads were a thing as well. Titans were never, ever “worse”.

PL and NC used to drop them +30 at a time on …well everything… and those titans didn’t even have bosuns, at that time they could still target 7 targets and DD subcaps.

…and they were nerfed for doing too well against subcaps.

As to the NSA nerf

I will wait till I can tinker on the SiSi

But again, as an old school carrier pilot we used to carry three complete fits

1. for spider tanking
  2. for triage (saving supers usually)
  3. and one for damage/tank

When “big toys” were coming out (all armor all of the time) a lot of the time the thannys in fleet would be all ReSeBo for the mids so we could boost the supers and titans into a usable scan res range.

So I am middle of the road on the NSA change, I am going to miss my “I win” button, but as I noted above the new fighters are WAY WAY to flexible, even without the crutch of the NSA I can maintain that income stream if need be.

That you won’t be able to pounce with a super blap a cruiser and warp away before they figured out what happened to them. I don’t see that as a bad thing. If you must jump a Super and a pair of carriers to accomplish the same thing? More power to ya.

1 Like

Besides the Procurer and the Skiff, the barges are flying paper bags.

My original design for the PANIC module was that it would be like a temporary POS shield, protecting the barges around the Rorq.
That would mean you could net a whole mining fleet or it could be saved.

Ideally, you want the Rorq on grid, the barges having a slightly higher rate of ore gain vs their cost than the Rorq because the Rorq has so much more intrinsic value.
For one thing by compressing ore and pulling in the cans of the other miners, it can reduce the trips of a transport ship that is going between the Rorq and a citadel.

If the other barges were not so paper thin, the Rorq could repair them against some small nuisance blops and bomber runs.

The cost vs rewards are not close enough to have a diverse fleet.

1 Like

Would you prefer if these changes came now or somewhere in the future? It sounds like you’re bitter it hasn’t happened before, but I’m pretty sure CCP cannot change things in the past. So I’m happy they’re changing it now; better late than never!

Also, why do you think the smaller guys cannot do much to catch up with the big guys? To me it seems the income sources for especially those huge alliances have been targeted and reduced. The smaller guys like me now get a lot more value for mining in barges or ratting in subcaps. Sure, the big guys have been able to build up reserves, but those aren’t unlimited.

Ahhh, so you just want to keep easy mode…got it.

Rorqs mine too much, supers rats too much… but its CCP who gave them this abilities with unlimited spawn of ore and combat anomalys. Yes, they reduced their spawn rate up to several minites for most top, but previasly it also were they who rise their numbers from 5 per level to 7 per level. They all time crying about too much power up of capital ships for ratting but noone mentioned that there are too much points to rat and mine. Ore becomes cheaper, aspecial null-sec types… but they are also able now in hi-sec via moonmining in almost unlimited numbers. And after all that nerf they will cry that null-sec so much uninhabite. Why?

2 Likes

The fix for cloaky camping that I like best is also an easy one (easy for CCP to implement, and easy for users to adjust to):

Apply a timer to the cloak module – similar to the timers we have on a million other modules, except it’s click-once-per-activation.

We already have to click the cloak module once after gating into a new system. So just have activation last for some length of time and then turn off. If a user is at their keyboard, they can immediately turn it back on, and if they aren’t and don’t re-click, they decloak. Doesn’t break system-to-system gating mechanics. Not consuming fuel means ship cargo bay sizes and the like wouldn’t be affected. Although I’d like to see a timer length of 5 minutes or so, it could even be an hour or more, and would still serve it’s purpose.

1 Like

Because any time you take someone’s cookie away, they don’t like it.

2 Likes

But instead take their cookie back they wanna sew up our mouths to eat less

2 Likes