Devblog - Updates to The Agency, Journal, and Agent Finder

@CCP_Claymore

How do I find R&D agents through The Agency?

I only see options for

• Security
  • Mining
  • Distribution
  • Locator
  • FW

What am I missing?

3 Likes

at the moment, only way I have figured out to find R&D agents is this:

Go to Character Sheet > Interactions > Standings

Select the Corporation (The corp, not the faction) you have standing for
Go to the Agents Tab, Select the Desired Level and there is a drop down if there is agents.
Hope This Helps!

2 Likes

Well yes, and no.

Yes in that we can still find R&D agents ( in a round about way) and no in that why the hell as functionality been taken away from us. We should not have to take this route, The Agency should have had all the functionality of The Agent Finder BEFORE it was released and The Agent Finder retired.

It is just shoddy, half measures. There are not enough :psyccp: for this decision.

6 Likes

Oh I agree, I did see that CCP acknowledged the R&D agents missing as being a bug in Help chat earlier, but I haven’t seen them post such in the known issues yet. I wish they at least kept the Agent Finder until all bugs were gone (or at least similar to the map process).

2 Likes

Ccp likes shiny things most of all. Doesn’t matter if it works as long as it is shiny.

1 Like

“Make it more…psssssshhhhh!

4 Likes

Why didn’t this get discussed after all of the similar comments regarding its functionality (lack of) before today? You know, before the thing that worked fine was removed and replaced with the thing that barely works?

9 Likes

CCP has found that a subset of forum posters complain about things, and I think it sometimes leads to waiting until feature release, to “gather a wider range of feedback” for CCP to feel more confident that something is actually wrong.

3 Likes

You mean to say CCP deliberately disregard player feedback related to MISSING features if that feedback occurs prior to the item with missing features being released?

Although this sounds pretty accurate - You pointing it out publicly doesn’t make CCP look any better.

NB; In this case it isn’t so much something actually wrong as it is a few things completely missing from the feature…

2 Likes

“This patch is itself a B class bug and it’s going on Tranq no matter what” isn’t exactly a healthy way to stir discussion.

2 Likes

and it ended in a mess…again. :roll_eyes:

2 Likes

Well I’m sad to see a good and functional device disappear when other parts of agent finding like people and places search function doesn’t work…

1 Like

R&D agents will be in The Agency tomorrow.

This new change is objectively terrible.

This is yet another change removing a useful tool by replacing it with a version that needlessly sacrifices usefulness for aesthetics.

Hamstringing in game tools is not in the company’s best interests, as newer players are unlikely to be interested in a game that requires them to utilize third party websites to do basic functions like knowing what agents are where and for whom.

5 Likes

Just 12 of them I presume? :roll_eyes:

Sorry if that sounds harsh, but it was mean’t to, ever since this hit SISI we have been telling you the short comings of this and from our end it seems that we have just been ignored.

12 Likes

what about

1. filters of
  • region\system
  • hi\low\null sec
  • access\no access
  1. readable table of agents without map - to see more than 12 agents.
    And so on?
7 Likes

Add “Filter R&D agent by Skill / research field” to your list.

2 Likes

We need to be able to filter agents by “available to me”.

6 Likes

It’s a start I guess.
The Agency window needs also needs to be stackable

1 Like

What is the reason this issue was not addressed after the weeks of reports and feedback about specifically R&D agents via multiple channels and Official Feedback collection methods?

Apathy?
Mismanagement?
Incompetence?
Time mismanagement?
Errors?

Probably just ignored our feedback and kept on typing while repeating “Yes Sir!” Right?

1 Like