Devblog - Updates to The Agency, Journal, and Agent Finder

Do you see all escalation you hadbefore this patch has been applied? I’ve lost at least 2 escalations (they are not listed in this new abodmination)

Yes, you should have them all, check under combat or sites if not on siggested. Otherwise you will need to submit a customer support ticket.

I’m here from the complaints department. WHY THE HELL DID YOU JUST HIDE EVERY SINGLE RESEARCH AGENT?! Your new “interface” has absolutely no way to even find research agents let alone check which specializations they handle. Established characters are somewhat okay… alts that still need to pick up a research agent are in for a much worse time and hopefully there is some 3rd party resource that isn’t subject to this stupidity.

Also, that hard cap of 12 agents displayed is really bad when you are trying to find which stations serve as mission hubs with 5+ agents for a corporation and thus need to see everything for that corporation. Then on top of that the stupid map in the background that doubles the information on the side is distracting, SLOW, and takes up far too much valuable screen real estate.

4 Likes

Thanks for submitting the bug report, we are investigating just now how this has happened as it should not.

How does a 100% occurrence bug showing empty strings on opening the interface make it to commit?

2 Likes

Could it be possible that the new system works properly only for escalations raised after tha patch has been applied?

Also a second question - I am 100% sure you will fix this bug soon. Yet what about these escalations that cannot be run and will expire before the fix has been applied? F.e. I’ll lose a Guri 4/10 site in a hour

(The timer on this screen is for a Guri Vigil escalation, not for a dying 4/10 site)

2 Likes

My theory is, I ■■■■■■ up!

Going to test this theory in a bit, but I think this is happening for all instances of escalations that were in the Journal before the patch.

1 Like
  1. That is what I am thinking.
  2. Submit a support ticket for escalations that will be missed because of this.
1 Like

I find the removal of the Agent Finder to be a large step backward in gameplay. The ‘Agency’ does not provide the range of agent locating services that was available with Agent Finder. For one example, locating ‘Storyline Agents’ so that one can work on a specific corp’s standing while improving faction standing, is not an option now, except by visiting each station of that corp. The ‘Information box’, agents tab, does not provide any notes as to which agents are storyline agents.

12 Likes

Good old “Agent finder” and “Expeditions” windows works fast. Everything I can, could be found there immediately, with no delay.

New “Agency” window tries to show everything and hangs for a long time. So, every time I want to find something, it would lasts forever.

What’s this? Why make old working parts of the game almost inaccessible? One more step from exploration+agentrun+mining+trade+production+… to
compulsory casual pvp? However, not all of us come here to fight. Some of us come here to live. And that “improvement” can lead to virtual death of many roleplay-related chars.

1 Like

Have raised this already with the team after similar comments and we will discuss this afternoon.

1 Like

This afternoon? I told you the exact same stuff more than 19 days ago and you raised this with the team now? WTH is wrong with you and your team? Kick your incompetent manager/overseer in the nuts if they made you work on something else than the Agency window in the mean time. They need to be fired for their incompetence.

3 Likes

CCP Claymore, thank you!! :grinning:

1 Like

It’s one of those situations when you pat someone at the back, nodding reassuringly while opening the door and gently pushing him outside …

And… where are all research agents and how to filter all available agents by standing and system security status?

1 Like

Fortunately I did run all my escalations yesterday. :sunglasses:

I am a fan of making informations available on new map and in more compact form so they could fit in a map that can be resized to smaller size, Currently Agancy smallest window takes more space than map can be resized.

I will wait for times when Agency window will be retired and all info will be available from map.

2 Likes

please please get rid of the start conversation box above names! it is super distracting and makes it really hard to see who is a neut, red, or blue. now instead of a quick glance I have to spend wasted time really looking over the pilots in local. At least give us a way of shutting that off. the start convo box is very un needed. please fix this!

3 Likes

Yeah, it’s times like these I’m very happy I have an extensive bookmark collection of L4 agent stations in all 4 empires + the SOE ones.

With the slight issue that I’m a bit lacking on Minmatar, having missioned for Gal/Cal/Amarr way more than Minnie (I make up for it with SOE Epic Arc rewards feeding my Minnie stats almost every time), but… fortunately there’s dotlan and other websites with agents listed, too.

2 Likes

Yep. still using the old map for all my positioning/route-planning/desto/waypoint-setting needs…

I only use the new map for scanning or when forced to use the agency, and then it’s on the system map, not at the region zoom level, so…

This doesn’t look intended. These Alliance Tournament clothes appear as a black ‘X’ on character creation menu. They disappear on refresh.

Fullscreen capture 192018 105906 AM

2 Likes