Devblog: Update On Chat System Issues

same problems here on all accounts. :imp:

If I can have two weeks, that would be lovely.

:dagger:

no chat at all here, I’m blind dammit!

It will because you will win EvE.

I dont dont mind not having a local. It is all the other chat, private channels, aliiance, corp and so on.

Some issues here… all chat channels dont work

Love the no local anywhere, but am missing the social channels like Blueprints and Ships though. Any chance this gets fixed during dt?

Edit: Seems server restart did the trick. Channels are working again, no idea if Jita is live though.

Dear CCP,

I love how you can still surprise us. Please have a very very long weekend, maybe some winter vacations after that. Really appreciate the absence of free local intel.

edit: It’s possibly the best anti-botting measure to date.

1 Like

I know, right? ZKill is going absolutely MENTAL with the botters dropping like flies since 02:15 this morning! I watched one guy go through two systems in five minutes and obliterate two entire mining fleets (at least 20 ships including a porpoise and an orca) with just ONE ship.

1 Like

Ok first of all, I’m going to preface this with I’ve been around since 05’ and I have seen you guys go through some low points.

How the *** is it that you’re able to break such a critical system, and that it goes unresolved for weeks on end.

AND more importantly

WHERE the **** is your community manager and why have they not liaised with the community about the situation. A shitty “we’re sorry” dev bog post from 2 days ago is the only communication we get now ?

You say your updating the chat subsystems to future proof them…news flash…you won’t have a future if this is the level of engagement you have with your community when issues occur and this the standard you hold yourselves to with regards to the quality of your updates you push out the door.

Just roll it back to the legacy system FFS

1 Like

Cool story bro.

The community managers?

Yeah they layed most of them off last year.

Its just CCP “HTFU BLUE” Falcon left.

1 Like

For someone claiming to have been around since 2005 you seems awfully unaware of how CCP operates. Or perhaps you meant to say that you are just a 13-year old sperging on the forums?

1 Like

Also There is One ccp dev that has posted in Devblog: Update On Chat System Issues Just click on the Dev Post link in the top right corner.

What’s going to happen? Bets are open:

1. nothing since it’s all fine again
  2. nothing since nothing ever happened
  3. nothing since something happened but nothing will happen user-side so nothing will happen
  4. Omega accounts will be able to download within the next 72hrs a free impairor skin “chattah”
  5. …?
1 Like

That’s why I said to implement it as a beta function. If after some months the “beta” chat is stable and most players are using it instead of the old chat, then it’s A-OK to remove the old chat. This way the key chat services are never interrupted nor thrown udner the bus of a new service never tested under EVE’s exacting conditions.

I bet Amazon was interested to know whether their AWS cloud could keep up with EVE’s chat demands, maybe they even arranged a special price, but the ones who have been losing in the experiment it’s been EVE players and CCP.

The chat is too important to have it broken for anything between 10 and 16 months.

3 Likes

With a bit of luck the contract with PA contains some clauses about incompetent management and service disruptions.

So how long until local works again this time? I really love Eve but this is getting old.

1 Like

They already said something about chat system is being looked at and to be patient or whatever and junk. So, maybe be patient? idk, just sayin’ :smiley: